MERGED-->Idlewild - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2002, 08:18 AM   #1
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 01:08 PM
Idlewild: The Remote Part

Wow. After listening to Red Hot Chilli Peppers' By The Way a million times, I thought it was going to be my favorite album of the year. Then I downloaded this (it isnt available in the US yet, but I'm buying it the day it is). Idlewild had become one of my favorite bands w/ 100 Broken Windows, and strenghtened that position when I bought Hope is Important later, but The Remote Part blows those 2 out of the water!!! What a solid album! What a beautiful album! What a rocking album!!!

EVERYONE, go buy this or if you're in the US download it or import it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-20-2002, 10:22 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:08 PM
Re: Idlewild: The Remote Part

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
Wow. After listening to Red Hot Chilli Peppers' By The Way a million times, I thought it was going to be my favorite album of the year. Then I downloaded this (it isnt available in the US yet, but I'm buying it the day it is). Idlewild had become one of my favorite bands w/ 100 Broken Windows, and strenghtened that position when I bought Hope is Important later, but The Remote Part blows those 2 out of the water!!! What a solid album! What a beautiful album! What a rocking album!!!

EVERYONE, go buy this or if you're in the US download it or import it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm buying it on Amazon UK because I can't wait for the US release. I have it downloaded, though, and I agree that it's fantastic. Especially the song "In Remote Part/Scottish Fiction." The Edwin Morgan poem is gorgeous.

The album won't be released in the States until 2003, probably January.

Also, they're opening for Coldplay in the UK and the rest of Europe in October and November. I wish they would open for them in the US too!!

(Two other bands that I've been introduced to through Idlewild, Ikara Colt and Seafood, are also good.)

Old 07-20-2002, 11:12 AM   #3
The Fly

I bought this album on the day it came out here, and I completely love it!!!! I'd never heard of Idlewild until I heard "You held the world in your arms" on the radio, but they are fast becoming one of my favourite bands now. I will have to buy their other albums soon I think.
Old 07-20-2002, 04:36 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

pack yer bags

meeganie, i think you need to come to college with me next year to ensure that my roommate doesn't have bad taste in music (which she does). and it doesn't matter how old you are or anything, so long as you don't mind south dakota.

and yes, idlewild is an awesome band, i first heard them back when we had decent radio stations.
Old 07-20-2002, 08:28 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Re: pack yer bags

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
meeganie, i think you need to come to college with me next year to ensure that my roommate doesn't have bad taste in music (which she does). and it doesn't matter how old you are or anything, so long as you don't mind south dakota.
Actually, I'm still college-ish age (21). Never been to South Dakota, though. I'm kind of tired of my job, but at least it pays (unlike college -- I'll still be paying for mine for the rest of my life). But I'll tell you what, I'll forgo a salary if you can throw in a cute British guy (preferably a rock star).

Edited because I thought I was older than I am.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:40 PM   #6
Blue Meth Addict

Good to see some other people know Idlewild. I think I"m going to import the cd too, www.cdnow.com has a decent price. www.hmv.com is decent too but for some reason the cheaper version doesnt come out for a few weeks or something. Anyone else know of any good sites to import this cd from?
Old 07-20-2002, 11:38 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Good to see some other people know Idlewild. I think I"m going to import the cd too, www.cdnow.com has a decent price. www.hmv.com is decent too but for some reason the cheaper version doesnt come out for a few weeks or something. Anyone else know of any good sites to import this cd from?
I like Amazon UK best. The shipping isn't bad, and they're usually VERY fast.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:17 AM   #8
Blue Meth Addict

Meegannie, have any clue what it's going to come to in $ 's from Amazon UK? I went to that site last night too, but I couldnt find a price conversion anywhere. BTW, do you have Captain? That's the only Idlewild album/ep i dont have, wondering how it is. I"ve heard some of the songs from it, it's a little harder and more trash than their other stuff.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:17 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Meegannie, have any clue what it's going to come to in $ 's from Amazon UK? I went to that site last night too, but I couldnt find a price conversion anywhere. BTW, do you have Captain? That's the only Idlewild album/ep i dont have, wondering how it is. I"ve heard some of the songs from it, it's a little harder and more trash than their other stuff.
I just looked on Amazon UK and then used Yahoo's price conversion thing, and it looks like it's around $18.26.

I don't have Captain, but I've downloaded all of the songs from it. It is a LOT more screamy than even Hope Is Important, and I think the band has pretty much disowned it.

Have you heard the acoustic version of "Self-Healer"? It's very, very good.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:43 PM   #10
Blue Meth Addict

meegannie, speaking of great acoustic versions of Idlewild songs, try go get Actually It's Darkness, if you dont already have it. I think I almost like the acoustic version better. Also, If you go to Rollingstone.com they have an acoustic version of Little Discourage on video there. You probably know about all these things. Anyways, I'm really liking Tell Me 10 Words and In Remote Part/Scottish Fiction off of Remote part the last couple days.
Old 07-27-2002, 03:09 PM   #11
Blue Meth Addict

Here's a follow up on The Remote Part prices. HMV.com is selling a limited edition of it for under $20 right now. It's about $18 I think. I'm not sure how this is different than the normal version, and if it's a limited edition why it's cheaper than the normal version they're selling by about $10, but regardless, it's cheap!!
Old 01-29-2003, 02:52 PM   #12
Acrobat

idlewild

i goin to see them on saturday for the second time, just wonderin what everyone thinks of them??

anyone seem em live??
Old 01-29-2003, 03:31 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Old 01-29-2003, 04:18 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:08 PM
yeah, good stuff, ive just been introduced to them lately, so far so good......
Old 01-29-2003, 04:24 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

They have the best b-sides. And have toured with the best bands.

Tags
idlewild