Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it that horrid cheerleader-sounding song that had leaked a few months ago?

Yeah and it's a mostly revival of "Gambler" with cheerleader vibe.

I quite liked it what I saw in the preview...
Wisteria Lane meets Brigitte Bardot hairstyle, meets Material Girl kind of video and choreography, meets Musical, meets Like A Virgin era kind of wardrobe, meets cheerleaders.

The video is odd, but the song is not bad, pretty sure it will grow on me - even if it's the same as the demo version. MDNA is now available for pre-order on iTunes - you get a free download of 'Give Me All Your Lovin' as well.

Two days till the Super Bowl halftime show and maybe a possible tour announcement next week. :hyper:

like the video- think the song is crap

snippets of Girls Gone Wild and Turn up the radio have been released and they sound alot more promising.

also it is rumoured that Stuart Price will be the musical director for the upcoming tour- which if true is the best news for years in Madonna world- Confessions Tour was bloody brilliant

snippets of Girls Gone Wild and Turn up the radio have been released and they sound alot more promising.

also it is rumoured that Stuart Price will be the musical director for the upcoming tour- which if true is the best news for years in Madonna world- Confessions Tour was bloody brilliant

Stuart Price :up:

The Confessions Tour was easily my favorite Madonna tour, tied with the Drowned World Tour - epic tours. If I saw Madonna on those tours, I would have been really happy. The Re-Invention Tour and Sticky & Sweet tours were amazing as well, not forgetting the tours of the 90's and 80's.

I hope I'll finally be able to see Madonna live when she goes on tour this year. All of her concert DVD's are so good to watch.

I wish to all that is holy I'd gone to see her on the Confessions tour.

The Sticky & Sweet tour DVD made me like the Hard Candy album a lot more. The songs translated well in concert.

for me S&S is the worst concert by a country mile I've been to- it;s the one and only time that I would have happily walked out before the end.

I only really went to hear Vogue, Into the groove and Like a prayer and she she destroyed all of them- and then there was the rock version of Hung Up- which words cannot describe

Unfortunately I got a lift so had to endure the whole horrible experience to the end- by which time I'd tuned out the noise and was watching the video screens. Happily I've not heard anything from Hard Candy since then

CT though was fab- and I wish I'd gone to RIT

She started bringing back old classics back to the setlists after the Drowned World Tour - Vogue, Like A Prayer, Into The Groove, Burning Up, Papa Don't Preach, Crazy For You, Like A Virgin, Lucky Star, Borderline, Dress You Up...and after she said she wasn't going to really play any of those live ever again. :wink:

I'm wondering what songs she'll do in the Super Bowl - in 12 minutes or less. The rumors are Give Me All Your Lovin', Like A Prayer and Vogue. There had been a rumour of Music, though. Can't wait.

Promising?
To me they didn't sound promising at all...

"Girls Gone Wild" sounded like the perfect mash up between "Get Together" and "Celebration"... With lyrics taken from Cyndi's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".
"Turn Up The Radio" sounded, to me, like a new version of Solveig's "Hello".

Plus, that video showing her with M.I.A. recording "B-day Song"... It sounded pretty cheesy too.

Then, the name of some of the tracks (tracklist revealed today)... I was scared after reading it...

1. ‘Girls Gone Wild’
2. ‘Gang Bang’
3. ‘I’m Addicted’
4. ‘Some Girls’
5. ‘I Don’t Give A’
6. ‘Turn Up the Radio’
7. ‘Give Me All Your Luvin”
8. ‘B-day Song’
9. ‘Superstar’
10. ‘I’m a Sinner’
11. ‘Masterpiece’
12. ‘Falling Free’
13. ‘Love Spent’
14. ‘I Fucked Up’
15. ‘Beautiful Killer’

I'm not having very high expectations on this album...

Promising?
To me they didn't sound promising at all...

"Girls Gone Wild" sounded like the perfect mash up between "Get Together" and "Celebration"... With lyrics taken from Cyndi's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".
"Turn Up The Radio" sounded, to me, like a new version of Solveig's "Hello".

Plus, that video showing her with M.I.A. recording "B-day Song"... It sounded pretty cheesy too.

Then, the name of some of the tracks (tracklist revealed today)... I was scared after reading it...

1. ‘Girls Gone Wild’
2. ‘Gang Bang’
3. ‘I’m Addicted’
4. ‘Some Girls’
5. ‘I Don’t Give A’
6. ‘Turn Up the Radio’
7. ‘Give Me All Your Luvin”
8. ‘B-day Song’
9. ‘Superstar’
10. ‘I’m a Sinner’
11. ‘Masterpiece’
12. ‘Falling Free’
13. ‘Love Spent’
14. ‘I Fucked Up’
15. ‘Beautiful Killer’

I'm not having very high expectations on this album...

yes I see what you mean about TUTR and Hello. I'm a huge fan of COADF era Madge so anything that sounds like that is fine for me. Yes I have heard the snippet of B-day song and it sounds crap

I like COADF too. But the same way I don't want another JT or AB for U2, I don't want another ROL, HC, LaV or COADF again.

