Metallica LOAD - Make one killer album from both discs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Been listening to both Load and Reload over the weekend. I have a nostalgic attachment to these albums and have always liked them as much as the early metal albums. I think Metallica pulled off Alice In Chains inspired hard rock fused with country-ish melodies (Mama Said/Low man's Lyric) very well with these albums. But we all know ReLoad is mostly comprised of songs that didn't make it on Load. So that made me wonder how it would have been if they had made one killer album instead. I'm not sure how it would look like but these are the songs I would pick: The House That Jack Built, Until It Sleeps, King Nothing, Hero Of The Day, Bleeding Me, Mama Said, The Outlaw Torn, Fuel, The Memory Remains, Devil's Dance, The Unforgiven II, Slither, Carpe Diem Baby, Where The Wild Things Are, Low Man's Lyric and Fixxxer. Obviously all this won't fit into an 80 min disc so I'm not sure what to cut out just yet. Is anybody interested in having a go at this? :drool: :wink:

U2Man said:
i only listen to intelligent music.

Haha I know you listen to Metallica, bitch! :wink:

Besides, I don't know if it is possible to be nuts about 90s alternative rock and not like at least parts of Load and Reload.

Zootlesque said:

Besides, I don't know if it is possible to be nuts about 90s alternative rock and not like at least parts of Load and Reload.

Sure it is, those two albums had nothing to do with 90's alternative rock. Neither one of them even made a blip on the screen when it comes to the 90's.

I partially disagree with that. Yes, those two Metallica albums were way below their standards, but the anticipation for Load was very high at the time. I worked in a music store and I remember the midnight sale we had for that album, and it rivaled Pearl Jam's Vs. disc. It definitely made much more than a blip. Of course, once everyone heard Load, it was easy to see why Re-load died a quick death when it arrived afterwards.

However, if you were referring to the quality of music, then I see your point. :wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Sure it is, those two albums had nothing to do with 90's alternative rock. Neither one of them even made a blip on the screen when it comes to the 90's.

Well, maybe I shouldn't have said "not possible" but I'd expect alternative rock fans to at least like a few songs from those albums if they only gave them a chance. I know it's totally subjective that's why I'm using the word expect.

A lot of people got pissed off that Metallica abandoned their thrash/speed metal roots and mellowed out but I think they made some very good hard rock on those 2 albums.

tHAT LOOKS LIKE A GOOD MIX OF SONGS FROM BOTH ALBUMS
I find myself listening to hero of the day, memory remains, king nothing and unforgiven two the most. ( I guess they were all singles). I wasn't as turned off by load and reload as most people, and still find myself going back and listening once in awhile.

phanan said:
I partially disagree with that. Yes, those two Metallica albums were way below their standards, but the anticipation for Load was very high at the time. I worked in a music store and I remember the midnight sale we had for that album, and it rivaled Pearl Jam's Vs. disc. It definitely made much more than a blip. Of course, once everyone heard Load, it was easy to see why Re-load died a quick death when it arrived afterwards.

However, if you were referring to the quality of music, then I see your point. :wink:

Are you sure that you weren't talking about Use Your Illusion I & II?

:sexywink:

U2inUtah said:
I wasn't as turned off by load and reload as most people, and still find myself going back and listening once in awhile.

Exactly! Same here. :hi5:

Pinball Wizard said:
Are you sure that you weren't talking about Use Your Illusion I & II?
:sexywink:

:lol: I was thinking about that too! It's funny how GNR and Metallica did pretty much the exact same thing and both times a considerable amount of fans felt the albums would've been stronger if combined into 1 CD.

I'd try doing it but I've only heard Load and the singles from RELOAD.

