Michael Jackson MUSIC Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
The man might be a freak, but unfortunately because of what he is accused of and because of what he's done to himself, it's become sort of a source of embarassment to admit you enjoy his music, which I think is silly. Let's look past the man and appreciate his music, because he has made some INCREDIBLE pop music in his career....just think...

Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough
Rock With You
Wanna Be Startin' Something
Billie Jean
Beat It
Thriller
Human Nature
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Another Part Of Me
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Man In The Mirror
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone
Jam
In The Closet
Remember The Time
She's Drivin' Me Wild
Heal The World
Black Or White
Who Is It
Will You Be There
(and even stuff from the History new disc in 95)
Scream
They Don't Care About Us
Stranger In Moscow
Earth Song
D.S.
Childhood
You Are Not Alone
History(title track)

:drool:

the first record I ever bought with my own money, mowing lawns was jackson 5's greatest hits. I got in trouble in school when ' thriller" first came out, cause I was acting like a werewolf and trying to make the girls kiss me like in the video. Just ask Mr Baw, and Doozer, they had to sit thru my performances all through out 1983.

DeadMansParty said:
the first record I ever bought with my own money, mowing lawns was jackson 5's greatest hits. I got in trouble in school when ' thriller" first came out, cause I was acting like a werewolf and trying to make the girls kiss me like in the video. Just ask Mr Baw, and Doozer, they had to sit thru my performances all through out 1983.

:lmao:

Dangerous was the 1st album I ever purchased....on cassette aswell! Jacko has made some superb songs.

My top 3:-

1. Give In To Me
2. You Are Not Alone
3. Blood On The Dancefloor

MrBrau, everyone should have at least 10 MJ songs (minimum) in their library........

Human Nature is the only one you enjoy? Really?

you must try to separate the man from the music (if you can)

I don't listen to his stuff much when i am alone....

but if i am in a bar and something from his 80s days comes up, I am a happy dude.

And don't make any jokes about the "type" of bar I'd be in if Bad came on the juke box or something like that.:wink:

MrBrau1 said:
I have Thriller on vinyl.

Ditto !! :up: I got mine as a Christmas present !! :wink:

Thriller has without a doubt got to be Michael's BEST album ever ...
absolutely GREAT songs (each and every one.) :bow:

Now take his album Bad for instance ... there is no contest compared to Thriller. In fact, I remember watching the Grammys back when "Bad" was Michael's nominated album and seeing Michael perform 'The Man In The Mirror' live onstage. He seemed to start showing signs of his overall health problems that later resulted. In fact, Quincy Jones was leading the background choir during that song and I remember him walking up to the front of the stage and having to help Michael get up after he kneeled on the floor during his performance. Come to think of it "Bad" didn't win any Grammys either ... what a 'let-down' after that truly GREAT album Thriller. :tsk: :sad:

All I have to say is:

Mamma say, Mamma sah, mah mah koo sah!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I have a handful of his hits on my iPod. Although I've long outgrown my squee-ing love of Michael Jackson (I was 10 when Thriller came out, and just thought it was the cat's pajamas), I still think some of those old songs are incredible.

Rock With You
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Billie Jean
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
PYT
Human Nature
Black Or White

Good stuff.

MsMofoGone said:

Ditto !! :up: I got mine as a Christmas present !! :wink:

Thriller has without a doubt got to be Michael's BEST album ever ...
absolutely GREAT songs (each and every one.) :bow:

Now take his album Bad for instance ... there is no contest compared to Thriller. In fact, I remember watching the Grammys back when "Bad" was Michael's nominated album and seeing Michael perform 'The Man In The Mirror' live onstage. He seemed to start showing signs of his overall health problems that later resulted. In fact, Quincy Jones was leading the background choir during that song and I remember him walking up to the front of the stage and having to help Michael get up after he kneeled on the floor during his performance. Come to think of it "Bad" didn't win any Grammys either ... what a 'let-down' after that truly GREAT album Thriller. :tsk: :sad:

Hi! While I agree that 'Bad' is not on par as far as the cultural impact that 'Thriller' made in public consciousness, I'm going out on a limb perhaps to say that, musicially, 'Bad', IMO, is a stronger album overall and contains some of Michael's most enduring songs (always the ones I hear on the radio, like "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Man in the Mirror", etc.). 7 or 8 of 'Bad' songs were released as singles and all did extremely well (esp., outside the US). "Man in the Mirror" is worth the price of that album alone...

Don't get me wrong - 'Thriller' contains my all time fav Mike song ("Wanna be Startin' Somethin'"), but more often than not, I turn to 'Bad' vs. 'Thriller', if I need a Michael fix. After 'Bad' though, it kind of went downhill from there although 'Dangerous' has several things to recommend it ("Remember the Time", "Why You Wanna Trip On Me", "In the Closet")...

Either way, Michael's MUSIC has been very compelling over the years, although his out of the studio shenanigans have been just as compelling (but not in a good way)...

I will happily admit Michael Jackson's music kicks ass. :up: :dance:

Some of my favourites:

-Thriller
-Billie Jean
-Beat It
-Will You Be There (oh yes Free Willy theme)
-Black or White
-Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
-Blood on the Dancefloor
-Smooth Criminal
-Man in the Mirror
-Speechless

:bow:

I think Michael Jackson, as a person, is rather scary. I will admit that his video for "Thriller" was pretty cool, though.

Back
Top Bottom