Massive Attack update as of 21.09.09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
hello, and greetings.

if any of you were fortunate enough to see massive attack last year, and found yourself to be enthralled with the new material they debuted (like me), i have bad news for you.

all i want, red light, dobro, etc. have all been dismissed.

i have no idea why, but apparently the band got completely bored of the songs and wanted to start new.

that said, the band are releasing the four song ep 'splitting the attom' on 6th october, which includes the song "pray for rain".

YouTube - Massive Attack - Pray for Rain (from Splitting the Atom EP)

a full length LP will be out end of january, or beginning of february 2010. it's been a long time coming... they're almost as slow turning out music as their cross-town compatriots portishead.

here's dobro, a song debuted last year which has subsequently (unfortunately) been binned by the band.

YouTube - Massive Attack Dobro (new song) Paleo Festival 2008

I've been hearing a new song lately, on the radio. It's probably one that will appear on this upcoming EP. I can't remember the name of it, but it's a slow burn... grows on me.

And so we shall see, what we shall see.

I mostly just give Mezzanine and Blue Lines a spin these days, when the mood takes me. Not quite so enarmoured of the 100th Floor or whatever it was called. Interested to hear the new stuff.

As for their cross town (country?) compatriots, I haven't played the Portishead album since it came out. I'm sure it's good and stuff, I just haven't played it. Or wanted to.

yeah, actually come to think of it, after june of last year, i don't think i ever purposely listened to anything off of third. it's a shame, because it's really good.

i suppose for me, that music isn't that easy to listen to on a regular basis.

it's with a high level of dissatisfaction that i safely say that i listen to more "easy-going" pop music these days than i ever have before.

girls aloud, suga babes... yeah they get their fair share of my time. i blame this on my partner.

Back
Top Bottom