Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you know what are the main "lenses" through which you have read a cultural issue, any cultural situation? If not, go read about it for a while and then get back to this topic to reply my comment. Only then you'll know what I'm (me and many of the most important cultural studies' authors) talking about.
I'm not new to cultural studies or gender studies, btw. The fact that Madonna has been discussed doesn't mean, to me, that she's important. I'm not really interested in your recycling what people I've already read think. I'd like to know why YOU think she's important in this area.

I'm not new to cultural studies or gender studies, btw. The fact that Madonna has been discussed doesn't mean, to me, that she's important. I'm not really interested in your recycling what people I've already read think. I'd like to know why YOU think she's important in this area.

So you think that something like this has no relevance at all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-GBzVyUUl0

Really?
This video (which I think it speaks for itself) is a mere example, we can bring out other more.

«The fact that she's been discussed [on cultural studies] doesn't mean she's important»... WOW!

This is only to start. I can continue tomorrow.

This video (which I think it speaks for itself) is a mere example, we can bring out other more.
I respect your opinion on this, but could you state clearly your reasons for believing Madonna has impacted culture or gender relations? This video does not suggest anything important to me (unless you are referring to the song itself... or something else?).
«The fact that she's been discussed [on cultural studies] doesn't mean she's important»... WOW!
Of course it doesn't! My best friends are all academics and they'd be the first to say that being discussed in academia doesn't equate with importance.

Again, I'm not trying to argue with you. I'd just like to know why you (or anyone here) thinks Madonna has had a positive impact on culture or gender relations.

Aww, c'mon. This video illustrates that women should never be afraid to grab their crouch and get a nice firm hold for all of the world to see.

Here we go, Madonna has confirmed the title of her new album: 'M.D.N.A.' Not the title I was expecting. :shrug:

Madonna: New Album Is Called 'M.D.N.A.' | Music News | Rolling Stone

Madonna has revealed that her 12th studio album will be titled M.D.N.A. The record, her first for Interscope after spending her entire career recording for Warner Bros., is expected to hit stores before the end of March, though no release date has been confirmed.

Madonna announced the title during a taping of The Graham Norton Show, a popular BBC talk show. (Though the interview was taped today, the episode will air at a later date.) When asked about the release date, Madonna reportedly complained about her music being leaked by her fans. "It depends how quickly people hack into my server and leak it," she told Norton. "Can people wait? It's terrible."

According to Glamour, Norton and Madonna also chatted about Lady Gaga. "When I first saw [Gaga] I was really impressed by her and she was cool," Madonna reportedly said. "She did remind me of me back in the day. I do think she is very talented."

Read more: Madonna: New Album Is Called 'M.D.N.A.' | Music News | Rolling Stone

"Can people wait? It's terrible."

Why should people wait to hear your album if it's terrible. Might as well get it over with.

skeletor_1024.jpg

:love:

I really hope she meant "it's terrible that people hack into my server and leak it."

I hope she meant that as well, which I think she meant. If the album was terrible, why would people buy it, as LM said. :lol:

After that leaked demo of the new single, I'm not sure how to look forward to this album, though I'm sure there will be better tracks.

Oh, and in hopes of a Madonna tour this year, looking back to my favorite version of 'Music':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltQEifKCe3U

:drool:

I really hope she meant "it's terrible that people hack into my server and leak it."

of course if she were talking about Hard Candy she would have had it right- "it's terrible" :D

of the 2 new tracks I've heard in full I like Masterpiece- don't like the other one, and a 20 second snippet of a third track has appeared (Birthday Song) which sounds pretty crap as well (although it's hard to tell from 20 seconds)

I live in hope that she'll work with Stuart Price again at some point

Seems that the tour will be announced in the days after the Super Bowl. Rumors floating around that 'Vogue' will be performed in the halftime show. :drool:

e5fr7k.jpg

Giants vs. Patriots + a really good halftime show (hopefully). :wink:

Check out the official M.D.N.A. album cover, posted on Madonna's Facebook page.

419306_10150635291129402_10584534401_11286697_1769268632_n.jpg

Album set for a March 26 release.

The new video debuted on American Idol. Too bad they didn't play the whole video. Ok song. Bad video. At least the Material Girl looked good.

Back
Top Bottom