Lou Reed & Metallica - Lulu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, a few thoughts on this record, and most of them will be positive, only because I won't mention the music (much). What I'm going to mention is "BALLS". Which is what those five ... humans? are they still human? would humans make music like this???... have. They have balls. It takes a (possible destructive, most likely delusional) amount of confidence and ambition to make music like this, knowing (they must have known) how it would be received.

Or maybe no-one knew, and the problem with the record industry is that everyone who works in it is so stupid they should be placed under 24 hour supervision lest they forget how to swallow and then die while driving and kill children when their car crashes.

Anyway, this record has some pretty good music, and Metallica can be respected for doing something so atypical of them. There is no reason for them to do something like this. They risked a lot, and I respect them for it. I'm mystified that this record was made, and I can't believe it was released, and I suspect it may be a joke, but I respect Loutallica more than Coldplay, Kanye, and Lana Del Ray, but not more than Sugar Ray because I am Mark McGrath.

Here I was thinking you were one of the more level-headed EYKIW posters. This is the stupidest thing I've ever read! You like a shit album more than a good one (Coldplay, Kanye, Lana Del Ray) because a bunch of old, irrelevant musicians made something atypical and that translates as having balls?

I think redhill had more credibility with his Morrissey-Satellite of Love-360 connection.

Here I was thinking you were one of the more level-headed EYKIW posters. This is the stupidest thing I've ever read! You like a shit album more than a good one (Coldplay, Kanye, Lana Del Ray) because a bunch of old, irrelevant musicians made something atypical and that translates as having balls?

I think redhill had more credibility with his Morrissey-Satellite of Love-360 connection.

My post is largely in jest, and I am rather scathing towards Loutallica. However, I do have more respect for them than Coldplay because the latter bunch of souless whiners have become more and more bland and pathetic with each record, and Lulu at least has a couple good riffs and grooves. Hell, I respect Nickleback more than Coldplay. Coldplay make those guys seem clever and adventurous!

The list is really a bit of rhyme joke (LDR I neither respect nor disrespect, since she has three average songs).

As for Metallica being irrelevant, I think you should talk to the 100,000 terrifyingly intense people at Rock In Rio. Lets see a festival crowd react like that to U2.

I'm not much of Metallica fan, btw.

i do hate it when EYKIW regulars find this part of the board.

Yeah, everything's so much better when it's the same 10 people posting in all the music threads!

i don't know how anyone with all of 352 posts can actually be considered a regular anywhere. clearly it was a joke. i don't even like coldplay.

Sorry, I'm rather cranky tonight. I didn't know it was a joke, because I think there are people who say that and do actually mean it.

well, normally i would have tacked a :wink: several spaces down...but personally, i don't really mean most of what i say anyway.

i don't know how anyone with all of 352 posts can actually be considered a regular anywhere. clearly it was a joke. i don't even like coldplay.

1/2 joke? Nickleback are terrible, and I won't listen to them, but I find Coldplay offensive. They are by turns trite and meaningless (and stupid), yet they perform their songs as though they are complex, passionate pieces. They are completely empty; they are devoid of real feeling or thought, and while Nickleback have never written a decent song at least their songs seem natural. What bugs me the most is that they had potential to be good, and they can still be better than they are, but they seem to want to be as bland as possible. I dislike Nickleback's music more, but I have less respect for Coldplay as artists.

I heard Viva La Vida in the grocery store the other day and paid attention to the words, and they are meaningless...yet Martin felt the urge to go "ooowhoaaa!" ? Really? They probably thought it seemed like what Bono would have done in 1984, so it must be a good idea. Only thing is, Bono would only have done so if he had to, if the song needed it.

Back to Lulu. What the fuck. I can't accept that this album exists. I'd like to hear an instrumental version, though.

Back
Top Bottom