Miley's WAR against Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thom's always kinda struck me as a bit of snob, thinks he's top shit, unwilling to associate with people who he deems creatively inferior to himself. I doubt he would've had anything better to do...could've at least made an effort.

Another reason why Bono and C Martin > Thom.

And just cause Miley is the epitome of kinda bubblegummy manufactured pop, doesn't mean she can't be a Radiohead fan....

some people react differently to things like this. i for one would be much more similar to thom in terms of how i'd present myself when getting pestered by people that aren't particularly desirable.

people seem to forget that "rock stars" don't owe anything to anyone. why is it that people are so grateful when they do get the chance to meet with them, but can't understand when they're not given the opportunity?

think about it.

i wouldn't want to meet this cyrus either. from what i gather, she's a teenage bitch and is using this as a means to gather more exposure for herself.

radiohead would have been wise to simply leave it alone, and for the most part they have, with the small exception being that "issued statement" on behalf of the band.

If she really wants to ruin Radiohead all she needs to do is sic her fans on them. Can you imagine the horror of both Radiohead and their "real" fans if hoards of Miley Cyrus fans were screaming and jumping up and down at every Radiohead concert for a year or two? And then all the Miley (and now rabid Radiohead) fans could chatter endlessly to anyone and everyone about how Radiohead were soooooo cool and how they just loved Thom Yorke and the rest of the guys!!!! Squealllll!!!!!!

That would be so much fun to watch. :)

Did Thom reply? I thought Radiohead's publicist said something about her sense of entitlement and that was it.

On yahoo.com they quoted it as him, but it could've been a publicist - 'when Miley grows up, she'll learn not to have such a sense of entitlement.'
And it's absolutely true, as fans we don't roll up at Radiohead gigs expecting to be able to meet him, and the fact that Miley Cyrus just assumed it tells a lot more about her and less about Thom. We all know what he's like anyway, at least he's consistent.

If she really wants to ruin Radiohead all she needs to do is sic her fans on them. Can you imagine the horror of both Radiohead and their "real" fans if hoards of Miley Cyrus fans were screaming and jumping up and down at every Radiohead concert for a year or two? And then all the Miley (and now rabid Radiohead) fans could chatter endlessly to anyone and everyone about how Radiohead were soooooo cool and how they just loved Thom Yorke and the rest of the guys!!!! Squealllll!!!!!!

That would be so much fun to watch. :)

LOL! that would actually be quite hilarious.

radiohead is a bit misunderstood. They are like the quiet kid who sits in the back of the classroom in the dark corner who never says anything to anyone.

They are shy and Thom has social anxiety. He might even have asperger's or a mild form of autism. This is not about being "snobby" they just dont really like interacting with other famous people that much. I guess they find it awkward?

and miley claims "I was a HUGE radiohead fan! they were my favorite band. I would cry over them, they are like rock gods!"

well obviously she really doesnt like them or know much about them if this is what she said. First off, radiohead is really NOT a rock band and would never like to be called "rock gods". they hate rock music.

Second, I cannot see Miley ever appreciating "Kid A" or "Amnesiac". That music takes a deep approach to understand it and is the total opposite of pop music. That music is so abstract that the average hannah montana fan would be confused and would probably hate that music. I mean if the only song miley has ever heard is "creep" then i wouldnt be surprised, but I cannot see someone who is such a pop manufactured icon like the music that stands against everything she is? Ok computer is even pretty out there. Can you see someone who sings songs like Miley appreciating songs like Fitter happier, dollars and cents, I might be wrong, The national Anthem, Paranoid android, or morning bell? If she appreciated and understood that music there is little or NO chance that she would produce or want to sing the stuff that she does. it makes zero sense from the perspective of a huge radiohead fan.

because of this I dont buy a word of it. I believe that they are a band she kind of likes that she wanted to meet, and when they refused she got mad and then claimed they were her favorite band just so she would get more sympathy and attention.

With the music miley makes there is no way she has any appreciation for Radiohead. It just really doesnt add up.

Just my 2 cents... and in case you couldnt tell, radiohead is my second favorite band after U2. They are gods to me, and they dont create rock music- they create abstract pictures and art through sounds. I doubt Miley has enough depth to understand this based on what I have seen of her on TV and in interviews and based on the crappy music she makes.

Oh no!

676px-Miley_Cyrus_Concert.jpg

mushroom-cloud-hb.jpg

thom-yorke.jpg

Second, I cannot see Miley ever appreciating "Kid A" or "Amnesiac". That music takes a deep approach to understand it and is the total opposite of pop music. That music is so abstract that the average hannah montana fan would be confused and would probably hate that music.
if you really believe that because of her own job/music being manufactured she is unable to appreciate real talent in others then you might be more superficial than Miley is :twocents:

No, but there are plenty of U2 fans around *cough*EYKIW*cough* who have a similar sense of entitlement towards Bono.

that's come across as rather creepy to me as well, even though i think it's quite clear that bono is a lot more receptive to these things than thom.

at the end of the day, they're just people who make noise.

