Lovers of good music, please come and listen to Joe Pug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
I've been wantin to make this thread for months now. Here we go. Let's see if I can get more than like 2 replies. Joe Pug. He's a young man from Chicago. Singer/songwriter. Incredible voice. Wonderful words. His stuff is the closest thing I've ever heard to very early Bobby Zimmerman.

Here is his best song. It's called Hymn #101. Listen to it and fall in love.

YouTube - Joe Pug - Hymn 101

He's had an EP out for a while now called Nation of Heat. It's brilliant. You can buy it on iTunes. Holla.

The Dylan vibe is strong with this one, I like it :up:

He kind looks like one of the Jonas Brothers though, not sure if that's a good thinkg or not.

Glad you like it. And haha, yeah, I had heard Hymn #101 a dozen times before I actually saw what he looked like and it was one of those "That voice comes from this dude?" moments.

Here are a couple more songs off of the EP. More Dylan vibes, but I almost feel like I'm cheating him with that comparison. There's no doubt that it's there, but he's just so damn good at emulating it. I don't know.

YouTube - Nation of Heat

YouTube - 03 Joe Pug - "I Do My Father's Drugs" - Schubas - 5/1/09

I really have a strong feeling that this guy is gonna hit it big sometime in the near future.

The thread looks to be a failure. The internet breaks my heart again. At least elfa listened to Hymn 101 and liked it.

The rest of you are assholes.

Back
Top Bottom