Michael Jackson Music/Video Remembrance/Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I havent seen anyone post this one yet. I know its more Paul McCartney than Michael Jackson, but I've always liked this song and video

YouTube - Say. Say. Say - Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson (RIP)

I remember loving this song and video so, so much when I was 16. I'd always loved The Beatles/Paul McCartney, and I loved MJ, so it was like a dream come true to have them perform together. My family didn't have MTV because we didn't have cable, and I remember having to wait for Friday night so I would watch Friday Night Videos to see the video (which looks pretty cheesy now, even though the song is still awesome, IMHO).

On the front of The Star on Thursday the headline read :Bubbles Too Dangerous To Attend Funeral. WTF? I suppose the Jacksons say to themselves "Shall we ask Bubbles if he wants to attend the funeral?" What's he gonna say? "Bubbles. Your old master Michael's died. Do you want to go to the funeral?"
Bubbles: "No, not me mate. I'm too dangerous to attend funeral"
I wouldn't even give this claptrap houseroom. The sad thing is that there's people out there who will believe this. Imagine a flaming baboon at a funeral service.

I ran a 10K yesterday and at mile 4 of the race, there were fans along the race course playing "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" on a very loud sound system. It was awesome. The fans along the route were dancing and made me run a little better and I was reminded that I should put some of his music on my iPod to workout to.

I've been reliving the MJ catalog and I can't believe I haven't listened in such a long time..he was amazing :heart:

^ I know, I'm kind of regretting that it took his passing for me to listen to his catalog of wonderful music and music videos again. His music is definitely so unique and unlike any other artist... I was 6 when Thriller came out but I listened to his music all through my school years... And I still like them today.

Good lord, this performance is fucking amazing. YouTube - Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal Live in Bucharest 1992 Every crappy, pop artist in the top 40 right now should just watch this or others of his and just give up now. Because they are one giant, pathetic mass of EPIC FAIL next to this.:drool:

It is amazing :yes:
Check out this blog:
Discovery News: Material World: Michael Jackson Had a Patent
I found another blog that went on to say that
Nasa went on to use this technology
Found the other blog:http://andromeda-30.blogspot.com/2009/06/patent-thriller.html

Yes LaToya is in that video-some of it was filmed at Neverland before he bought it

I just got the 25th anniversary Thriller CD. I could really do without Fergie spliced into Beat It and all the other Will i am stuff..but it does have a DVD with it and the Motown Billie Jean performance with the first moonwalk is on the DVD, so that alone made it worth getting for me. I also got the number ones video DVD

I don't think there's any song of his I don't like. Earlier there was something I was watching on TV where they was showing of all his old music video's. I could sit and watch him all day, and while there are songs of his that I prefer more than others, I don't think I ever hated any of his stuff.

I would like to listen to Off The Wall, which was his earliest disco album.

Good lord, this performance is fucking amazing. YouTube - Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal Live in Bucharest 1992 Every crappy, pop artist in the top 40 right now should just watch this or others of his and just give up now. Because they are one giant, pathetic mass of EPIC FAIL next to this.:drool:

I had to laugh real loud reading your comment because you are SO right it's not even funny. Watching the memorial today(tonight in Holland) I have cried for the first time in 3 years in a very unexpected moment where John Mayer was playing Human Nature on guitar and this woman did MJ's high voice a tear came down my face. It took me an hour to "recover" and his daughter Paris crying "you were the best daddy in the world"didnt help things either. What a tragedy.

I never thought about it but I miss him, I miss those times when music ruled and my life is comming by like a movie the last couple of weeks. I am so thankfull for everything and tonight I realised it even more.

Godd bless 'm :sad:

Am I the only one who loved 'You Rock My World'? although Smooth Criminal is admittedly way better. Even Chris Tucker didn't ruin it for me.

That and the song that's been coming up the most for me in the past week is 'Blood on the Dancefloor', such an underrated track.

Am I the only one who loved 'You Rock My World'? although Smooth Criminal is admittedly way better. Even Chris Tucker didn't ruin it for me.

That and the song that's been coming up the most for me in the past week is 'Blood on the Dancefloor', such an underrated track.

"You Rock My World" is really good, but I LOVE "Blood on the Dance Floor". It's got a great groove.:heart:

Can anyone remember the name of the song they showed from the Ed Sullivan show, in the video montage during the memorial service? Or find it online?

I can't believe he could sing like that at that age, I think it was from 1969

Can anyone remember the name of the song they showed from the Ed Sullivan show, in the video montage during the memorial service? Or find it online?

I can't believe he could sing like that at that age, I think it was from 1969

It was "Who's Loving You". Awesome song and the talent that kid had at 11 was mind-blowing.

Those performances are the hardest to see. I just realized he was the same age as Paris in that video.:sad: It's so sad to look at that adorable, immensely talented and gifted little boy and think at that time he had no idea the path his life would take and how it would all end. But like Barry Gordy said yesterday even though Michael had incredible struggles and hardships along with his triumphs his life was beautiful because he truly accomplished all his dreams.:heart:

ETA: Even though it doesn't belong in this thread, for what it's worth, when I see pictures/video of Michael at this age, I see a lot of him in his sons. Paris looks a lot like Debbie Rowe, but I still see Michael in her. I know there's all the rumors flying around about whether he was the biological father, but in the end it doesn't matter because he was their daddy.

I always wanted to see him in concert. *sigh*

Did anyone here ever see his concerts??

I have wanted to see him too but he did not play in my home town since I was 8 months old in 1979, says wikipedia. I am curious why he never played Seattle (i grew up there) that much? I guess i have to get a concert dvd now.

Back
Top Bottom