Matisyahu!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This band is this is from Israel. But they are a regie band. The song that they are playing all the time on k-rock is King Without a Crown. I just picked up their album and it is called Live at Stubbs.

I posted about him a long time ago, and go no replies either, but yeah, he's great! I dont think he is from Israel though.

Hes grew up in White Plains, NY

This guy is awsome. I saw him open up for O.A.R. at the Garden. Awsome show. Werid and funny but very entertaining.

Heard the single a couple times on the radio, kinda liked it.

How do you pronouce the name exactly?

I really want to see him! I can't stop lisening to Live at Stubbs. They put on a concert in Austin TX and that's their album. I hear they are coming out with a more produced version soon. By the way, I spelled the guys name wrong but I don't have my CD handy to look it up.

heads up for S.Calif fans

Matisyahu
Plus special guests
Michael Franti & Spearhead

The Greek Theatre (Los Angeles)
August 9 at 7:30 PM

The pre-sale is available Wednesday, June 7 at 10:00 AM to Thursday, June 8 at 10:00 PM.

ticketmaster I believe
enter the password: Shake

The Canadian Hasidic Jew Reggae Superstar?

I hear too much of his stuff around here.

The correct pronounciation is: MATIS-YAHOO - which is the Hebrew name for Matthew.

They will be the support act for 50 cent's gig in Israel this month - should be very interesting.

just read a review of the album this morning
sounded very interesting and I do want to check it out :up:

AchtungBono said:
The correct pronounciation is: MATIS-YAHOO - which is the Hebrew name for Matthew.

They will be the support act for 50 cent's gig in Israel this month - should be very interesting.

Sorry, my mistake.

They are the support act for STING's gig in Ramat Gan, Israel, tonight..........

I met Matisyahu once during a meet and greet and I could not shake his hand because I am a girl. He signed my CD. Very mellow guy. The girls in the line had to button their blouses and cover up as much as possible before they met him. :ohmy:

from my media letter and Matisyahu's website . . . .

Langerado Shabbat Services with Matisyahu

Matisyahu performs Sunday, March 11th at the festival, but will be joining the onsite campers for Shabbat on both Friday and Saturday. Shabbat, commonly referred to as the Jewish day-of-rest, begins at sundown Friday night, and ends after sundown on Saturday night. Matisyahu and friends will be setting up Shabbat services, meals, and parties throughout the weekend. All activities are open for everyone and anyone. No knowledge of Shabbat is required, and meals will be offered to all who attend. Campers are encouraged to stop by the Matisyahu Shabbat site at anytime throughout the festival simply to hang out, fire up a conversation, or mingle with friends new and old. For more information please visit http://www.myspace.com/matisyahu

Back
Top Bottom