Michael Franti/Spearhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmalezi

War Child
looking at the world through Bono's colored glasse
Has anyone else seen him on the Sound of Sunshine tour? Went to his show last night here in Pittsburgh. What a FUN, FUN gig! Seems like the nicest guy too. I hadn't even realized I saw his band The Disposible Heroes of Hiphoprisy open for U2 on the ZooTV tour until recently. And who could ever forget that "television, the drug of the nation" song played before U2 took the stage for those shows. I highly recommend trying to catch one of his shows. :dance:

I was just going to start a thread about Michael Franti! I LOVE him and his band! :hyper::heart:Dying to see them live! How funny today I was just surfing youtube for live performances and came up with this gem from a music festival in 2008..
Yell Fire was written during the Bush years ofcourse!
LOVE LOVE the guitar rif in the middle.....sounds like Queen doesn't it?

YouTube - Michael Franti & Spearhead - Yell Fire - Live at All Good Festival

Here's the official video... very cool!!
YouTube - Yell Fire

And the song "I'll be Waiting" sounds like BAD's little brother!
Love it! He is amazing ...the energy is incredible!

YouTube - Michael Franti & Spearhead-I'll Be Waiting-House of Blues-Myrtle Beach,SC-08/28/10

He is amazing ...the energy is incredible!

You HAVE to see him live sometime! The energy in the audience was amazing. He even made his way up to the isles in the balcony where our seats were and sang and played guitar right in front of us.:heart: I've already downloaded his last two albums which don't seem to have a weak song on them. Love the music and the lyrics are very uplifting. LOVE the official video of Yell Fire. Great song. Which record is that track from? I'm seriously thinking of making a road trip to Cleveland in November when he plays at the House of Blues. :loveshower:

You HAVE to see him live sometime! The energy in the audience was amazing. He even made his way up to the isles in the balcony where our seats were and sang and played guitar right in front of us.:heart: I've already downloaded his last two albums which don't seem to have a weak song on them. Love the music and the lyrics are very uplifting. LOVE the official video of Yell Fire. Great song. Which record is that track from? I'm seriously thinking of making a road trip to Cleveland in November when he plays at the House of Blues. :loveshower:

Definitely going to see him next time he makes it up to the Pacific NW! I can't believe I have missed him on previous tours. The local station here, The Mountain plays him all the time so I knew of him, but then I surfed youtube for live performances and I was blown away by his energy and good heart! The U2/Bono connection was just a bonus! So great that he looks up to him as a role model/mentor kind of figure! :) Who doesn't in the music biz unless they are stupid! haha! :) But I love that they seemed to be kindred spirits ( minus the ganja :lol: ) :)

I didn't even realize that was his old band

I just put Say Hey on my iPod, that is such an addictive song. Good for walking. I like Sound of Sunshine too.

I'm seriously thinking of making a road trip to Cleveland in November when he plays at the House of Blues.

Got tickets today for the show in Cleveland. I'm gonna take my 10 year old son. He's gonna freak when Michael calls for all kids to come up on stage for the last song Say Hey! We adopted him and he's also Irish, German and African just like Michael was/is. Just so cool! Can't wait! :hyper:

Got tickets today for the show in Cleveland. I'm gonna take my 10 year old son. He's gonna freak when Michael calls for all kids to come up on stage for the last song Say Hey! We adopted him and he's also Irish, German and African just like Michael was/is. Just so cool! Can't wait! :hyper:

Oh wow! Great mix! That is so cool!! You will have a blast!
Have you been following his video blogs on FB? Check out his wall there ( if you have FB that is) and see all the cool stuff he does!
His latest blog, he brought up a street performer on stage for the last song Say Hey...and let him take over the stage. On another video he brought a bunch of random fans on tour bus after the show and gave them a tour.
How sweet is he? I love him!! :) :heart:

I have to say that I've kinda grown away from him. I love his early stuff (Home is one of the best albums ever!), but his later releases don't really grab me. Yell Fire was quite good, but All Rebel Rockers doesn't do much for me. About the same with his live shows (saw him 2 years ago or so). He sadly seems to be skipping over his early stuff in favour of the less interesting newer songs.
Oh well. :shrug: He was great when we were on the same wavelength.

Finally saw Franti LIVE in Seattle last week!
The show was fantastic, it was a benefit concert for the Seattle First school, a school for homeless kids. It was amazing! The whole place was shaking the entire show! Even the nose bleeds were up dancing the whole time! I was in the lower balcony because my friends didn't have the energy to do the pit on the floor, wanted seats with more room and a place to sit during the slow moments. There was only 1 slow moment... the beginning of Gloria.
We could see perfectly from above and had room to "shake it" without hurting people! :) He came up to the balcony to sing up close and stood right beside me for a minute. But before I could get a high five he was gone :( I love that he plays for the people in the nose bleed seats at every show.
It was a blast. I love him so much. What an amazing person he is ..such a great human being with a beautiful soul.
He does so much good in the world and treats his fans really well.
Just like another rock star I know! :bono:Ya, if you ever have a chance to see Michael Franti GO! You will not be disappointed! Dare I say the energy was more intense than a U2 show but it was a smaller venue too so that's a fair comparison, but still the vibe was something I will never forget!:rockon:
Power to peaceful y'all!

Finally saw Franti LIVE in Seattle last week!
The show was fantastic, it was a benefit concert for the Seattle First school, a school for homeless kids. It was amazing! The whole place was shaking the entire show! Even the nose bleeds were up dancing the whole time! I was in the lower balcony because my friends didn't have the energy to do the pit on the floor, wanted seats with more room and a place to sit during the slow moments. There was only 1 slow moment... the beginning of Gloria.
We could see perfectly from above and had room to "shake it" without hurting people! :) He came up to the balcony to sing up close and stood right beside me for a minute. But before I could get a high five he was gone :( I love that he plays for the people in the nose bleed seats at every show.
It was a blast. I love him so much. What an amazing person he is ..such a great human being with a beautiful soul.
He does so much good in the world and treats his fans really well.
Just like another rock star I know! :bono:Ya, if you ever have a chance to see Michael Franti GO! You will not be disappointed! Dare I say the energy was more intense than a U2 show but it was a smaller venue too so that's a fair comparison, but still the vibe was something I will never forget!:rockon:
Power to peaceful y'all!

So happy you got to see him! :hug: Here's a youtube video showing my son on stage for Say Hey. He's in the brown shirt. Don't know who that lady was next to him (not me) but she was REALLY into the show. :giggle:

YouTube - Say Hey (I Love You), Michael Franti & Spearhead, HOB Cleveland, 11/13/10

Back
Top Bottom