Mark Knopfler, New album, "Get Lucky"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronnie269

Refugee
Mark Knopfler released his sixth solo album "Get Lucky" on the 14th of September!

The album has received very positive reviews, and IMO is a return to form for Mark, The album is a similar style to his first solo album "Golden Heart" in a sense that it features allot of lovely ballads with beautiful whistle and flute work, the album also features some great blues work and rock n roll tunes, and of course some phenomenal guitar work from Knopfler!!!

The album preceeded a now annouced European tour!

The Official Community of Mark Knopfler

Lead Single: Get Lucky.....

YouTube - Mark Knopfler - Get Lucky [NEW SONG]

Second Single: Border Reiver.....

YouTube - Mark Knopfler - Border Reiver [NEW SINGLE]

Here is my favourite tune from the new album, I couldnt help notice that the lead guitar during the intro sounds very similar to the U2.com clip Dallas! if only the riff was as prominant in the U2 song Winter as it is here in Marks tune.

So Far From The Clyde..........

YouTube - Mark Knopfler So far from the clyde

I would advise any fan of the guitar to witness this genius live in concert! he is truly one of the greatest players of all time!!!

Wow 69 views and no comments, I really thought there would be a few Knopfler fans on here, at least to comment on the comparison of "So Far From the Clyde" to the U2.COM clip "Dallas". Ah Well!

I'm a huge fan, and I love the new album! Border Reiver is fantastic, and I love Piper to the End as well.

Wish he were coming somewhere in the south on his tour though. Closest show is a 10 hour drive away.

Jeeze 10 hour drive, that sucks! Maybe he will announce more date!!!

Yeah its just a real pleasant album, nothing mind blowing but just nice tunes and great guitar work!

Back
Top Bottom