Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She had an injured hamstring, so her dancing was surprisingly low key.

Well, that explains why I thought she seemed uncertain on her feet. She should have worn practical dancing shoes like she did here, one of my all-time favorite Madonna performances:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1z11wENg0M

I can't think of any other dance/pop star who I found as exciting and fun to watch as Madonna during this era. One of my saddest musical failures was my inability to get a ticket to the Blond Ambition tour. I had had a fling with a guy I met in Europe who at the time was a fledgling photographer. A year later, he was on the Blond Ambition tour filming the whole freaking thing and not returning my calls. :sad:

Moral of the story, never dump anyone because they just might be on your favorite sold-out tour next year.

I'm going to try for Phoenix tickets. I won't care if I'm far away from the stage because then it won't hurt so much to see how Madonna's face doesn't move anymore except the mouth.

About time. Yes! :hyper: Looks like she's not playing that many repeat dates in major cities - this will pretty much be her most extensive world tour to date. She's playing pretty much everywhere this tour, hopefully she'll come down here and I'll get to see her live. (So happy for you, Cori, by the way!)

As for ticket prices in North America, it looks like they will pretty much be the same as the Confessions & Sticky and Sweet Tour - $45, $90, $170 and $355, with the exception of Atlantic City and Las Vegas. The stage is still in 'design mode', but Ticketmaster showing no catwalk, but a larger main stage. Who thinks that the stage will resemble her amazing Super Bowl set?

Official press release/fansite article:

FFresh of her halftime performance at Super Bowl XLVI (which was viewed by a record 114 million people) comes details of the Madonna 2012 World Tour. The trek will begin May 29 in Tel Aviv, Israel, and will be her most extensive tour ever in terms of number of dates, according to Arthur Fogel, CEO of Live Nation Global Touring, worldwide producers of the tour. The tour will take Madonna to Austrialia for the first time in 20 years, as well as many markets she has never played before.

This will be Madonna's fifth tour with Fogel and Live Nation, and second under her long-term multi-rights deal with the promoter. Her last tour, 2008-2009's Sticky & Sweet, grossed $408 million according to Billboard Boxscore, the highest ever for a solo artist and third-highest of all time. Prior to that, Madonna's 2006 Confessions Tour grossed $194 million, according to Boxscore, then the highest ever for a female artist.

The 2012 tour will follow the release of Madonna's new album MDNA, due March 26 on Live Nation Entertainment/ Interscope Records, which creates myriad cross-promotional opportunities, according to Fogel. Having the recording and touring (not to mention merchandising and other rights) under one umbrella "gives you the freedom to line up all the different elements to sell tickets and to sell records," he says. "It's as great a set-up as you could have. If this doesn't work, I'm going into plumbing."

The tour will play arenas, stadiums and unique outdoor sights, including the Plains of Abraham in Quebec. Fogel tells Billboard.com that production for the tour is in the conceptual stages, but did say, "it will be big and can get bigger," depending on the venue.

The tour will play 26 European markets, including London, Paris, Milan and Berlin, before hitting North American shores beginning Aug. 28 in Philadelphia. Twenty-six shows are planned for North America, including a Sept. 6 show at New York's Yankee Stadium, and an Oct. l0 performance at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Tickets are scheduled to go on sale beginning Feb. 10 in Tel Aviv and the U.K., with North American tickets going on sale beginning Feb. 13. Tickets for North America are available at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com.

Madonna will play North America until just before Thanksgiving, then head to Latin America to tour until the holidays, then wrap the tour in Australia in early 2013, Fogel says. The entire tour will end up with close to 90 shows, which would be the most ever for Madonna; Sticky & Sweet ended up with 85 dates.

When all is said and done, the upcoming tour will be one of the highest-grossing treks in history, potentially giving her two tours in the top five all time. Fogel says ticket scaling will be "almost identical" to Sticky & Sweet, though venue capacities will vary.

While there are "certain variables" that come with routing a Madonna tour, Fogel says planning begins with the amount of time the artist makes available for touring and then producers using that time to maximum effect. "There's basically an established window and we need to fit into that window whatever we can that makes sense logistically," he says. "Of the shows we're doing, I'd say 25%-30% will be markets she's never played before. There's still a few left. We'll get to these markets where she's never been, some exciting new places, and get back to Australia after too long a time."

While Madonna's first headlining tour was in 1985, the upcoming run will only be her ninth. Sticky & Sweet was a monster by any measure, and included some blockbuster dates in a wide range of territories, 32 countries in all. Madonna sold 650,000 tickets in South America, 72,000 tickets at Zurich's Dübendorf Airfield -- the largest attended concert ever in Switzerland -- 75,000 tickets in London, and four sellouts at New York's Madison Square Garden that sold 60,364 tickets. That tour wrapped where the next one begins, Tel Aviv.

U.S. residents ordering tickets online to a U.S. performance will receive their choice of a digital or physical copy of Madonna's new MDNA album with every ticket purchased. Citi is the official credit card of U.S. leg of the tour, and Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets beginning Feb. 8 through Citi's Private Pass Program.
Anyways, really looking forward to this tour. Seriously. :drool:

I'm going to see her! WITH FITZ CHIVALRY!!!! :hyper:

Yeah! Congrats to both of you! Oh, the envy. :wink:

Second shows in Amsterdam, Toronto, Vancouver, San Jose and Los Angeles have been announced.

Madonna - Pre-order the New Album MDNA - on iTunes

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Madonna-tickets/artist/768011?camefrom=[=CAMEFROM=]&brand=none&tm_link=tm_homeA_rc_name1

Am I the only one thinking that two shows at the Staples Center is not enough? Take a look at past attendances from her shows in the LA area.

Sticky & Sweet Tour

Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles
43,919 / 43,919 (100%)
$5,858,730
1 / 1

Confessions Tour

The Forum
Los Angeles
40,044 / 40,044 (100%)
$7,686,380
3 / 3

Staples Center
Los Angeles
14,158 / 14,158 (100%)
$2,804,583
1 / 1

Re-Invention Tour

The Forum
Los Angeles
43,158 / 43,158 (100%)
$6,965,055
3 / 3

Arrowhead Pond
Anaheim
24,250 / 24,250 (100%)
$4,164,450
2 / 2

Second show announced for Seattle - October 3rd at the KeyArena. Second shows also announced for Berlin (June 30 at the O2 World Arena), New York City (September 8 at Yankee Stadium), Chicago (September 20 at United Center), and Washington D.C. (September 24 at Verizon Center).

Tickets for all of these shows go on sale February 21st, with the exception of Berlin.

Madonna tickets, concerts and tour dates. Official Ticketmaster site.

Whoa! Thanks for posting that - hmmm, I wonder if I should try and go to both shows.

Does Madonna vary her shows at all if she has multiple nights in one city? I don't know that I'd want/need to see the same exact show twice.

Whoa! Thanks for posting that - hmmm, I wonder if I should try and go to both shows.

Does Madonna vary her shows at all if she has multiple nights in one city? I don't know that I'd want/need to see the same exact show twice.

I don't think so. I think she uses the same setlist throughout the whole tour. Not sure. But yeah, I'm with you on that - though in my opinion, I would see the same show again, just because it's Madonna. :wink: But yeah, variety would be good.

I don't know that I can bring myself to go to both. Maybe if I weren't already spending so much money on concerts this spring.

I just got 2 tickets in the Minneapolis presale! :hyper: I've always wanted to see her. I can now cross this off of my concert bucket list! :up:

Madonna will be bringing her 2012 World Tour to Pittsburgh, performing at the Consol Energy Center on Election Day, Tuesday, November 6th. I wonder if she'll be returning to Indianapolis or her hometown of Detroit.

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/2012-world-tour-new-date-added-in-pittsburg

I just got 2 tickets in the Minneapolis presale! :hyper: I've always wanted to see her. I can now cross this off of my concert bucket list! :up:

Congrats! Very envious. :wink: Still waiting for a date here.

Girls Gone Wild

Probably a radio edit. The intro (which is the "Act Of Contrition"... again:huh:) has leaked as well but it's not present here.

It'll succeed on the charts and commercially better than "Give Me All Your Luvin", also specially due to what's been described about the music video to come...
...But it's no big deal. It's "Get Together" accelerated 10%, with "Celebration" chord progression and Cyndi Lauper's chorus. Doesn't add anything to what Confessions On A Dancefloor brought sonically.

("Girls Gone Wild" intro)

Miami has finally been added to the Madonna World Tour schedule. Madonna will be playing the AmericanAirlines Arena on Monday, November 19th. Pre-sale starts tomorrow, February 28th and general sale will happen on Monday, March 5th.

A second show has been announced for the Twin Cities - she will now be playing the Xcel Energy Center on November 3rd and 4th.

The shows in Istanbul and Abu Dhabi are now sold out. Reports indicate that 22,000 tickets were sold for Abu Dhabi, and 50,000 for Istanbul.

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6603

About Girls Gone Wild....it's not bad, though for now I prefer Give Me All Your Luvin'. Yeah, I have weird musical tastes. :lol:

^ I'm happy you will get to see her! :up:

That's if I fly up to Miami! But personally, if I had the chance - I wish it was on a weekend, especially Thanksgiving weekend. Weekday shows are not good, as I found out when I saw U2 in Miami. But the good thing is, they're starting to announce dates closer and closer to Latin America. Huge movement going on down here, hope they bring her, and the promoters here better not charge too much! :wink:

Looks like Live Nation, Ticketmaster and Madonna's camp had nothing else to do today. More U.S. dates have been announced - second shows for Las Vegas, Dallas, and Houston.

Las Vegas - Saturday, October 13th & Sunday, October 14th - MGM Grand Garden Arena
Dallas - Saturday, October 20th & Sunday, October 21st - AmericanAirlines Center
Houston - Wednesday, October 24th & Thursday, October 25th - Toyota Center

Total number of shows to date - 68 :crack:

:bump:

This is the news that I have been waiting for - for a very long time - and although it's still in rumor status, I'm sure it'll happen. Sources close to the largest promoters here in the island are stating that Madonna will be visiting Puerto Rico in November, almost immediately after the Miami shows - which will be on November 19th and 20th. The last time she came here was in 1993 (I did not exist yet), and she unexpectedly passed our flag over her crotch. Doesn't really matter to me, fingers crossed. :wink:

So...has MDNA leaked yet? :waiting:

I didn't realize you get a free CD or download with the purchase of a concert ticket, until I was just notified about it. So, yay, to the Material Girl. That's a hell of a lot of free CDs she's giving away. Or maybe it's if you buy a ticket in a certain price range? I don't know, but I said yes, please, send me a free MDNA CD, and thank you.

Can't believe so many people are willing to go pay a bucket load of money to see Madonna live....she only has like 63 great songs!

I didn't realize you get a free CD or download with the purchase of a concert ticket, until I was just notified about it. So, yay, to the Material Girl. That's a hell of a lot of free CDs she's giving away. Or maybe it's if you buy a ticket in a certain price range? I don't know, but I said yes, please, send me a free MDNA CD, and thank you.

I bought the cheapest ticket to the Minneapolis show, and it said I would get one too. However, the fine print said the offer was valid in the US only, so I guess that is why I didn't get the notification. I live in Canada. I agree that it is great for those of you in the US!

Back
Top Bottom