No, but there are plenty of U2 fans around *cough*EYKIW*cough* who have a similar sense of entitlement towards Bono.

You're right, but that's different based purely on Thom and Bono. You know that if you hang around for hours you can meet Bono and he'll be really friendly. Wouldn't quite count on that with Thom...

radiohead is a bit misunderstood. They are like the quiet kid who sits in the back of the classroom in the dark corner who never says anything to anyone.

They are shy and Thom has social anxiety. He might even have asperger's or a mild form of autism. This is not about being "snobby" they just dont really like interacting with other famous people that much. I guess they find it awkward?

and miley claims "I was a HUGE radiohead fan! they were my favorite band. I would cry over them, they are like rock gods!"

well obviously she really doesnt like them or know much about them if this is what she said. First off, radiohead is really NOT a rock band and would never like to be called "rock gods". they hate rock music.

Second, I cannot see Miley ever appreciating "Kid A" or "Amnesiac". That music takes a deep approach to understand it and is the total opposite of pop music. That music is so abstract that the average hannah montana fan would be confused and would probably hate that music. I mean if the only song miley has ever heard is "creep" then i wouldnt be surprised, but I cannot see someone who is such a pop manufactured icon like the music that stands against everything she is? Ok computer is even pretty out there. Can you see someone who sings songs like Miley appreciating songs like Fitter happier, dollars and cents, I might be wrong, The national Anthem, Paranoid android, or morning bell? If she appreciated and understood that music there is little or NO chance that she would produce or want to sing the stuff that she does. it makes zero sense from the perspective of a huge radiohead fan.

because of this I dont buy a word of it. I believe that they are a band she kind of likes that she wanted to meet, and when they refused she got mad and then claimed they were her favorite band just so she would get more sympathy and attention.

With the music miley makes there is no way she has any appreciation for Radiohead. It just really doesnt add up.

Just my 2 cents... and in case you couldnt tell, radiohead is my second favorite band after U2. They are gods to me, and they dont create rock music- they create abstract pictures and art through sounds. I doubt Miley has enough depth to understand this based on what I have seen of her on TV and in interviews and based on the crappy music she makes.

Pretentious much?

I swear to God, I'm going to start my own form of Fight Club here in B&C to help you kids realize "You are NOT the music you listen to." It does not define you.

hehe sorry, I didnt mean for it to come off pretentious (even though most radiohead fans always sound prentious for some reason...i think it comes from listening to Radiohead?). I think a lot of people misunderstood my post. Its not that I dont think Miley appreciates Radiohead's talent, I just think she over exaggerated liking radiohead so she gets more sympathy. great point that music does not define you, but I have had the average hannah montana fan listen to radiohead music and completely hate it. maybe miley doesnt like the music she creates? maybe she really does like songs like "everything in its right place"? I dont know why but I just think of hannah montana as the complete opposite to radiohead, but maybe you guys are right in saying there might be more to her than meets the eye?? I guess its that I know a lot of people obssesed with Miley Cyrus and I know their music taste, which is totally different that radiohead.

Its just a personal impression I got after hearing Miley explain how she would cry over radiohead. I just dont buy it, not because of her personality, but by the music she creates and the way she reacted to the situation. and im really not conceded or superficial at all so sorry if i came off that way. maybe I should have looked over my post more before sending it :doh:

btw, does anyone find it kind of funny that there are hannah montana adds on this site lol?

Pretentious much?

I swear to God, I'm going to start my own form of Fight Club here in B&C to help you kids realize "You are NOT the music you listen to." It does not define you.

While it doesnt completely define who you are as a person, I think the music you listen to says a great deal about you

Thom Yorke is a prick and always has been one. Thinks his shit doesnt stink...they make some great music and they make some pretty bad music but in the end I think hed do better for himself if he was nicer to the people around him.

Miley needs to grow up as well but Thom Yorke also has a lot of growing up to do.

Thom Yorke is a prick and always has been one. Thinks his shit doesnt stink...they make some great music and they make some pretty bad music but in the end I think hed do better for himself if he was nicer to the people around him.

/quote]

Eh. So he's an smart man that's socially awkward despite his intelligence. Not that uncommon. :shrug:

yea he has like mild autism or social anxiety but he is a musical genius. he is not a jerk, he is just..um... different. I dont see him as a snob either, I just dont think he likes interacting with people he doesnt really know, I think he finds it very uncomfortable.

and I would give their music a chance to really grow into your system and get under your skin. its deepley rewarding music in my opinion.

Miley needs to grow up as well but Thom Yorke also has a lot of growing up to do.

Tell me: at any point in typing this did your synapses fire and make you think, "Holy shit, it's pretty stupid to tell the world what is going through the mind of someone I've never met?"

Just once?

does thom actually have social anxiety or is it a gimmick? i've always wondered this.

Back
Top Bottom