Lou Reed & Metallica - Lulu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so much for me hoping this was going to be one of those projects that never actually panned out...

blueeyedgirl said:
Kids, don't have ECT. ECT's bad, mokay?

to this day i still wish i had gotten to see the electroshock therapy video they were showing the family of some psych pt in the psych ward while i was doing my clinical rotation for medic school, because id have loved to see how fucking creepy some dude on recording must sound trying to sell it as a method of treatment.

that is what you meant, right?

Lulu%20comment%20Metallica%20Lou%20Reed.JPG

that has a jb hifi sticker on it...how am i supposed to see that and not think "friggin' cobbler"?

The worst part about it all is that Metallica was hailing it as their best album ever.

OK, a few thoughts on this record, and most of them will be positive, only because I won't mention the music (much). What I'm going to mention is "BALLS". Which is what those five ... humans? are they still human? would humans make music like this???... have. They have balls. It takes a (possible destructive, most likely delusional) amount of confidence and ambition to make music like this, knowing (they must have known) how it would be received.

Or maybe no-one knew, and the problem with the record industry is that everyone who works in it is so stupid they should be placed under 24 hour supervision lest they forget how to swallow and then die while driving and kill children when their car crashes.

Anyway, this record has some pretty good music, and Metallica can be respected for doing something so atypical of them. There is no reason for them to do something like this. They risked a lot, and I respect them for it. I'm mystified that this record was made, and I can't believe it was released, and I suspect it may be a joke, but I respect Loutallica more than Coldplay, Kanye, and Lana Del Ray, but not more than Sugar Ray because I am Mark McGrath.

i can't take any opinions seriously from someone who makes sugar ray references that have nothing to do with boxing.

Back
Top Bottom