Metallica and Run DMC inducted into 2009 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Metallica and Run DMC lead the pack of 2009 Rock and Roll HOF inductees.

The Ceremony will be broadcasted on FUSE for the first time ever and will take place in Cleveland, Ohio (where the Rock and Roll HOF Museum is located) on April 4th.

I like both these groups, so I'm happy to see them get in.

I agree, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke.

Artists that have been up for the running for years (but haven't been nominated or inducted):

Rush
Genesis
Yes
The Moody Blues
King Crimson

Now, how can you say that Run DMC has done more for Rock and Roll than the above bands? Run DMC isn't even a rock group. All the above bands have inspired countless other current acts, but aren't inducted (while rap groups, which aren't even rock, are being inducted.)

The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is a joke, though.

I thought 911 was a joke like it says in that Public Enemy song.

They'll probably be inducted into the "Rock and Roll" Hall of Fame before Genesis or Yes. :doh:

One could argue that Rap is a branch off of the tree that is Rock and Roll.

Rush should be in The Hall too. I don't understand what's taking so long. :down:

I hope Metallica paves the way Iron Maiden getting inducted. Not very likely, I guess, but the amount of albums they've sold, their continuing relevance in the metal world, and ability to play stadiums around the world should count for something.

Now, how can you say that Run DMC has done more for Rock and Roll than the above bands? Run DMC isn't even a rock group. All the above bands have inspired countless other current acts, but aren't inducted (while rap groups, which aren't even rock, are being inducted.)

The "Rock and Roll" Hall of Fame has really been a music hall of fame for its entire existence. Until there is a Hip Hop Hall of Fame, I don't see how anybody can argue that Run-DMC has NOT had an absolutely gigantic influence on popular music.

If we're talking about music in general, Run DMC has had a greater influence on music than all of those artists (with the possible exception of Genesis, only for the fact that it started the careers of Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins) combined. Run DMC = the Beatles of hip hop. Indisputable FACT.

Back
Top Bottom