MERGED-->Idlewild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I listened to most of that album today in my car, and all of Remote Part while running at the gym. I've had Self Healer in my head all day too, and I only know like 2 lines to the whole song.

"A song is a beautiful lie."

I also like the song about the punk overcoat. Its name escapes me now. It's probably "Punk Overcoat." :der:

Hey, did you notice they have a new video up on their site for A Modern Way of Letting Go. Man, The Remote Part is so good. I cant believe they've already released 4 singles off of that album.

Woo hoo, I finally got ahold of a few b-sides I've wanted of theirs! I got Broken Windows, Meet Me At the Harbour, and There's Glory in Your Story. I like em, I like em all!

The French Kicks & Solea are the support in Baltimore. The French Kicks' name sounds familiar, but I have no idea who these bands are. :confused: :shrug:

Just thought I'd tell everybody that I was looking at the videos section of www.rollingstone.com and they have 3 videos of Idlewild playing acoustic.

It's pretty cool, the songs they play are: These Wooden Ideas, Roseability, and Self Healer.

So we have tickets now, right, DiGi?

Two people I know just saw Idlewild in Sidney. Now I am even more :hyper: than EVER! I can't wait. I am bringing millions of things to get signed. And handcuffing myself to Roddy's ankle. :shifty:

Do you know if the venue allows cameras? I may have to smuggle. I NEED pictures. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:uhoh: ahem.... :eek:

I just spoke with my friend tonight. He was away the last week, so he will get them for me either tomorrow or Tuesday....so more or less we have them.

I will call Fletchers and ask about cameras for you tomorrow. Maybe i will just finally breakdown and buy a small digital camera, hell I have a Coldplay show to go to this weekend as well.

I am totally fired up for this show. I want to hear Scottish Fiction really bad.

hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif
hyper.gif

Stop shoving in my face. Lucky suckers. Make sure to rock out extra hard just for me.

All I need is a little discourage.

I listened to 100 broken windows on the way to work this morning. and i will listen to it on the way home. oh and my friend got tickets for us today. finally i called fletchers about cameras but only got a recording. I will ring them back later

Thanks!! :) Even if I can't take my digital camera, I'd like to be able to take my crappy old normal camera. I want pictures! :hyper:

Okay, I am up for this. :) I have their cd, but I'm not that familiar with all the songs. Should still be fun though! :hyper:

meeganie, soo thats what idlewild is, a band. i was wonderin ffor the longest time wut your sig pic was. what are good songs to get introduced?

Back
Top Bottom