Metallica is back !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If U2's record is on par with this one, I will be quite disappointed. To be fair, though, U2 hasn't put out a St. Anger (yet...)

In my book HTDAAB is down there with St.Anger, they're both coasters

I'm sure Metallica wishes the same.

I hope U2 can, I haven't seen evidence based on their recent stuff that they can...........still thank you for the honeymoon, let me know when I'm not supposed to like it any more.

The guitars are easily their fucking best sound since '88.
That doesn't meant it was mastered properly. Just have that great fucking crunch and the harmonic leads are awesome.

Anyways, this is as good as it gets with Metallica these days.
If you don't dig this album, give up.

I like it well enough. What do you expect? A complete return to form? Let's be fair here.
Parts of it are fucking awesome but I think it goes on a bit too long. The first listen through, I felt like there were maybe 4 or 5 songs that were nearly indistinguishable from each other. Just felt like cool riff wove into cool riff for long periods of time, which is sorta cool but certainly distances itself from those other albums. Whereas Justice has such an epic ebb and flow, where it 'sounds' as if they planned it all out before hand. Also, nostalgia prevents much comparison at all.

Hard to complain here though, I don't know what else could have been done without making an even more obvious retread. This album owes a lot to the past, that's not such a bad thing if you are Metallica. James doesn't have a good voice and he never did nor will. So, what can you say? They seemed to have buried Trujillo like Newsted on Justice, and Lars is the biggest disappointment here. Thank God Kirk Hammet showed the fuck up though. The guitars :up:

The guitars are easily their fucking best sound since '88.
That doesn't meant it was mastered properly. Just have that great fucking crunch and the harmonic leads are awesome.

Anyways, this is as good as it gets with Metallica these days.
If you don't dig this album, give up.

I like it well enough. What do you expect? A complete return to form? Let's be fair here.
Parts of it are fucking awesome but I think it goes on a bit too long. The first listen through, I felt like there were maybe 4 or 5 songs that were nearly indistinguishable from each other. Just felt like cool riff wove into cool riff for long periods of time, which is sorta cool but certainly distances itself from those other albums. Whereas Justice has such an epic ebb and flow, where it 'sounds' as if they planned it all out before hand. Also, nostalgia prevents much comparison at all.

Hard to complain here though, I don't know what else could have been done without making an even more obvious retread. This album owes a lot to the past, that's not such a bad thing if you are Metallica. James doesn't have a good voice and he never did nor will. So, what can you say? They seemed to have buried Trujillo like Newsted on Justice, and Lars is the biggest disappointment here. Thank God Kirk Hammet showed the fuck up though. The guitars :up:

The guitar hero 3 rips are out, sound is 1000% better, just downloaded it

BLOG: Death Magnetic sounds better in Guitar Hero | musicradar.com

IGN: Metallica Fans Hit Guitar Hero For Better Sound

What garbage. Couldn't even get past the 2-minute mark. .

You seem to base a lot of your opinion on music without actually listening to music.

You by far were the most fundamental anti-Coldplay lobbyist in these parts, yet not once did you bother to actually critique Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. It all seemed to be "OMG Chris Martin said this, and OMG he wore this, he is a pussy with no talent!"

The guitars on this album are seriously unfuckingbelievable! I turned on the local rock radio and they were playing Day That Never Comes. I caught it during the awesome second half and believe me, for a few minutes, I thought it was some old school Metallica track.. couldn't place the name but I was pretty sure it was something from the 80s :lol: until I heard the familiar bass riff at some point and knew it was from Death Magnetic. Except for the sound and some of the lyrics, this is their best album in years!!

The guitars on this album are seriously unfuckingbelievable! I turned on the local rock radio and they were playing Day That Never Comes. I caught it during the awesome second half and believe me, for a few minutes, I thought it was some old school Metallica track.. couldn't place the name but I was pretty sure it was something from the 80s :lol: until I heard the familiar bass riff at some point and knew it was from Death Magnetic. Except for the sound and some of the lyrics, this is their best album in years!!

Get the Guitar hero rip torrent, you can find on thepiratebay.org, I've pretty much replaced the CD in the case with CD-R of that.

You can actually hear the bass, and you can crank it LOUD without it distorting.

Get the Guitar hero rip torrent, you can find on thepiratebay.org, I've pretty much replaced the CD in the case with CD-R of that.

You can actually hear the bass, and you can crank it LOUD without it distorting.

Thanks for the tip! Downloading now. Really excited! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Woah! It's so low now! :lol: But at least it's better than being too high. Need to listen to it in it's entirety to see if those sudden audio drops from the original versions are gone.

And what's up with 2 versions of Suicide now?

You seem to base a lot of your opinion on music without actually listening to music.

You by far were the most fundamental anti-Coldplay lobbyist in these parts, yet not once did you bother to actually critique Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. It all seemed to be "OMG Chris Martin said this, and OMG he wore this, he is a pussy with no talent!"

He probably never listened to it. Frankly, I don't think the guy missed out on all that much, though I personally enjoyed it.

But...wait...are we talking about Coldplay in a Metallica thread? :lmao:

Woah! It's so low now! :lol: But at least it's better than being too high. Need to listen to it in it's entirety to see if those sudden audio drops from the original versions are gone.

And what's up with 2 versions of Suicide now?

It's as low as albums used to be, but you can crank it now and hear it for the most part.

The CD version of S+R is part Kirk part James for the guitar solo at around 6.30, the 2 versions are the JH version and the KH version, I guess for the game you have the option of playing the Kirk solo in it's entirety or Hetfield's. Personally I like the Hetfield one better, one less Kirk wah solo won't matter too much !

I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying this. The mastering does make the baby Jesus weep, but musically it's really engaging. And I can even, to some extent, enjoy it lyrically. May even be going to a show with my brother-in-law in January.

Re-Master it and have everyone who has a copy send in the CD-only (not the case) for a replacement

Why don't you suggest it to the management! :rockon:

But you know there will still be people who won't bother with sending it back and stuff like that.

So I nearly bought the "Buy the cd, get a free Guitar Hero download" version at Best Buy until I realized it was $30 (regularly $40). Why on earth is is so expensive? Admittedly seems like a bit of a rip off, kind of disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom