Madonna's Where Life Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to agree. I like sex songs that have either a lot of metaphors or are blunt (Closer by NIN anyone?) This song falls in between and it doesn't sound right.

Casa Bianca in Eagle Rock.

And it's not that kind of California pizza, so don't come back at me with Abbot's Pizza or some bullshit. This is old school, authentic, pizzeria shit.

The two I like best are Dagwoods down in Santa Monica, and Mulberry St pizza, either one.

I love that song and that entire album, she was totally at the peak of her suxiness (exploring) and expressing it all through it from Erotica to that Garden song. :applaud:

she sure slapped everyones' face with that one! :up::wink:

There was so much controversy about the Sex book and the videos and everything, she never really got the credit she deserved for this album. There are a LOT of good songs on here, and yeah I think it's a good thing that an artist this popular tried to bring the subject to the forefront...where it should be.

There was so much controversy about the Sex book and the videos and everything, she never really got the credit she deserved for this album. There are a LOT of good songs on here, and yeah I think it's a good thing that an artist this popular tried to bring the subject to the forefront...where it should be.

I agree. "Rain", "Bad Girl", "Erotica", "Waiting", "Words", "Thief of Hearts", "In This Life", "Secret Garden", and "Why's It So Hard?", all have some of my favorite Madonna lyrics and vocals. She and Shep Pettibone write well together. I would love for her to write with him or Patrick Leonard again. Her cover of "Fever" is one of my favorite covers, ever. I loved the the way she mixed jazz, house, R&B, etc. It really sets a dark, sexy mood for the album

The Madonna performance that always sticks to my mind, is the one from the Grammy's (I believe) where Gorillaz opens up...:up:

The Madonna performance that always sticks to my mind, is the one from the Grammy's (I believe) where Gorillaz opens up...:up:

My absolute favorite Madonna period was the Blond Ambition tour.

Madonna_FB88113883_400.jpg

ba_pic03.jpg

Yup! That was the 2006 Grammys. That was the performance that really motivated me to check out her work.

On a side note, Madonna confirmed she's adding a Detroit date to the tour. She's hitting Ford Field on November 18th. :hyper: My girl is coming home!

Back
Top Bottom