M83

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least he's not doing Budweiser commercials like other "artists".

Can't hate on the dude for getting some coin. As shitty as that movie looks, it looks like the perfect type of movie for him to score. It might even be good; Daft Punk turned in an awesome score for a mediocre Tron sequel.

They don't have a track listing either. The CD version is like double the price of the mp3 on Amazon as well, hopefully it's the full thing. I'm only 5 songs in, and absolutely love it.

Alright, I have not had the chance to listen to this, but I'm doing it now. Can't tell you how HYPE'd I am.

Well...that was certainly a thing.

I don't expect to love the movie, by any means, but I can't wait to see those songs in context. Beautiful. Loved how much it tended to sound like an 80s movie soundtrack (would you expect less?) and also the song title "You Can't Save Her". Being a sci-fi, it immediately made me think of Blade Runner. I'm excited for this film.

There's definitely an "ode to Vangelis" vibe throughout the entire thing.

I can't find any details either. The official M83 website lists the CD, but makes it look like the normal version. I think I'm going to see if I can find it in a store tomorrow and check (if stores actually receive movie soundtracks on CD still...).

Not sure how much I want / need the bonus tracks anyways, but more M83 is always nice.

There's definitely an "ode to Vangelis" vibe throughout the entire thing.

Oh yea, and that is definitely a good thing.

I can't find any details either. The official M83 website lists the CD, but makes it look like the normal version. I think I'm going to see if I can find it in a store tomorrow and check (if stores actually receive movie soundtracks on CD still...).

Not sure how much I want / need the bonus tracks anyways, but more M83 is always nice.

I left out my major "criticisms" for the album last night in my happiness, but, I seriously question how much of this soundtrack M83/Gonzales are responsible for. There's a lot of orchestration and stuff far beyond anything we've heard from the band. I'm going to go ahead and say about 30% of the album was clearly M83 based. The rest of it, I heard hints, but never strong showings of M83.

However, the rest of the score is just as fantastic, there's nothing wrong with it, I'm just pointing out the fact that if you're wanting all 30 tracks cause ZOMG M83, you might be barking up the wrong tree.

Back
Top Bottom