M83

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm seeing M83 in about a week and I still haven't been able to listen to Junk in full for a second time. Even a song or two barely interests me.

Really hope he plays plenty of the old stuff.

If I'd already seen M83 before I probably wouldn't be going this time around.

If I'd already seen M83 before I probably wouldn't be going this time around.

Agree. I've seen them twice before, so I completely skipped them at Coachella this year and didn't even think twice about it.

Saw Underworld instead and didn't regret my decision because Underworld was one of the best sets of the entire weekend. They friggin' blew the Sahara tent away!

The gig was enjoyable but not great. Very little from before HUWD. I'm stunned even something like "Kim and Jessie" isn't in the set. But "Couleurs" was awesome.

Very little from before HUWD. I'm stunned even something like "Kim and Jessie" isn't in the set. But "Couleurs" was awesome.

I didn't see them during the Saturdays = Youth tour, but they didn't play Kim and Jessie when I saw them in the HUWD tour either. Very weird.

Couleurs live is fantastic. By far my favorite M83 song.

Last edited:
Nearly 20 years after making this thread, I finally was able to see M83 live last night. It was at an outdoor amphitheater, winter temperatures (40 degrees) and pouring the coldest rain you can imagine for nearly the entire show. Maybe the most miserable weather and temps I've ever experienced for a concert, but I couldn't have hoped for a better performance and show otherwise.

I assumed they wouldn't play much of anything from the older albums, but they ended up playing 3 tracks from Dead Cities (still my most listened to M83 album) and my 3 favorites from Before The Dawn. The old tracks sounded great, the new tracks sounded great, the crowd was dancing and cheering like crazy despite the weather.

They exceeded every expectation I had built up over the last 2 decades. Amazing show.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/m83/2023/ogden-amphitheater-ogden-ut-53b9bfc5.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom