Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slapnutz said:
Get that shit out of my head!

I think if she had dumbed down the lyrics further, they wouldn't be comprehensible. It would just be grunts, or perhaps Madonna drooling for 3 minutes.

Wow, I had my hopes up after the first handful of songs, but .... bleah.

It says a lot when Masterpiece is a high point. Ditto Give Me All Your Luvin'.

Edit: and yeah, what you guys said about the last thee songs. Falling Free is lovely.

I don't think Give Me All Your Luvin' is terrible. I kinda like it, minus the lame cheerleader hook. The beat and guest spots feel a lot more fresh than 4 Minutes did when it first came out. She was so behind the times there, and the song itself wasn't great.

I don't think Give Me All Your Luvin' is terrible. I kinda like it, minus the lame cheerleader hook. The beat and guest spots feel a lot more fresh than 4 Minutes did when it first came out. She was so behind the times there, and the song itself wasn't great.

Definitely agree. Give Me All Your Luvin > 4 Minutes, though I "loved" 4 Minutes when it came out 4 years ago. Now I hardly listen to it. :wink:

Gang Bang is very interesting, though how many times she says 'bitch' towards the end gets me off guard. 'That's right, drive bitch!' :huh:
Definitely one of, if not, her most immature moments on MDNA.

I'm very irritated that the radio stations here are only playing the LMFAO Remix of 'Give Me All Your Luvin'' and not the original single version. Not a fan of that remix.

Meh, I'd take 4 Minutes over Give Me All Your Luvin', which is just downright too stupid and silly for her.

Apart from the last three and most of Gang Bang, I wouldn't call anything else on this something I really like, but a few songs like Girl Gone Wild and I'm A Sinner are passable enough for me.

have not heard the album yet, but already I do not like her song Girl Gone Wild!

The video however reminds me of her Erotica vid era, tied in with Blonde Ambition/TOD promotional shots she done, posing with her dancers from that tour, for magazines like Smash Hits, etc.

Takes me back! :D

Thanks. I just re-listened to those last 3 songs during my lunch break and they are quite nice. I guess I was just grumpy and not paying attention the first time.

When I started playing the bonus disc, I thought "Hey, is this going to be better than the main album"?

And then B-Day Song started, and I thought "Nope."

When I started playing the bonus disc, I thought "Hey, is this going to be better than the main album"?

And then B-Day Song started, and I thought "Nope."

I'm extremely glad B-Day Song was moved to the bonus disc. Either way, it's just crap. Pure crap. :barf:

Currently listening to I'm Addicted - it's growing on me. Can't stand the 'MDNA' repeating at the end, though.

According to her manager, Latin American dates for the MDNA World Tour will be announced during the next two weeks. My fingers are crossed. :wink:

Rumoured setlist making the rounds - not believing it:

559017_10150637695886537_628691536_9494939_2140892845_n.jpg

First round of Latin American tour dates finally announced.

Saturday, November 24th - Mexico City, Mexico - Foro Sol

Wednesday, November 28th - Medellin, Colombia - Estadio Atanasio Girardot

Saturday, December 1st - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Parque Dos Atletas

Tuesday, December 4th - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Estadio do Morumbi

Sunday, December 9th - Porto Alegre, Brazil - Estadio Olimpico

Wednesday, December 19th - Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional de Chile

Madonna.com > News > New Tour Dates Confirmed In Mexico, Colombia, Brazil And Chile

Starting to look unlikely for a show here. :down:

I've listened to a few songs so far. Sound wise, they're OK, but their content is bit annoying.

"Girl Gone Wild" and "I'm A Sinner" are just her usual complaints against her strict Catholic upbringing. Hasn't she said that a million times already? We know that she doesn't like the Catholic church (even though she admitted to baptizing her kids in the church :huh: ) and we get it already. Enough, Madonna! Don't you have anything else to complain about?

Been listening to MDNA (deluxe edition) a lot in the past couple of weeks and my favorite track is Beautiful Killer. I Fucked Up is also one of my favorite tracks too.

Been listening to MDNA (deluxe edition) a lot in the past couple of weeks and my favorite track is Beautiful Killer. I Fucked Up is also one of my favorite tracks too.

Those two are also one of my favorites, though my absolute favorite is Masterpiece. Great tracks, nonetheless. Completely different from the other tracks on MDNA.

My friend had Girl Gone Wild on in the car last night, and damn, it sounded good. It's time to go back and give the album a second listen, see if I feel any different about it.

My friend had Girl Gone Wild on in the car last night, and damn, it sounded good. It's time to go back and give the album a second listen, see if I feel any different about it.

I turned on VH1's Jump Start this morning, and the video of Girl Gone Wild was playing. I love the song, great song to start the album in my opinion.

The opening of the MDNA World Tour, in Tel Aviv, Israel, has been pushed from Tuesday, May 29th - to Thursday, May 31st, due to "production delays" as stated by Madonna's team and Live Nation. Tickets for the May 29th show will be honored at the May 31st show. So basically, she is only doing one show now in Tel Aviv instead of two.

Madonna.com > News > Madonna's MDNA Tour Now Opens In Tel Aviv On May 31

Production delays is just a cover-up, in my opinion. She performed to 99,000 people in Tel Aviv during her Sticky & Sweet Tour almost three years ago. Like if she was going to perform two more shows in the same market. Market saturation at it's best. :doh:

as much as I love Madonna, I do hope this time she has all new dancers, to give them a chance. I mean, I know some same males/females have been in couple of tours (and still audition to keep it fair), but I just hope to see a whole new line of unknowns this time round, I just know they will be fantastic. :up:

I mean, I loved Riki and Yuki from Sweet N Sticky!

Madonna is now rehearsing at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, with the full MDNA Tour stage. Photos courtesty of her Facebook page:

522884_10150860622969402_10584534401_12022537_1061136541_n.jpg

523265_10150860623159402_10584534401_12022540_553899782_n.jpg

Yes and so far she has no plans to perform there during her tour. All the Long Islanders will have to schlep to the city to see her. :wink:

I find that a bit unfair, really, but the tour is scheduled around where she wants to go. Three shows in New York City (two at Yankee Stadium and one at Madison Square Garden) on the other hand is a bit too much, but they love her over there - compared to Philadelphia and Boston when she is only doing single nights in those cities. :wink:

Alright, so the MDNA World Tour starts this Thursday in Tel Aviv. Madonna has been rehearsing the full show a few times over the weekend, lots of videos and reports from sources about rehearsals have been surfacing. The setlist still seems to be unofficial or not fully confirmed. Some very good rehearsal pics have been posted on Madonna's Facebook page, posted within spoilers.

542001_10150989806574402_10584534401_12221335_516997397_n.jpg

560157_10150992993929402_10584534401_12230400_420626536_n.jpg

11786_10150989806129402_10584534401_12221326_406419036_n.jpg

:drool: She never fails to impress.

I heard about that earlier, and while part of me is excited to hear the mash-up of the two songs, I don't like the snippet from She's Not Me (she apparently chants "She's not me" a bunch of times?).

The mash-up on its own is a great way to acknowledge the Gaga "controversy" with a little wink and a smirk, but that extra step is a bit too much. It feels a little ... well, desperate. Don't worry, Madge. We know she's not you.

But some of us like the both of you anyway.

Just a little over two hours left and Madonna will be rocking the Ramat Gan Stadium.

I had a chance to hear the part of the rehearsal two nights ago and it sounds really exciting.

Back
Top Bottom