Michael Hutchence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tawanda

The Fly
I was surfing videos on youtube and found INXS' "Elegantly Wasted"...

OMG!!! Michael Hutchence is friggin sexy in that video!!! Makes me think of Bono in his Achtung Baby days...the moves and gestures....yum!:drool:

I'm sorry...should I be posting this in PLEBA?:reject:

Then I did some more searching and discovered there is supposed to be production of a movie "Slide Away" about Michael's life...that was to be released this year, but so far no word...?

Does anyone know anything about this?

OMG!!! Michael Hutchence is friggin sexy in that video!!! Makes me think of Bono in his Achtung Baby days...the moves and gestures....yum!:drool:

I'm sorry...should I be posting this in PLEBA?:reject:

Then I did some more searching and discovered there is supposed to be production of a movie "Slide Away" about Michael's life...that was to be released this year, but so far no word...?

Does anyone know anything about this?

The movie was ment to be realsesd this year as far as I know, the girls on the MH forum got in contact with the director and he used to post updates every now and again.

If your looking for info about the movie maybe try over there.

:combust: yes, he was hella' sexy in that video, but actually reminded me less of Bono and more of Dave Gahan in the Songs of Faith and Devotion/Ultra era. Hutch and Dave Gahan have more of the classic, sexy rock star look than Bono ever did. I think even Bono himself has admitted something similar over the years.

I'm sorry. What I said really happened when we were talking about Hutchence once so thought I'd mention it. :shifty:

It’s really so sad that he’s no longer with us. I’ve been listening to an Inxs mix cd all week in the car. I really loved them, as a kid. I was fortunate to see the original lineup of the band in Toronto…amazing. What hits me now in the lyrics is just how much he was always searching for something…some sort of personal redemption.

It’s tragic that he wasn’t able to deal with those demons, ultimately.

I read that around the time of Welcome To Wherever You Are, something happened to him on tour and he permanently lost all his sense of smell. Apparently, after that is when he just really went downhill into depression and heroin. He just couldn't cope with losing that sense.

Poor thing. His voice was just GORGEOUS and :drool:worthy. (And he wasn't too bad to look at either! :combust: )

I read that around the time of Welcome To Wherever You Are, something happened to him on tour and he permanently lost all his sense of smell. Apparently, after that is when he just really went downhill into depression and heroin. He just couldn't cope with losing that sense.

Poor thing. His voice was just GORGEOUS and :drool:worthy. (And he wasn't too bad to look at either! :combust: )

I got the band autobiography for a few bucks when Wherehouse was going out of business and it talked about how he lost so much of his love of life when he lost his sense of taste and smell. Really sad.

He was so talented and so beautiful. Maybe when the biopic comes out, people will remember how great the music was and forget some of the other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom