M83

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Odd and probably inconsequential question: is it M eight-three or M eighty-three? I never even considered the latter until I heard an audio review that referred to him as such.

Odd and probably inconsequential question: is it M eight-three or M eighty-three? I never even considered the latter until I heard an audio review that referred to him as such.
200px-Chad_Johnson_2007.jpg

M Ocho Tres.

Listened to the leak twice this week both on long drives so start to finish without interruption. What a great album. Really like it.

If I had any complaint at all (being as picky as possible) it would be that on a couple of occasions what sounded like some really epic song ideas started up and then trailed off. I can't remember which ones yet, I'll have to go back and look at the song titles (I was driving and only listening).

I was hoping my copy would arrive in time for the weekend. This did not happen.

No, I have packages delivered to the office because my mail route service is iffy. Things mysteriously get lost. Office is closed until Tuesday so no new music this weekend unless I go to an actual store and they have an actual CD that I would like to purchase.

I finally listened to the first disc and most of the second disc this past Saturday, but I don't think I was in the right/M83 frame of mind. I think I just made myself listen to it because I'd had the album for over a week and hadn't heard it yet.

It deserves to be heard when I'm in a better mood to receive it.

However, I did listen to The Field's brand new one, "Looping State Of Mind", and I absolutely loved it. I think it's my favorite of theirs so far. :heart:

My copy finally arrived today. I'm driving a friend to the airport and we'll listen to the new Tom Waits (she's a fan) on the hour drive down and then I'll crank up M83 on the way back. All in a day's work. :wink:

FitzChivalry said:
However, I did listen to The Field's brand new one, "Looping State Of Mind", and I absolutely loved it. I think it's my favorite of theirs so far. :heart:

I wouldn't say I like it more than From Here We Go Sublime, but it's very, very good and Then It's White is one of my favorite songs by them. :up:

Driving back from Albuquerque yesterday I popped in Disc 1, hit play, and fell in love.

It didn't hurt at all that I was driving my friend's car which has a really great stereo, and there was one of those killer cotton candy desert sunsets all the way home. :happy:

I saw them last week, it was amazing, short but beautiful. The new songs sound really good, I think I cried with "Midnight City" and "Don't Save Us From The Flames"

Probably. 'America' has been in a commercial for months now, but no one but me seems to recognize Dead Cities tracks. :wink:

^ contrary to popular opinion, I really love when I hear an amazing song in an ad, so... I think it's great

Back
Top Bottom