There will never be a Madonna album better than Ray of Light or Confessions on A Dance Floor - those two albums were just brilliantly crafted. I think MDNA will fall in the same category as Hard Candy, in my opinion. I loved Hard Candy, but it will never be my favorite. And the titles of the tracks on MDNA sound cheesy. Masterpiece seems to be my favorite track so far, as it has already leaked, and released with the W.E. soundtrack.

I think Madonna is starting to run out of ideas. 'I Fucked Up'? 'B-Day Song'? 'Gang Bang'? :doh:

I wish the rumors of Foo Fighters joining for a song were true...but it seems like LMFAO will be and not them...disappointing. But who knows, there have been different rumored setlists.

Right now it's the new song, vogue, music & like a prayer. previously heard Holiday & ray of light.

If I had to pick a set of hers I'd do - Burning Up, Borderline, Like a Prayer, Frozen, Don't Tell Me, Hung Up.

It's SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! :hyper:

William Orbit and Martin Solveig each produced six tracks on MDNA (maybe more), one of the Madonna fan sites broke down who produced what.

Produced by William Orbit:

Gang Bang
Some Girls
I'm a Sinner
Masterpiece
Falling Free
Love Spent

Produced by Martin Solveig:

Give Me All Your Luvin'
I Don't Give A
Turn Up The Radio
B-day Song
I Fucked Up
Beautiful Killer

So basically, William Orbit has the interesting song titles, while Martin Solveig has the cheesy song titles. :wink:

Can't wait for the big game and halftime show. Best of luck to the Queen.

It's SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! :hyper:

William Orbit and Martin Solveig each produced six tracks on MDNA (maybe more), one of the Madonna fan sites broke down who produced what.

So basically, William Orbit has the interesting song titles, while Martin Solveig has the cheesy song titles. :wink:

Can't wait for the big game and halftime show. Best of luck to the Queen.

Funny I would have picked Beautiful Killer as am Orbit track rather than Gang Bang. It's his tracks that I'm most interested in to be honest

There will never be a Madonna album better than Ray of Light or Confessions on A Dance Floor - those two albums were just brilliantly crafted. I think MDNA will fall in the same category as Hard Candy, in my opinion. I loved Hard Candy, but it will never be my favorite.

To me, the backlashed American Life still is her best album, and it still sounds very fresh too.
Hard Candy is not a bad album. Most of the songs are even good. The problem is that the 4 albums that preceded it make it sound worse and pale.

Agreed about Hard Candy. I think my favorite is either Miles Away or She's Not Me.

My biggest problem with it is how bad the CD sounds.

Fuckin' loudness wars.

My favorites on Hard Candy are Give It 2 Me, The Beat Goes On and She's Not Me. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You is really good as well. All of the live versions on Sticky & Sweet surpass the album versions.

Die Another Day, Love Profusion and Hollywood are my favorites on American Life. I prefer Mother & Father and Nobody Knows Me when they were performed on the Re-Invention Tour.

MDNA is number 1 on iTunes in 49 countries - according to her manager. Only 5 more countries till worldwide status. Good marketing move to do this on the same weekend as her Super Bowl appearance.

I like American Life a lot, but I think Die Another Day is just terrible. I think you're the first Madonna fan I've heard from who actually likes it. :lol:

That was kind of a mixed bag. She looks great. New song not as annoying as I first thought. But it just all seemed kind of weird, and she even looked awkward a few times. It didn't help that the synch on NBC seemed to be off.

Also, I'm pretty sure she lip-synched everything up to Like a Prayer, which I'm not going to rag on her for, I just thought it was weird that she busted out with live singing at the end. Or maybe that's just the one with pre-recorded vocals that didn't sound exactly like the studio versions. Am I crazy?

Well, being a huge Madonna fan, I have mixed reactions about her halftime show. I thought she was going to sing live (which I think she did for Vogue and that little mash-up of Open Your Heart and Express Yourself), but she ended up lip-syncing most of it. Disappointing in the fact that she pretty much sings live in her concerts.

Other than that, the most epic part of that whole performance - the stage and VOGUE. Enough said. It just went downhill from there, really. She also looked hot, and my friends are raving about Nicki Minaj, LMFAO and M.I.A. appearing as well. That was pretty good as well.

I expected a bit more though. Now, if she can just announce the tour - please.

Back
Top Bottom