Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, she was a bad girl throughout most of the MDNA Tour. I'm predicting her next tour will be like Drowned World - arenas only, limited markets, no South America and a return visit to Australia, and hopefully shows starting before 10:00-11:30. If the show started earlier, many more fans would have appreciated the show more instead of backlashing her. MDNA is a great show, not as amazing as DWT, Confessions, Blond Ambition, etc.

she won't go back to Australia again- she and/or her management said that the tour would definitely go there this year, until Madonna decided that it didn't fit with the school year (odd that it didn#t stop the rest of the tour)- besides I don't think she'd be welcome there anymore

The only other shows I saw was the abysmal S&S and the fantastic Confessions Tour- MDNA rates along way above S&S but nowhere near Confessions

It's been a while since we have heard of anything Madonna-related. Here's her speech advocating gay rights, from the GLAAD Awards in New York City a few hours ago (from time of posting), before honoring journalist Anderson Cooper. Interesting note - she's dressed as a Boy Scout. :lol:

Madonna at GLAAD Awards - YouTube

:bump:

Madonna will officially be performing at the 56th Grammy Awards this Sunday, January 26th in LA. The rumors for the past few weeks have been that she will be joining Beyoncé, but that seems to have diminished. She has no new material to promote, as far as we know, so this will be interesting.

Madonna To Perform On 56th GRAMMYs | GRAMMY.com

New album on the way. 'Rebel Heart', out March 10th. 6 songs have been released, in response to the leaks that have been going on over the past few weeks.

Madonna.com > News > Madonna Releases Six Songs From New 'Rebel Heart' Album

medium.jpg

Yeah. Fingers crossed it has anything more memorable than MDNA.

Although in all fairness, I listened to MDNA recently and it was better than I remembered. There's just nothing on it I could say I really like, much less anything I love. Girl Gone Wild comes the closest.

Beautiful Killer and I Fucked Up were great tracks from MDNA, but I think they were only on the deluxe edition. Looking forward to the new stuff.

Beautiful Killer and I Fucked Up were great tracks from MDNA, but I think they were only on the deluxe edition. Looking forward to the new stuff.
Yep. Masterpiece and Love Spent are also great.

Of the 6 new songs, Ghosttown is an early favorite.

New album on the way. 'Rebel Heart', out March 10th. 6 songs have been released, in response to the leaks that have been going on over the past few weeks.

Madonna.com > News > Madonna Releases Six Songs From New 'Rebel Heart' Album

medium.jpg

Love the album cover, also the lineup of producers/co-writers she has this time around.

Cautiously optimistic because...

Yeah. Fingers crossed it has anything more memorable than MDNA.

Although in all fairness, I listened to MDNA recently and it was better than I remembered. There's just nothing on it I could say I really like, much less anything I love. Girl Gone Wild comes the closest.

Yeah I need to give that another listen. But I can barely remember how any of it goes. It makes Hard Candy look a lot better.

Not a big fan of Gang Bang

[insert Lance's Mom joke]

Ghost Town is definitely the pick of the legit new stuff. None of the new 6 come close to Rebel Heart (the song) though. Promising stuff...

Rebel Heart! The album cover is nice... maybe her best one since Confessions!

You know I've been listening to Ray Of Light over the last couple of days. What a fantastic album! So different, yet so Madonna too. It's her Pop.

Except, I suppose it was more successful than Pop.

The album seems Ok but I'm wearing thin of Madonna referring to herself as a bitch so much lately. Both this album and in her last MDNA, she appears to be still trying to act hip. Hey Madonna, as a fellow female, this kind of language is not cool.

Just started up Rebel Heart.

Living for Love is really good, probably her best song since Confessions era. The next five songs are straight garbage. Absolutely horrible. And they're going to date so badly. Bitch I'm Madonna has this weird Maroon 5/Charli XCX hybrid hook and it's tacked onto a knockoff DJ Mustard beat. It's going to be so cringe in 5 years, maybe less.

Then Hold Tight is pretty nice. Nothing special, but it's pleasant.

Elsewhere, HeartBreakCity = very good; Holy Water = embarrassing tryhard crap. Why would anyone listen to that more than once? Bitch get off my pole!

Final verdict: a 56 year-old woman says bitch more often than Jesse Pinkman over already slightly dated production. If that sounds appealing to you, godspeed.

Last edited:
Holy Water and S.E.X. (the latter is on the 19-song version of the album) are easily the worst tracks of the bunch.

I still think Living for Love and Ghosttown are the strongest songs. Hold Tight, Joan of Arc and HeartBreakCity are very good as well. The other songs are fine.

I'll go ahead and say that the album is better than MDNA. Better than anything before MDNA? Nope.

It's better than MDNA, and there are only a few songs I actively disliked on first listen, so yay.

Agreed.

Too many songs for me to remember all the titles, but there are some tracks on the super deluxe edition that are better than half of what made it onto the official album.

That's become a common theme in mainstream releases lately. The most acclaimed songs on Eminem's (pretty bad) last album were on the deluxe.

Back
Top Bottom