Mew releases album of the year ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RiddimMaster

The Fly
Yeah i know! Sorry to say but NLOTH is not all that great imo..

Danish highly underrated band Mew just released a possibly even better record than their previous which in itself is remarkable.. The band has a very unique universe. Broad sound, dreaming landscapes, vulnerable yet progressive, good melodies but no poptunes, unpredictable songstructures.

Btw, Bono was listening heavily to their previous album.

The whole album is currently available for listening at:
Mew on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

warning: highly addictive

For those in NY: They are playing 3 gigs in the coming week. One of them warming up for NIN

Yeah i know! Sorry to say but NLOTH is not all that great imo..

Danish highly underrated band Mew just released a possibly even better record than their previous which in itself is remarkable.. The band has a very unique universe. Broad sound, dreaming landscapes, vulnerable yet progressive, good melodies but no poptunes, unpredictable songstructures.

Btw, Bono was listening heavily to their previous album.

The whole album is currently available for listening at:
Mew on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

warning: highly addictive

For those in NY: They are playing 3 gigs in the coming week. One of them warming up for NIN

:shifty:

Do you believe me or are you doubting that we're gonna make it all the way to the light?

I don't know what's more annoying, this thread, or people writing, is Bono ok, is Interference ok, blah blah blah, sorry Mikal, nothing against you, but this was funny when I first read it, I think it was BVS about six months ago but now it makes me cringe so much.
As for the original post, there's a lot of great Danish and other Scandinavian music out there.

Take it easy guys. Im just an excited fan thats all.. ;) However i do think this is really heavy material. Thought some of you guys in here might find it interesting.

The full album title is:
"No more stories are told today im sorry they washed away
No more stories the world is grey im tired lets wash away"

As for U2 i have hope they will redeem themselves early next year :wink:

This record is awesome. Dammit.

Not as fond of it as I am NLOTH, and certainly not Veckatimest, but good try.

One of the best albums of the year, by far. I love U2, but this kicks ass all over NLOTH (which was also a great album.)

How would you compare it to the previous "2 good songs and a whole lot of filler" album?

Dunno. I had no idea who these guys were until I saw metacritic lapping this album up. All I know is that I enjoyed nearly every track and felt is was fairly cohesive. Good enough for me.

I finally got around to listening to this, which is kind of odd as I have the previous two albums and have always liked them (although the last album wasn't nearly as good as Frengers).

I'm loving it. Much better than And The Glass Handed Kites, although I'm not sure if it will top Frengers. A few more listens will make that clearer.

Back
Top Bottom