Michael Jackson MUSIC Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah Michael. He was just the biggest thing ever for a while there. Anyhow, I am an 80's kid as well - but yeah - more 'Bad' then 'Thriller' mainly because my big sis did the whole one glove thing and overkilled it. I love 'Speed Demon', 'Man In The Mirror', 'Another Part Of Me', 'Leave Me Alone' and the classic 'Smooth Criminal'.

Also 'Dangerous' is a corker - 'Will You Be There?', 'Keep The Faith', 'Give In To Me', 'Who Is It?'. If it wasnt for the shitty 'Gone Too Soon' it would rate as my fave "second half of an album" ever.

'HIStory' also has some overlooked gems - '2Bad',
'Money', 'HIStory', 'Stranger In Moscow'...

Also try to check out some of the unreleased stuff on the box set he released last year - 'We've Had Enough' and 'In The Back' are pretty cool - but in all honesty - my fave MJ moment would have to be 'The Love You Save' from back in the day... top pop thrills!

Fucking brilliant performer. I've got Thriller on cd in my car at the moment, from a new lot of ex-vinyls Virgin are flogging dirt cheap. :up:
I saw him live a few years ago and it takes a genius - insane combo to perform how he does. It's incredibe.

:up:

I don't really like MJ but my mom had the Thriller and Off The Wall albums and growing up I did like some of the songs on them. I still enjoy watching the Thriller video to this day. I guess you could say I like the 80's MJ the best. I really don't like anything after Thriller. :shrug:

Oh yeah, he's washed up. His "hits" from the recent years are horrid. That "You Rock My World" song wasn't too bad, I guess, but was marred permanently by the horrific video.

Washed up and a freak as he may be, it doesn't erase what he did back in his heyday.

I went to a MJ concert back in his (third?) heyday :reject:

Actually, it was a great experience. I was mesmerized by his unusually long fingers.

foray

I'm a huge fan of Michael Jackson's music. I even like Invincible, I think it's a really underrated album.

Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, and Dangerous are the best, though. :)

Back
Top Bottom