Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, and I'd argue that Madonna usually seemed to defer to the vision of the various talented directors she worked with, while Jackson's videos seemed to be more about his performance more than anything else (with a few exceptions). Of course, if you can dance that well, you might as well feature it, right?

What would everyone say was Madonna's best concert DVD? I quite enjoy the simplicity and semi-innocence of Ciao Italia (aka Who's That Girl tour) and the sheer insanity of the Girlie Show, but haven't got around to downloa..., er, I mean, purchasing Drowned World or Confessions yet.

Also, the fewer the male dancers, the better the viewing experience...

I haven't seen all of them, but I really love the Confessions DVD. I can't recall if I've seen the entire Drowned World video or not, but the parts of it I've seen, I've liked.

I thought I'd heard there was going to be a Sticky & Sweet DVD coming this fall, but I haven't heard anything about it in months. I hope it's still happening. I'm not a huge fan of the album, but I've liked what I've heard of the shows a lot.

Believe me that Drowned World DVD is worth a purchase. The show has 4 different sections, and they're all wonderfully designed and choreographed. And a phenomenal setlist.

I'll bet you can find a used copy on Amazon or Half.com for under $10.

The staging of Drowned World was excellent - truly a theatrical presentation.

I just hope we eventually get the Reinvention Tour on dvd - the bits from the 'Im Going To Tell You A Secret' movie thing are awesome. I want the whole show!

I thought I'd heard there was going to be a Sticky & Sweet DVD coming this fall, but I haven't heard anything about it in months. I hope it's still happening. I'm not a huge fan of the album, but I've liked what I've heard of the shows a lot.

I haven't heard when the DVD will come out, but the new Epix channel has been airing the concert.

It was meant to be out in November but apparently Madonna's manager twittered that it has been delayed indefinitely. I dont think they want to canibalise the strong sales of the 'Celebration' dvd. The 'Celebration' CD has been a bit of a non event but the double dvd is selling well.

Madonna’s ‘Sticky & Sweet’ Concert To Be Released March 30th On DVD, Blu-Ray And CD

LOS ANGELES, CA -- January 12, 2009 -- Madonna’s most recent stage extravaganza, the “Sticky & Sweet” concert, will be released on March 30th, it was announced today by Live Nation, the world’s largest live music company. “Sticky & Sweet”, which was produced by Live Nation, was the most successful tour by a solo artist in history and was seen by over 3.5 million fans in 32 countries around the world. The show, which will be distributed by Warner Bros Records, will be available on DVD, Blu-Ray and CD and will include many of the Material Girl’s hits from the course of her unprecedented career including, “4 Minutes,” “Like a Prayer,” “Hung Up” and “Ray of Light”. Filmed in Buenos Aires, over four days to a crowd exceeding 256,000 fans, the concert also includes a show stopping moment when Madonna performs a historic “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” to a thunderous audience response from her Argentine fans. Also included are several hits from the multi-Grammy winner’s most recent CD “Hard Candy” which debuted at No. 1 in 37 countries. The DVD also includes 30 minutes of exclusive footage filmed behind the scenes during the course of the tour. “Part concert, part block party and all fun, there is still only one Madonna,” raved the Oakland Press in their review of the “Sticky & Sweet” Tour. “A night of triumph and defiance… A two hour multi-media juggernaut,” glowed the LA Times. “Our lady of perpetual motion…This may be the best tour she’s ever stitched together,” claimed the NY Post.

the concert also includes a show stopping moment when Madonna performs a historic “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” to a thunderous audience response from her Argentine fans.

:drool:

If she sings this anywhere near as good as she performed You Must Love Me when I saw her, this will be amazing.

'Madonna: Sticky + Sweet' Book
Madonna's legendary "Sticky + Sweet" Tour, the most successful tour by a solo artist in history, has been chronicled by her longtime manager Guy Oseary and the resulting book, "Madonna: Sticky + Sweet" is being published by powerHouse Books (Feb. 2010) The glossy retrospective includes 500 extraordinary photographs taken on and off stage during the course of the 58 show tour which circled the globe in 2008 and was seen by over 2 1/2 million fans. Oseary's discerning eye along with his unprecedented access to Madonna before, during and after each show gives the viewer a unique insight into the journey of a lifetime. The Sticky+Sweet photo book feature the four segments of the concert experience including the opening “Pimp” section, and Old School salute to early NYC dance roots, onto Romani music influences and escalating in a rave finale. Oseary previously released the critically acclaimed "Madonna: Confessions" photo book, also published by powerHouse Books which covered her previous tour.

Guy Oseary is the CEO of Maverick and Madonna’s manager. He has worked closely with Madonna for almost two decades, and was the only individual permitted to take photographs both on and backstage on the landmark Sticky & Sweet Tour. Oseary’s first book, Madonna: Confessions, was published by powerHouse in 2008.

COLLECTIBLE: STRICTLY LIMITED TO 7,500 INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED COPIES

Click here to pre-order your copy!

Madonna Statement Following Earthquake In Haiti
“My prayers are with the people of Haiti. I can’t imagine the terrible pain and suffering they are experiencing. Sadly the depths of the tragedy are just becoming known and the need for our support grows more urgent with every passing moment.

I have given a donation of $250,000 to assist Haiti’s earthquake victims through Partner’s in Health (Welcome) one of Haiti’s leading health care providers. I urge all of my friends and fans around the world to join me collectively to match my contribution or give in any way you can. We must act now.

Thank you for your support”
Madonna

I just hope we eventually get the Reinvention Tour on dvd - the bits from the 'Im Going To Tell You A Secret' movie thing are awesome. I want the whole show!

There is a pro-shot of the Reinvention Tour about to surface (within the next 48 hours), audio rips have done the rounds this evening and links can be found on several Madge forums. Looks like pretty raw footage, not the final DVD (no post production or anything). Reminds just how fabulous that tour was :drool: (and just how crap Sticky & Sweet was in comparison).

I'm going to check the torrent sites to look for that - I've heard so many great things about that tour. Someone holler when it shows up online! :wink:

I'm going to check the torrent sites to look for that - I've heard so many great things about that tour. Someone holler when it shows up online! :wink:

Of the (4) Madonna tours I've been to RIT sits in just behind Confessions. Great show, great set-list, DVD should leak in a day or so :drool:

Madonna To Perform At Haiti Telethon
We are happy to confirm that Madonna will join the upcoming star studded Telethon to air on every major network this coming Friday evening.

Organized and hosted by George Clooney, the Telethon is set to raise millions for the citizens of Haiti, which were affected by the recent earthquake.

RIT Lisbon pro-shot DVD now running on The Pirate Bay :drool:

Brilliant tour, killer set-list :drool::drool::drool:

Question for you Madonna fans; have you ever seen her in concert and did those performances (I hear that she never sings the songs without this elaborate act) sound good live? Just wondering.

Phanan: I think the demo version sounds more rock oriented, whereas the album version sounds like it was geared toward the dance crowd. Maybe I'm crazy.

I've never seen her in person, but judging from her last few tours (of which I've seen DVDs), it all sounds great live. She has great background singers, but she does pretty well on her own with the vocals.

Back
Top Bottom