Metric?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5th album (Synthetica) will be released, June 12th, 2012: Metric | Synthetica
What does it sound like?

It sounds like the culmination of everything we have done. We've always had a sound in our heads that we hoped to realize and we finally heard it coming back out of the speakers this time.

Where was it recorded?

At our own studio, Giant, in Toronto. And at Electric Lady Studios in NYC. This is our favorite combination of spaces.

What is SYNTHETICA about?

FANTASIES was all about pushing ourselves out into the world, going to unknown places and shaking off everything familiar. SYNTHETICA is about staying home and wanting to crawl out of your skin from the lack of external stimulation. SYNTHETICA is about forcing yourself to confront what you see in the mirror when you finally stand still long enough to catch a reflection. SYNTHETICA is about being able to identify the original in a long line of reproductions. It's about what is real vs what is artificial.

What else?

SYNTHETICA is about insomnia, fucking up, fashion, all the devices and gadgets attached to our brains, getting wasted, watching people die in other countries, watching people die in your own country, dancing your ass off, questioning the cops, poetic justice, standing up for yourself, sex, the apocalypse, doing some stupid shit and totally regretting it but then telling everyone it made you stronger, leaving town as a solution to unsolvable problems, owning your actions and owning your time.

This record, alone with Garbage's new disc, just became my most anticipated album of 2012. I absolutely love Fantasies and I can't wait to see where they go next.

Um, yes. This band kicks ass. I still haven't become as familiar as I'd like to be with their entire catalogue but boy do they have some great tunes.

This band is fantastic! Pity I live on the other end of the continent so I don't get to see them play as much as I'd like.

Emily seems to like Buenos Aires a lot because she tends to visit often so hoepfully they'll start playing more over here in the near future.

So excited. I love this band, saw them live a few years ago and they were just great. Emily is such a babe.

It was in 2010.. They opened for Muse in NY at Nassau Coliseum. Yes it was one hell of a show.. twas amazing. Just like when Muse opened for U2 in '09. That sent me over the moon about 5 times.. :D

Thanks. :up:

Muse opened for the boys in Buenos Aires too last year. I was completely blown away. Before seeing them live I wasn't really into them, but after those 3 night I completely changed my mind. I have now repented and changed my ways. :D

Thanks. :up:

Muse opened for the boys in Buenos Aires too last year. I was completely blown away. Before seeing them live I wasn't really into them, but after those 3 night I completely changed my mind. I have now repented and changed my ways. :D

awesome! I am such a huge Muse fan when I heard they were opening for U2 I thought it was a joke. In fact a friend texted me that they were and I didn't believe her..lol

I am excited!

This record, alone with Garbage's new disc, just became my most anticipated album of 2012. I absolutely love Fantasies and I can't wait to see where they go next.

I AM SO DAMN EXCITED!!!!!:hyper::love::heart:

Can't wait to see them live again!

I only got to see them open for Muse but it was great. Can't wait to see them headline their own show!

Yeah, what they said. :hyper:

METRIC | SYNTHETICA

12 clips of their working progress now up on their site.

synthetica_art.jpg

New single "Youth Without Youth" will be out, May 1st.

Metric just announced tour dates and their presale is NOW.

Thu 06 September 12 Water Street Music Hall Rochester, NY
Sat 08 September 12 The Fillmore Detroit, MI
Sun 09 September 12 Madison Theatre Covington, KY
Sun 09 September 12 State Theatre Minneapolis, MN
Fri 14 September 12 Ryman Auditorium Nashville, TN
Mon 17 September 12 The Fillmore Charlotte, NC
Tue 18 September 12 Stage AE Pittsburgh, PA
Thu 20 September 12 Orpheum Theatre Boston, MA
Fri 21 September 12 The Strathmore Washington, DC
Sat 22 September 12 Tower Theater Philadelphia, PA
Sun 23 September 12 Radio City Music Hall New York, NY
Thu 27 September 12 Hard Rock Orlando, FL
Fri 28 September 12 The Fillmore Miami, FL
Sat 29 September 12 The Ritz Tampa, FL
Mon 01 October 12 Tabernacle Atlanta, GA
Mon 01 October 12 The Pageant St. Louis, MO
Thu 04 October 12 Ogden Theatre Denver, CA
Fri 05 October 12 The Depot Salt Lake City, UT
Sat 06 October 12 House of Blues Las Vegas, NV
Tue 09 October 12 The Greek Theatre Los Angeles, CA
Wed 10 October 12 Marquee Theatre Tempe, AZ

Just snagged two tickets to their show at Radio City Music Hall. Excellent seats too! This might be the best concert presale I've bought for.

Just snagged two tickets to their show at Radio City Music Hall. Excellent seats too! This might be the best concert presale I've bought for.

ooooooooooh.. Radio City Music Hall.. what a cool venue!
congrats on snagging killer seats..

I got 3rd row for mine.. not too shabby, since it was a couple hrs after I found out about it.

Back
Top Bottom