Metric?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:heart: metric :heart:

'old world underground, where are you now?' is a fantastic cd. i absolutely love emily haines' voice. some of my favourite tracks are 'i.o.u.', 'combat baby', 'wet blanket' and 'succexy'.

and i have tickets to see them in october. :happy:

thank you for starting this thread. :up:

Anything related to Broken Social Scene is sex to my ears.

That's right. Ears have needs too.

They yEARn!!!

:sexywink:

... I know.

~cause=timenema

ok, so the new album 'live it out' has leaked. this is a ROCK record, for sure. definitely harder and edgier than 'old world underground...'. it will be released on september 27 in canada, and october 4 in the u.s.

from the official metric site:
[q] 10 spontaneous and heartfelt songs that fucking rock [/q]
you can hear a bit of the first single 'monster hospital' here.

good stuff. :up:

ooh, new album! :hyper:

it's funny my thread popped up to the top, cos I've been listening to old world underground all day.

wait a second...their site says theyre playing atlanta 10/11, why isnt it up on ticketbastard? :crazy:

Last edited:
Saw them in Ottawa last week.

Very good show.

Watching Emily Haines doing her thing was quite entertaining. Jumping up and down... on high heels. She reminded me of Elaine when she was dancing. Kicks, thumbs up in the air. Good stuff.

I'm surprised nobody went to bump this thread. I think the new album, Fantasies, is fantastic. It's one of my favorites of the year so far. It's gotten great reviews as well, apart from Pitchfork.

I was listening to Help I'm Alive when I saw this thread! :heart:

i have two songs from Fantasies. I need to get the whole album. I remember the drummer for my old band was super into Metric. I like what I'd heard so far :up:

I love this album and hadn't heard of them prior to this (although I'd heard of Emily Haines). I need to check out their other albums.

I cant stand Metric, but I must say that Help I'm Alive is a pretty good tune

I like Emily's solo album well enough and I worship her work in BSS, but I'm just not crazy about Metric. Apparently this new album wouldn't change that.

I cant stand Metric, but I must say that Help I'm Alive is a pretty good tune

I feel the opposite. Really, really like the album, but I think Help I'm Alive is pretty repetitive and tuneless. Doesn't start the album off on the right foot for me. Thankfully, Gold Guns Girls and Collect Call kick copious amounts of ass. :drool:

I've loved Metric since Old World Underground, and seen them live 2 or 3 times. They put on a hell of a show. I splurged on the special edition of Fantasies but I still don't have it though - something about a vinyl factory shutting down or amalgamating...

Stadium Love kicks quite a lot of ass.

Call me a snob, but I don't like that all the tweens have jumped on the Metric train. :madspit:

I'm surprised nobody went to bump this thread. I think the new album, Fantasies, is fantastic. It's one of my favorites of the year so far. It's gotten great reviews as well, apart from Pitchfork.

so i'm reading this thread and didn't realize the dates on the original posts were from quite a few years ago. i thought cujo was back. :(

Good call. The album is great. I'm hoping for a cross Canada tour. They're playing a festival here in July. But I probably can't go to it.

i listen to a canadian radio station that plays metric nonstop. i really do like their sound. i'm totally getting the album today!

Do you happen to listen to 102.1 The Edge? Every second songs seems to be a Metric song! (fulfilling the Cancon requirement I suppose!)

I looked up their tour dates and they're playing Buffalo tomorrow night; wish I had known this last week as I would have taken some time off to go see them.

Have downloaded lots of their stuff in the past week and so far, so good :up:

Do you happen to listen to 102.1 The Edge? Every second songs seems to be a Metric song! (fulfilling the Cancon requirement I suppose!)

I looked up their tour dates and they're playing Buffalo tomorrow night; wish I had known this last week as I would have taken some time off to go see them.

Have downloaded lots of their stuff in the past week and so far, so good :up:
Yes! That's the one! I love that station.

Back
Top Bottom