Mini Island - DI Spinoff V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
Back for another round of our DI mini tournaments for the first time in nearly two years, and this one will literally be a mini, as in a mini version of our regular Desert Island contests.

All rules that apply to regular DI are in force for this tournament, except that this time, your playlist cannot go over 80 minutes in length. And, as always with mini-tournaments, songs used in prior DIs are allowed. Still only one song per artist, however.

If you need a reminder on the rules and other details, simply review our DI8 thread:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/desert-island-viii-rules-and-signup-thread-208854.html

Let's shoot for July 22 as the submission due date, and we'll get the first Master List thread up shortly after (or sooner if enough entries come in early).

I'm going to put 20 spots up for now and see how it goes. Quite a few have already announced their intention to participate, but we'll get the official roll call going here:

ALT 1.
ALT 2.

Also, if you wish to be a listener only, you can! Simply indicate your intentions by posting in this thread, and I will keep a running tally.

Thanks everyone.

I'm open to being a listener this time, but I'm not interested in making a list.

I'm in.

By the way, phanan, I will be overseas on 22 July, returning home the next day. If I get my list finalised before I leave (in just over a week), I'll submit it then, otherwise I guess I'll have to be in one of the later master list groups.

I've already got mine picked, actually. And thanks to it and listening to the new Bon Iver album, I've figured out what my list is going to sound like. Getting the songs together tonight has been so much fucking fun. And making me very nostalgic...for reasons...that you shall find out soon!

Sounds intriguing, although I'm not as high on the Destroyer album as most of you are.

I imagine I'll end up hearing pretty much all of it via Mini DI.

I'm kind of tempted to break one of DI's big taboos and use a live track. I think I've found one that actually works.

I'm kind of tempted to break one of DI's big taboos and use a live track. I think I've found one that actually works.

I'm breaking one of DI's biggest taboos by using three non-English songs.

Got to work my way up to whale song.

I was surprised that nobody (to the best of my recollection) noted the second track of my last list was in French. I at least expected a couple of bad jokes. But then the opening four songs of that list got the least comment of any portion, even though I think that was one of the list's best passages.

1. phanan
2. bono_212
3. LemonMelon
4. cobl04
5. iron yuppie
6. Axver
7. onebloodonelife
8. Reggo
9. Vlad n U2
10. Joey788
11. ultraviolet92
12. IWasBored