Mgmt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to check more out by them - I heard one song on the radio and was really intrigued, and I see their album is getting pretty good reviews.

Saw them open for Of Montreal. They were enjoyable, but seemed all over the place (I think 3 different people sang during different songs, etc). Is the album more focused/concise?

I really like the single, 'Time To Pretend'.

Been listening to em for awhile. They're just okay. I know a few people who are obsessed with them, and I think that's a bit much.

Kids is a pretty great tune though.

i just listened to it for the first time yesterday, and i'm really digging them! good stuff!

i must say, i'm surprised this album isn't talked about more. i think it's absolutely amazing.

Seems to me they might be a "one hit wonder" with "Time To Pretend" being the obvious hit. But that's allright...the world needs more one hit wonders.

Harry Vest said:
Seems to me they might be a "one hit wonder" with "Time To Pretend" being the obvious hit. But that's allright...the world needs more one hit wonders.

have you listened to the rest of the album?:mad:

Listened to their stuff on MySpace and the sample bits from iTunes. Not sure if I will buy this, seems a bit of too-many-different-styles, but "Kids", "Electric Feel", "Time To Pretend" and "Of Moons, Birds and Monsters" sound really good.

And that video for "Time To Pretend" is just awesome!

i must say, i'm surprised this album isn't talked about more. i think it's absolutely amazing.

Completely agree. And I'm surprised to see people say they are inconsistent or too varied in their style, because I find the album to be a fantastic cohesive whole.

Electric Feel is easily my favorite track. And the video...uh, yeah. Awesome. Loving these guys right now, even though I'm a little late getting on the bandwagon. :heart:

Over time I found that "Kids" and "Electric Feel" are the only tracks worth a damn.

I was blown away by Electric Feel the first few times I heard it on the radio, and I still think it's great. Not huge on the rest of their stuff, though. But shit, Electric Feel. I'm mad for it.

So the album leaked on Friday, and MGMT in all of their infinite wisdom decided the only right thing to do was to host the album on their site:

WHOISMGMT?

It's not particularly great, but at least Flash Delirium is the worst track here. Most of it is good, occasionally very good, but it lacks direction and knockout tracks. About as good as the last one, which is to say, moderately.

i listened all the way through, and i like it, but there aren't any tracks that stick out to me like Kids and Electric Feel did on their debut. dare i say that this album is at least more cohesive? that 12 minute tune is pretty cool too.

Back
Top Bottom