M83

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kim and Jessie is now my favourite off Saturdays=Youth. But I think Farewell Goodnight might be my favourite overall.

M83 have just supported Kings of Leon so i have seen them a couple of times. To be honest i was not that impressed although i know its hard to judge a band who are just a warm up act for someone else!

Well, he is right though. They're in very drastically different classes, though I'm probably thinking of it a bit differently than he is.... :wink:

I think Dead Cities is still my fav., Fitz. Granted, it was my introduction to them, so I'm probably biased and have had more time with it than the others. Oddly, I probably enjoy Saturdays=Youth overall as an actual "album", but I still have to give favorites to Dead Cities.

I've said it before, but I love M83's album and singles covers. For kicks, here are a couple of my favs.

M83-America.jpg

M83.jpg

Tuesday, January 27:
NBC: Late Night With Conan O'Brien: M83

This is tonight. Watch or die. There is no middle ground, because I was given no boundaries as a child.

Tuesday, January 27:
NBC: Late Night With Conan O'Brien: M83

This is tonight. Watch or die. There is no middle ground, because I was given no boundaries as a child.

Thanks for the heads up...I'm gonna DVR it tonite. Just downloaded Saturdays=Youth today after hearing 'Kim & Jessie" amillion times on SiriusXM.

John Hughes needs to make a movie to go with this.....

When you say "downloaded", I hope you mean iTunes. M83 deserve everyone's money.

Did anyone else watch the performance? It was beautiful! The guitar solo at the end was fantastic.

Damn it, Mofo! Thanks for letting me forget. This is your fault.

I'll have to Youtube it later.

Conan streams the entire show on his site for a few days. Just check tomorrow, and you can watch it in considerably better quality than Youtube. I watched The Walkmen performance from last night on there earlier today. Generally, just click on the second to last break before the very end, and you can watch immediately from the musical performance.

Anyways, I'm still extremely happy with M83's performance. They get a lot of flack for supposedly being "boring" live, but I thought they were quite engaging and sounded fantastic on Conan.

mmmmm.....I have a Zune, so I use the Zune Marketplace. We're PC's not Macs. :lol:

As long as it's legal, I'm happy. :up:

By the way, if you like Saturdays=Youth, both Dead Cities and Before the Dawn are fantastic as well.

Back
Top Bottom