M83

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, for some reason the M83 set I'm seeing Saturday is at 5:45, which sucks since I wanted it to be nighttime. Oh well. HYPE.

It doesn't matter what time of the day you see them, I'd still be jealous.

Best song on that there album. But I reckon the free beer will have my eyelids plenty low.

this is the best album that i haven't listened to enough this year. it's not that it doesn't have replay value, it just dropped at a bad time for me. think i'll go back and rediscover this thing!

I wouldn't say I like it more than From Here We Go Sublime, but it's very, very good and Then It's White is one of my favorite songs by them. :up:

I like it a notch above "From Here We Go Sublime" because there's not one song on "Looping State Of Mind" that I don't like, even though I really do love "From Here We Go Sublime". Hell, I even love "The Sound Of Light" EP . . . which many find to be quite a chore.

'Is This Power' is my favorite off the new album.

Sorry to derail. Back to the M83 at (in) hand.

Anyone still holding to the theory that the song is some generic childhood fantasy tale hasn't read the lyrics closely. The toad licking isn't apparent until you look them up without the innocent voice to throw you off.

Let's not forget: the French aren't especially whimsical. It is far more likely that they would attempt to escape their Frenchness through drug use.

Alright, I'm going to purchase the album this week. But I am trusting all of you that it will be worth the two Sonic Youth albums on which I am passing in order to buy it. :wink:

Anyone still holding to the theory that the song is some generic childhood fantasy tale hasn't read the lyrics closely. The toad licking isn't apparent until you look them up without the innocent voice to throw you off.

Let's not forget: the French aren't especially whimsical. It is far more likely that they would attempt to escape their Frenchness through drug use.

This.

Oh, I noticed the toad licking thing straight away. The song just doesn't do anything for me. Is that too hard to understand?

Oh, I noticed the toad licking thing straight away. The song just doesn't do anything for me. Is that too hard to understand?

I don't think anyone had a problem with you not liking it Bonster, twas only messing around with you in re: to the drug bit.

I could think of a way of writing this post without coming across as sounding like I think you are some insane drug addict. But, hopefully you knew what I meant :doh:

The Sad Punk said:

Oh, no, that's fine of course. You just said you thought it was some cliche children's fantasy when it's quite obviously a toad-licking anthem. That's all I was saying.

That Urban Outfitters edition I complained about? Snapped it up at the merch table last night.

I finally listened to this thing. First vague impression is that it's good, but overly long. Although I couldn't name them, I could have done without probably a good 7 or 8 songs.

Guys, will I burn forever in a fiery torment if I've allowed my daughter to like the song on the basis that it's a happy tale of a childhood trip into a fantastical jungle land?

:uhoh:

:wink:

(seriously tho, she loves it)

I think it's pretty awesome that two different generations can appreciate music as good as this on any level or basis of what they individually believe it to be about.

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds....

Totally. I don't expect children to judge music based upon my cynical standards and assumptions. I'm going to be a hipster parent playing my baby Rockabye Radiohead and ambient shit like that because they have just as great a capacity to love great melodies and hooks as the rest of us, albeit with limited understanding of the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnBau6fL8S8

:heart:

Back
Top Bottom