Madonna appreciation thread! - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #586
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Any nudity?

Old 10-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #587
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
She came on at 10:30, which meant that I was fading halfway through the show.
Still better than freakin' Axl.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #588
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, at least I was forewarned, and a lot of other people seemed to know. But there were a lot of people who thought she was late. One coworker said "the venue's site and the ticket said 8:00!"

I know she goes to concerts - she should know by now never to trust that start time on the ticket.

Danny Boy - she flashed her fishnet and thong covered ass.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #589
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:53 PM
Seems like that 10:00-10:30 start time is the official start time for her shows. I'm very jealous that you got to see her! What was your favorite part of the show (unless you don't remember because you were fading out?)

I had read that it was her first show in Seattle in 25 years. Now that's a very long time.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #590
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, she commented about it being the 30th anniversary of a Seattle show. I didn't catch that it had been her ONLY Seattle show. I know she's hit Vancouver BC on the last few tours.

Highlight was probably Like a Prayer (at least she got us up and dancing at the end of the show before setting us free to start the slog home), followed by Give Me All Your Luvin', because that drumline suspended in mid-air was freaking awesome.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #591
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem
Yeah, she commented about it being the 30th anniversary of a Seattle show. I didn't catch that it had been her ONLY Seattle show. I know she's hit Vancouver BC on the last few tours.

Highlight was probably Like a Prayer (at least she got us up and dancing at the end of the show before setting us free to start the slog home), followed by Give Me All Your Luvin', because that drumline suspended in mid-air was freaking awesome.
While I've seen videos only, Like A Prayer seems to be the main highlight of every show. The crowd just goes insane, and she just has a great time performing it. That Like A Prayer + Celebration combo ends the show on a high note, for sure, though Celebration is a hardly known track to many. And yes, the drumline in the air looks amazing. The stage itself is one hell of a production, being suited for indoor venues.

I'm gonna have to find a ticket and book a trip to the States or Latin America before the tour ends.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #592
ONE
love, blood, life

Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the release of 'Everybody', Madonna's first single. Surprisingly, given how old the song is, she pulled it off at last night's show in San Jose, replacing Holiday.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #593
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh, NICE.

One of my friends in the LA area got picked for the Golden Triangle at last night's show, so he drove up there. He's been one of the biggest Madonna fans I've ever known. Happy for him.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #594
ONE
love, blood, life

Madonna played Denver's Pepsi Center last night - and some fans did not (unsurprisingly) digest the first section of the show that well.

Madonna Hits Raw Nerve With Gun Play at Denver Show | Music News | Rolling Stone
Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #595
Blue Crack Distributor

I can empathize, but it's such a big part of the show I can't see it being remotely realistic to completely rework the first set for one city.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #596
ONE
love, blood, life

2nd show at Madison Square Garden in New York City last night - Madonna does not seem to be tired of 'Gangnam Style', or performing in NYC.

PSY x Madonna x Gangnam Style x Give It To Me - YouTube

She also performed 'Music' with PSY afterwards.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #597
ONE
love, blood, life

The MDNA Tour is over. Madonna gave her 88th and last performance last night in Cordoba, Argentina. The last two shows of this tour have been some of the weirdest, with weather and equipment taking a toll on the show.

- During the penultimate show in Santiago, Chile - the first section of the show (the violent section) was not performed due to the torrential rain. When the rain stopped, she started the show with 'Express Yourself' and 'Give Me All Your Luvin' at 11:30 PM.

Madonna en Chile 2012 - Express Yourself ( Born This Way) & Give Me All Your Lovin´ - YouTube

- During the last show in Cordoba, Argentina - the generators used failed, causing a power outage in the stadium for about 45-50 minutes (it was during 'Open Your Heart')

I think this will be Madonna's last big tour - with all of the controversies and stuff (especially her late starts), I don't see her going back on the road soon. I hope to be wrong, though.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #598
War Child

Local Time: 07:53 PM
more weirdness- during the soundcheck at Chile she had a go at someone in the audience smoking, the following show she sat on stage and had a smoke...and the power went out- unfortnately it was the road crews fault so imagine they incurred her wrath afterwards

I'm a fan and I think she's behaved badly at times- especially with the late starts and then cutting the show at Chile (I don't see how the rest of the show was do-able in the rain but the first segment wasn't??)- then there was the Paris club gig fiasco...empty seats at the Miami shows that were filmed (due to late start)

I was at the show in Edinburgh and she knew at the soundcheck about the curfew- rather than coming on 15 minutes earlier she cut 2 or 3 songs from the show...

unfortunately she sold herself to Evil Nation and the deal includes 4 tours- thus far she's at least 2 of them- no-one is sure whether S&S2 counts as a tour or not-

so Madonna has to tour once or twice more between now and 2017- I agree I don't see her doing another 88 show tour in one year again
Old 12-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #599
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by djparky View Post
more weirdness- during the soundcheck at Chile she had a go at someone in the audience smoking, the following show she sat on stage and had a smoke...and the power went out- unfortnately it was the road crews fault so imagine they incurred her wrath afterwards

I'm a fan and I think she's behaved badly at times- especially with the late starts and then cutting the show at Chile (I don't see how the rest of the show was do-able in the rain but the first segment wasn't??)- then there was the Paris club gig fiasco...empty seats at the Miami shows that were filmed (due to late start)

I was at the show in Edinburgh and she knew at the soundcheck about the curfew- rather than coming on 15 minutes earlier she cut 2 or 3 songs from the show...

unfortunately she sold herself to Evil Nation and the deal includes 4 tours- thus far she's at least 2 of them- no-one is sure whether S&S2 counts as a tour or not-

so Madonna has to tour once or twice more between now and 2017- I agree I don't see her doing another 88 show tour in one year again
Yeah, she was a bad girl throughout most of the MDNA Tour. I'm predicting her next tour will be like Drowned World - arenas only, limited markets, no South America and a return visit to Australia, and hopefully shows starting before 10:00-11:30. If the show started earlier, many more fans would have appreciated the show more instead of backlashing her. MDNA is a great show, not as amazing as DWT, Confessions, Blond Ambition, etc.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #600
War Child

Local Time: 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
I think this will be Madonna's last big tour - with all of the controversies and stuff (especially her late starts), I don't see her going back on the road soon. I hope to be wrong, though.
She's got 2 more tours on the Live Nation contract before the end of 2017, so she will be back out on the road in either 2014, or if not then 2015 at the latest.

As for the late starts, I'd love to know where this has come from. Pre S&S she was always on time - taking "on time" as starting at a time where she can hit the curfew for the venue, pretty standard practise for everyone on tour (this time out in London & Zurich where the plug would have been pulled for any over-run she actually managed to start on time).

2005 - Brussels 10/6, Manchester 15/6, London 18/6, 19/6, Glasgow 21/6, Dublin 24/6, 25/6, Cardiff 29/6, Boston 3/10, 4/10, New York 7/10, 8/10, 10/10, 11/10
2009 - Barcelona 30/6, Dublin 24/7, 25/7, 27/7, London 14/8, 15/8, Sheffield 20/8, Cardiff 22/8
2010 - Paris, Brussels x2, Rome
2015 - Amsterdam 3 & 4, Stockholm 1 & 2, Barcelona 1, 2 & 4, London 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6, Paris 3, Dublin 3 & 4
cdparky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madonna