Madonna appreciation thread! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:16 PM
Madonna is the queen of my universe.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith2904
Madonna is the queen of my universe.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

I've always loved Madonna's cover of "Fever" that's on Erotica, but I've never seen this performance until just now, and I absolutely love it.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest

I love that song. The video was so unique. Did you ever see her Grammy performance of it?

Old 02-13-2008, 03:47 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by one4u2

Thanks
Anytime, my dear!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 02-13-2008, 04:57 PM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

Any Madonna fans out there, join Icon, her official fan club. She always does great giveaways and has a ticket presale that actually works. There's a free version and a platinnum version, which costs $39.99, and includes:
The Madonna ICON fan club platinum membership gets you an exclusive fan club gift plus full access to all areas of site including the Community area where you can chat with other fans on the message boards.Plus, whenever Madonna is on tour you will also get presale access to concert tickets before the public!
Priority ticketing before the general public
Access to message boards and exclusive ICON community features
4 digital/PDF printable ICON magazines
Exclusive Madonna photos and videos, screensavers, AIM icons and more!
Members-only discount to the Madonna online store (coming soon!)
Platinum Gift: An exclusive gift will be announced very soon!

I've been an Icon member since 2000 or 2001 and have had only minor issues with it (unlike certain other official fan clubs that will remain nameless). It's a great club to belong to with a lot of fantastic perks.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

^^I'm definitely joining that soon! Have you ever seen her live, as in not on DVD?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:42 PM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest
^^I'm definitely joining that soon! Have you ever seen her live, as in not on DVD?
Four times: once on Drowned World, twice on Re-Invention (once from the in-stage pit -- amazing!!!), once on Confessions. She is so incredible live, totally worth the money.

I actually submitted an article to the print version of Icon about my experience in the pit that appeared in the magazine. Such an awesome thing to happen, even though they misspelled my name.

"Inside the Pit"

When tickets went on sale for the opening night of Madonna’s Re-Invention Tour at LA’s Forum, I knew I had to go. My friend and I hopped onto Ticketmaster’s site just minutes before the official on sale time, hoping to somehow cheat our way to the front of the line. We clicked and waited and refreshed and, finally, got our tickets.

The seats were decent, about halfway up on the right side of the stage. When May 25, the night of the show arrived, we were beside ourselves with excitement. This was our second Madonna concert experience and we couldn’t wait, especially because this tour was promoting “American Life,” the best album of Madonna’s career, so far.

Our seats provided us with a great vantage point for all the workings of the amazing Re-Invention stage. We didn’t miss a moment as screens flipped and moved, the stage raised and rotated, riggings lowered, platforms sprung up and scenery changed. From the opening moment of “The Beast Within” through the final bows of “Holiday’s” close, we were mesmerized. The show was phenomenal.

This was opening night, though, and I wondered how the show would change over the coming days and months. Madonna was playing a few shows in nearby Anaheim, California, and I wanted to go, needed to go but just didn’t know how.

The how came in the blessed form of an MTV contest. My friend and I both entered for the chance to hang out in the dance pit at one of the Pond shows. She won and was kind enough to take me along with her. Neither one of us could believe it – not only were we going to be seeing Madonna again, but we were going for free and were going to be inside the stage!! June 3rd could not come soon enough.

This time, we were on the left side of the stage, allowing us to get a complete view of the Re-Invention experience. Even though I knew the order of the songs, even though I’d already seen the costumes and videos and dance routines the week before, I was still blown away.

Being in the dance pit is probably the closest I will ever feel to actually being on stage. The screens, platforms, lights and various set pieces were moving all around me, I got to experience the concert from the backstage forward. The back-up singers, dancers and musicians played to us, constantly stopping by, making faces, shaking hands and so on.

But what really brought that feeling of being part of the show home for me was the reaction of the audience. I could look out and see their faces, hear their cheers in such a different way than you do when you’re part of it. And I knew that they could all see me and were wondering how on Earth I got so lucky to actually be in the stage watching this fantastic show.

Being that close to Madonna was also unreal. I’ve admired this woman forever and never thought I’d be any nearer than 20 rows to her. I was anxious and exhilarated and overwhelmed at the prospect of actually seeing her, having her walk by me throughout the night.

My first real look at Madonna that night is something I will never forget. She was doing her back-hand-spring pose during “Vogue,” her head pointing back toward my pit. The hair fell away from her eyes and she looked straight at us. She has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, so large and bright.

I was caught up by the entire production, the fantastic dancers, back-up singers and band, but it was Madonna herself who drew me in the most. The power of her performance, her dedication to her work, her energy just blew me away. She worked so hard, putting her all into heart-wrenching songs like “Lament” and “Imagine,” but then lived it up on songs like “Hanky Panky” and “Into the Groove.”

One of my favorite moments from the night was during the “Bedtime Stories” interlude. I watched in amazement as three of the dancers gracefully performed acrobatics on trapeze to the techno music, looking away only when another girl in the pit tapped me on the shoulder. “She’s in there,” she said, pointing to an opening in the stage just in front of us. I looked down, she certainly was. There was Madonna, ready for the next set in her beret and pantsuit, guitar in hand, ready to take a seat on her stool.

“Bedtime Stories” ended, the platform rose and Madonna went into “Nothing Fails.” I watched her intently, her fingers creating chords on the neck of the guitar, and sang along with all my heart. This was what the night was all about, enjoying the hell out of the 24 songs and relishing the opportunity to be this close to my idol.