Hero Of The Day all the way......

until it sleeps and the memory remains kick butt, especially on s&m :rockon:

but i was wondering what are you guys thinking of garage inc.?

i barely bumped this, and chizip jumps on it like a horny stallion. awesome.

but what does he think of garage inc.? :hmm:

U2Man said:
i barely bumped this, and chizip jumps on it like a horny stallion. awesome.

but what does he think of garage inc.? :hmm:

hit and miss

disc 2 is actually pretty good

helpless
the small hours
last caress
am i evil :drool:
breadfan
stone cold crazy
so what :drool:

oh man i gotta listen to this again

sabbra cadabra, whiskey in the jar, turn the page?

absolutely listenable :rockon:

i just wanted to say that disc 1 has it moments too.

have you seen the live in san diego dvd?

yes, the performance is awesome. unfortunately the sound is only stereo, not surround. but it's worth seeing anyway.

i bought it myself, but it's available at certain torrent sites, i just noticed.

oh, and there are tits in the mix. :drool:

oh wait was that part of the binge and purge box set? if so then yeah i have seen it

i really enjoyed the s&m thing, though. bad ass in a new and different way.

I'm bumping this to share my newest version with fellow fans. I did NOT want to create yet another Metallica thread. If you're sick of seeing Metallica all over the place, just bump or create your own favorite topic! :wink:

Okay with that disclaimer out of the way, here's my take at the consolidated single disc version of Load/ReLoad...

Metallica ~ Loaded

1. King Nothing (5:28)
2. Ain't My Bitch (5:04)
3. The House Jack Built (6:39)
4. Where The Wild Things Are (6:54)
5. Mama Said (5:20)
6. Fixxxer (8:15)

7. The Unforgiven II (6:36)
8. The Memory Remains (4:39)
9. Bleeding Me (8:18)
10. Devil's Dance (5:19)
11. Low Man's Lyric (7:37)
12. The Outlaw Torn (9:49)

Total time 79:54

King Nothing is my absolute favorite song from these albums and I think it's just perfect as a kickass opener. Then I included Ain't My Bitch as a rocking companion piece. House Jack Built and Wild Things sound similar and I think belong together. Then comes the ballad about mother followed with the epic side A closer about what father's done. Unforgiven II is the best opener I could find for side B. I originally had Memory Remains and Devil's Dance together but decided to bring Bleeding Me in and vary the tempo a bit. This also avoids clumping 2 slow songs Bleeding Me and Low Man's Lyric towards the end. Outlaw Town was simply made to be a closer.. what a classic! Thoughts?

I'm bumping this to share my newest version with fellow fans. I did NOT want to create yet another Metallica thread. If you're sick of seeing Metallica all over the place, just bump or create your own favorite topic! :wink:

Okay with that disclaimer out of the way, here's my take at the consolidated single disc version of Load/ReLoad...

Metallica ~ Loaded

1. King Nothing (5:28)
2. Ain't My Bitch (5:04)
3. The House Jack Built (6:39)
4. Where The Wild Things Are (6:54)
5. Mama Said (5:20)
6. Fixxxer (8:15)

7. The Unforgiven II (6:36)
8. The Memory Remains (4:39)
9. Bleeding Me (8:18)
10. Devil's Dance (5:19)
11. Low Man's Lyric (7:37)
12. The Outlaw Torn (9:49)

Total time 79:54

King Nothing is my absolute favorite song from these albums and I think it's just perfect as a kickass opener. Then I included Ain't My Bitch as a rocking companion piece. House Jack Built and Wild Things sound similar and I think belong together. Then comes the ballad about mother followed with the epic side A closer about what father's done. Unforgiven II is the best opener I could find for side B. I originally had Memory Remains and Devil's Dance together but decided to bring Bleeding Me in and vary the tempo a bit. This also avoids clumping 2 slow songs Bleeding Me and Low Man's Lyric towards the end. Outlaw Town was simply made to be a closer.. what a classic! Thoughts?

Well, I don't have much a honey-do list today but I do need to catch up on some work stuff to properly go thorugh this exercise.

I will say I need to see Until It Sleeps and Hero of the Day on there somewhere.

Outlaw torn, Devil's dance, bleeding me, fixxer, memory remains and devil's dance also.

Have to think about the rest

Back
Top Bottom