Mini Island Master List, Part One - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
The only thing that sucks is that the first third of my DI9 is spoiled now; you used two of the tracks but nearly all of the artists. Oh well, it kind of heads into a dreamy alt-country and folk territory after that that no one since the first couple of DIs would ever attempt.
Alt-country and folk, you say?

There may or may not be a little of that in the next DI for me as well.

Oh, and sorry I screwed up the beginning of DI9 for you. But as I obviously like that stuff, don't change a thing.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #17
45:33

Local Time: 08:52 PM
Sorry if I came off as a douche for reposting that. I just really love talking about music, y'all know that. I will comment as much as I can on every list

Old 07-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

I just cut and pasted from your word doc, and there were no paragraphs. I probably should have confirmed with you how you wanted it to look. Glad you reposted it though.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:52 AM
Ohhh these lists are sexy! Can't wait to get listening. Should finish my list first though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Sorry if I came off as a douche for reposting that. I just really love talking about music, y'all know that. I will comment as much as I can on every list
No, I appreciate you putting the breaks in. It can be a bit difficult to read big blocks of texts sometimes (and I know I'm super guilty of that a lot, so I'm not trying to throw stones), so I am glad for the breaks.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #20
45:33

Local Time: 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan
I just cut and pasted from your word doc, and there were no paragraphs. I probably should have confirmed with you how you wanted it to look. Glad you reposted it though.
Yeah sorry about that, not your fault.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Forwarded my link to everyone. Again, couldn't send to Ashley or Mr. V, although I'm guessing it's just Mr. V who ultimately won't have it.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:52 AM
My PM box will never be open unless I reup my premium membership. LM's box works fine for me though, as long as it's cool with you
Old 07-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:52 AM
I am just now finishing LM's list. I should begin by saying that this was very much in tune with my tastes, even incorporating a few tracks that I either used or was considering using on my last list. The transitioning was impeccable, most notably between "Building Steam" and "Loch Raven." It helps that the latter happens to be my easy pick for favorite Animal Collective song. "Kid A" also felt very much at home on this list, which is a huge accomplishment considering how fey and otherworldly the track is. I will also say that, on the back of this effort, I need to hear more from Aphex Twin and Burial in the very near future. Ultimately, the list does exactly what its creator intended of it: conjures and sustains a mood of dark energy. Very well-done, Sir.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post

I like Reggo's theme a lot, too. Adding a little bit of real life personal background and making selections based on that can definitely help a listener get immersed in the whole experience. I remember for one DI a few years ago, Hardy had a whole section of songs that he chose because they were some of his daughter's favorites that he'd learned to love. I also think it's hilarious and awesome that you have Lea Michele on there (do you watch Glee?). She's wonderful. "I Don't Like You Anymore" is one of the lesser songs on The Age of the Understatement for me, but it fits the theme so there you go.
Realized I never answered GAF's question.

I am a total Gleek. I wanted to use both The Chain and Go Your Own Way, so I figured Lea's cover would work. I just hope the list doesn't make me come off as a total bitch and covers some of the shit I had to deal with with the ex-Idiot: cheating, drug use, giving him way too many chances, somehow thinking it was all partly my fault. A very cathartic list for me.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:54 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:52 AM
i am not even going to tell you what glee thing almost made it onto my list. it totally would have if i could have made it fit. ok, i'm still trying to make it fit, but it probably won't.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

reggo's link is broken.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
reggo's link is broken.
Ah, hell. I'll reupload tonight.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

ok now that my list is finally done, i get to start listening. man, i don't know where to start. iyup's list looks like a whole giant bag of happiness. and OMG seems to be the only way to describe phanan's. alas, what has happened to my vocabulary? omg? the internet happened to it, apparently. but phanan's list also looks phenomenal. and then there's "night driving," and while joey's definition of night time driving music might be a bit different than my own, i'm sure i'm sold just on theme alone. vlad has russian stuff, i am psyched. cobbler and LM have a crapton of stuff that they probably think i'm going to hate and don't want to hear, but i DO want to hear it because i've never heard most of it before. reggo's sort of falls under that category, too, although i do probably know half those songs already.

i should probably just stfu and get to listening, huh? HUH? HUH? yeah, that's what i'm gonna do.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, my list is pretty mainstream this time around, but it was something I had to get out of myself. DI 9 will not be mainstream if I can help it.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:14 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:22 PM
Listened to LM's playlist today. As a person who has not really delved into this sort of ambient, electronica thing before (and having only ever heard Kid A's title track out of that list, which I don't really care for), I found the playlist enjoyable and relaxing as well as a great accompaniment for Minecrafting (). The Aphex Twin and DJ Shadows tracks were my two favourite of the whole playlist.

In conclusion, a very good playlist.