I knew when the final set was coming, and as the piper and drummer rose out of the stage, I was sad. The night went by so quickly, even faster than the first show at the Forum. I could have stayed all night, I could have stood in the pit every night of the tour, but I knew I’d had my chance and it was amazing.

As much as I love going to concerts, I know every artist I ever see again is going to be hard-pressed to compete with my night in the Re-Invention dance pit.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:46 AM   #85
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Thanks for the info, I have always been a Madonna fan and I would love to see her LIVE.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:10 AM   #86
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith2904

Four times: once on Drowned World, twice on Re-Invention (once from the in-stage pit -- amazing!!!), once on Confessions. She is so incredible live, totally worth the money.

I actually submitted an article to the print version of Icon about my experience in the pit that appeared in the magazine. Such an awesome thing to happen, even though they misspelled my name.

"Inside the Pit"

When tickets went on sale for the opening night of Madonna’s Re-Invention Tour at LA’s Forum, I knew I had to go. My friend and I hopped onto Ticketmaster’s site just minutes before the official on sale time, hoping to somehow cheat our way to the front of the line. We clicked and waited and refreshed and, finally, got our tickets.

The seats were decent, about halfway up on the right side of the stage. When May 25, the night of the show arrived, we were beside ourselves with excitement. This was our second Madonna concert experience and we couldn’t wait, especially because this tour was promoting “American Life,” the best album of Madonna’s career, so far.

Our seats provided us with a great vantage point for all the workings of the amazing Re-Invention stage. We didn’t miss a moment as screens flipped and moved, the stage raised and rotated, riggings lowered, platforms sprung up and scenery changed. From the opening moment of “The Beast Within” through the final bows of “Holiday’s” close, we were mesmerized. The show was phenomenal.

This was opening night, though, and I wondered how the show would change over the coming days and months. Madonna was playing a few shows in nearby Anaheim, California, and I wanted to go, needed to go but just didn’t know how.

The how came in the blessed form of an MTV contest. My friend and I both entered for the chance to hang out in the dance pit at one of the Pond shows. She won and was kind enough to take me along with her. Neither one of us could believe it – not only were we going to be seeing Madonna again, but we were going for free and were going to be inside the stage!! June 3rd could not come soon enough.

This time, we were on the left side of the stage, allowing us to get a complete view of the Re-Invention experience. Even though I knew the order of the songs, even though I’d already seen the costumes and videos and dance routines the week before, I was still blown away.

Being in the dance pit is probably the closest I will ever feel to actually being on stage. The screens, platforms, lights and various set pieces were moving all around me, I got to experience the concert from the backstage forward. The back-up singers, dancers and musicians played to us, constantly stopping by, making faces, shaking hands and so on.

But what really brought that feeling of being part of the show home for me was the reaction of the audience. I could look out and see their faces, hear their cheers in such a different way than you do when you’re part of it. And I knew that they could all see me and were wondering how on Earth I got so lucky to actually be in the stage watching this fantastic show.

Being that close to Madonna was also unreal. I’ve admired this woman forever and never thought I’d be any nearer than 20 rows to her. I was anxious and exhilarated and overwhelmed at the prospect of actually seeing her, having her walk by me throughout the night.

My first real look at Madonna that night is something I will never forget. She was doing her back-hand-spring pose during “Vogue,” her head pointing back toward my pit. The hair fell away from her eyes and she looked straight at us. She has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, so large and bright.

I was caught up by the entire production, the fantastic dancers, back-up singers and band, but it was Madonna herself who drew me in the most. The power of her performance, her dedication to her work, her energy just blew me away. She worked so hard, putting her all into heart-wrenching songs like “Lament” and “Imagine,” but then lived it up on songs like “Hanky Panky” and “Into the Groove.”

One of my favorite moments from the night was during the “Bedtime Stories” interlude. I watched in amazement as three of the dancers gracefully performed acrobatics on trapeze to the techno music, looking away only when another girl in the pit tapped me on the shoulder. “She’s in there,” she said, pointing to an opening in the stage just in front of us. I looked down, she certainly was. There was Madonna, ready for the next set in her beret and pantsuit, guitar in hand, ready to take a seat on her stool.

“Bedtime Stories” ended, the platform rose and Madonna went into “Nothing Fails.” I watched her intently, her fingers creating chords on the neck of the guitar, and sang along with all my heart. This was what the night was all about, enjoying the hell out of the 24 songs and relishing the opportunity to be this close to my idol.

I knew when the final set was coming, and as the piper and drummer rose out of the stage, I was sad. The night went by so quickly, even faster than the first show at the Forum. I could have stayed all night, I could have stood in the pit every night of the tour, but I knew I’d had my chance and it was amazing.

As much as I love going to concerts, I know every artist I ever see again is going to be hard-pressed to compete with my night in the Re-Invention dance pit.
That's so incredible! I would've loved to have had that experience! My mom and I are probably going to see her on the next tour (hopefully it's this summer ) Since all of my friends like shite music, I know they wouldn't be interesed in going.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #87
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 02-16-2008, 08:45 AM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...stone-preview/

This is a preview/review of 5 of the tracks off the new album. It sounds like Rolling Stone is a fan. I'm still nervous.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #89
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I love Madonna...yet I don't have any of her CDs.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:22 AM   #90
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I love Madonna...yet I don't have any of her CDs.
*Phail*

Tags
madonna