Low

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What in fuck, this thing leaked three months early. I can't even find a pre-order page for it on Subpop.

But 'eh, I reviewed it after one listen cause that's how I DO.

It's not my favorite thing they've done, to be honest.

I listened to it a few times and thought it was horrible. Easily the most boring album I've heard all year. Sorry mofo.

I thought it was pleasant but nowhere near their best. Some really good tracks near the beginning.

I listened to it a few times and thought it was horrible. Easily the most boring album I've heard all year. Sorry mofo.

Not sure why you're apologizing to me, it's like the second time I've even mentioned the album on this forum.

It was logical to me at the time of writing.

Probably because I think you're the biggest fan of this band on this forum. Not sure if that's accurate BTW. :lol:

Probably because I think you're the biggest fan of this band on this forum.

I will happily wear that title. FYI, Low is sort of the main / original "slowcore" band, so "boring" is sorta what they've always been going for. :wink:

According to Alan (member of Low), he was extremely into punk and the idea of doing things that go against what's popular, and even can be uncomfortable to listen to. At the time, grunge was huge, so his idea of doing the opposite was having really minimalistic, slow, quiet songs. Their last few have actually been quite accessible compared to a lot of their earlier albums.

C'mon was awesome. Again, I like this new one but there don't seem to be very many standout tracks to look forward to when I pick it back up.

I agree, which is why I haven't had much to say about it. It's nice every time I listen to it, but I forget what any of the songs sounded like once it's done.

Damn. That's terrible. I had no idea. I freakin loved their last album. RIP

Damn. That's terrible. I had no idea. I freakin loved their last album. RIP

They were on tour in Europe just last month, it all seemed to happen quickly. Incredibly sad, 55 is much too young. One of my favorite bands, first time I saw them live was one of the best and most memorable concerts I've ever been to. So many great albums and great songs.

Really heartbroken for their family, especially their children. Rest in Peace, Mimi. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom