MERGED ----> Last.fm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A look at the concert I added to Last FM's database about an hour ago would also result in some eyebrow raising. :wink:

I deleted a Last.fm a while ago. Now I'm thinking I want it back to introduce my hipster tendencies into the college thought stream.

Last FM is now available on Xbox Live for the 360. Messed around with it briefly, the radio stations seem to all work quite well. You can use your pre-existing account, and it will scrobble for you. I like the changing artist images they show over the course of the songs, pretty cool.

Last FM is now available on Xbox Live for the 360. Messed around with it briefly, the radio stations seem to all work quite well. You can use your pre-existing account, and it will scrobble for you. I like the changing artist images they show over the course of the songs, pretty cool.

Only US and UK though, because apparently the rest of us suck

Rate Your Music, ilike, lastfm, and Jango

Don't ask why but I have an account for all of those above. Does anyone else have accounts for Rate Your Music, ilike, lastfm, or Jango? I would be curious to see what albums you rated at Rate Your Music or songs you are listening to at ilike. So has anyone else signed up on these music websites?

Rate Your Music: PoetryandMusic

lastfm: azure_blue44

Jango: azure_blue44

ilike: carly_w28

Last.fm – the Blog · Last.fm Radio becomes a premium feature on mobile and home entertainment devices

On February 15, the radio service built into Last.fm mobile apps and on home entertainment devices will become an ad-free, subscriber-only feature.

Last.fm Radio will remain free on the Last.fm website in the US, UK and Germany and for the US and UK users of Xbox Live and Windows Mobile 7 phones. We’ll also continue to offer radio for free via the Last.fm desktop app.

I want to explain why we’re making some of these changes.

On the Last.fm website an ad-supported, free-to-listeners model is what supports our online radio services in the US, UK and Germany. In other markets and on emerging mobile and home entertainment devices, it is not practical for us to deliver an ad supported radio experience, but instead, we will migrate to what we believe is the highest quality, lowest cost ad-free music service in the world.

We believe our radio -whether it’s a personalised station or artist and tag radio – is the best in the world and we’re proud of the depth and range of our catalogue of music from major labels, indies and unsigned artists. We’re committed to building Last.fm into a bigger service that gives listeners the best music discovery experience anywhere while financially supporting and promoting the artists who make the music we love.

You’ll see that this change brings us in line with other music services that already charge you to listen to music on mobile devices. For the cost of a fancy coffee, a Last.fm monthly subscription allows you to listen to radio across all platforms, on all your devices, and without commercial interruptions.

This change only affects the radio component of Last.fm’s services on mobile and home entertainment devices. Other features of our service — like scrobbling, music and event recommendations, social networking and community forums, and Last.fm’s wiki-based artist information pages — remain free to users worldwide.

You can read more about the devices that will require a subscription here, you can visit our subscriptions page to learn more, and join the conversation on our forums.

:shrug:
I don't use the radio at all, so I'm not affected by this. But I'm sure there'll be lots of bitching in the comments section. :)

That kinda sucks I guess. I never really used the radio that much myself...but it definitely was a cool way to hear new music. I mostly use last.fm to chart my listening habits. Hopefully the don't start charging like 5 cents a scrobble or something.

slippery.png

:panic:

Huh...I'll have to see if that effects me or not, but as long as it still scrobbles, I'm not dying yet.

I use it to play my radio on my cell phone all of the time, and looking, I will indeed have to subscribe if I wish to continue :(.

Yeah, I only ever used the radio part on my computer or on Xbox Live, so I'm still unaffected as well. Regardless, it's a bit concerning.

The beauty about it in my opinion is that you don't have to keep up to date with anything.

I mean I just use it for the music tracker. Spotify and word of mouth does my new music finding bidding.

Yeah it's fun to see what I listened to most the past month but that's the only use the site has for me.

Well especially when you're obsessive compulsive and a statistics whore like myself... I am constantly checking my weekly listening habits. But my favorite has to be the all time stuff. I try not to look at it unless a few months have passed, so I can objectively look at my favorite songs over the past few months.

I just use Spotify for suggestions now. It's quick and you get to the listening ASAP.

That would possibly be useful to me if I used Spotify, but I don't lol. I feel like Last.fm's recommendations for me are pretty damn accurate, considering how long they've been following my music listening habits.

Oh Spotify is just great. Syncs with last.fm, too. I just love the idea of how easy Spotify makes it to share music and create playlists. I have tons of playlists. A hundred or so, I'd imagine. I make monthly lists mixed of well-known and new music (to me), live lists for artists I'm going to see, and themed playlists.

I feel no need to download music unless I'm getting it for my iPod now (which is full).

Back
Top Bottom