Lotus Plaza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I fully expected to be coming in here to say that I didn't care for it, especially since I haven't cared for anything I've heard from Deerhunter and Atlas Sound.

But nope! I am surprised and happy to say that I am liking this quite a bit. Will definitely be buying it.

Finally got around to listen to this and was really impressed. I found myself aching to spend more time listening to Deerhunter. I only know a handful of songs from Microcastle and Halcyon Digest, and I like them a great deal (Desire Lines is one of my favourites, I love Pundt's vocals). Also, they seem to be great live... really enjoyed their performance on Pitchfork Music Festival.

Mikal, it took me so long to figure out the album in your avatar is not the one they released this year. I was so confused. Downloading now though.

The album is a bit samey for me but it's enjoyable enough when I'm in the right mood. The closing track is gorgeous.

Every time I listen to this I enjoy it more and more. It's one of the best records released this year. I hope he has a couple songs saved for Deerhunter, though. And I hope they get a new record out this year. I need to see them live again.

The buried guitar in Out of Touch is reminding me of Mercy... if this continues over the next 7 tracks we could have another cobbler-wont-fucking-shut-up situation on our hands! :heart:

cobl04 said:
The buried guitar in Out of Touch is reminding me of Mercy... if this continues over the next 7 tracks we could have another cobbler-wont-fucking-shut-up situation on our hands! :heart:

:up:

I didn't like the rest quite as much, but I'll definitely be buying it today, provided it has a booklet.

Strangers, Out of Touch and White Galactic One are phenomenal.

Spooky Action was a real breakthrough for Lotus Plaza; 52 of the 79 posts in this thread weren't written by Mikal. :up:

There's no better way to get a thread moving in B&C than to get friggin Cobbler on board.

I love it all. And of "Jet Out of the Tundra" isn't the best song title for years I don't know what is. Wonderful tune and it feels evocative of the title, to me.

This thread makes me realise that I miss the shit out of shouter though. I hope he's doing okay.

cobl04, glad to hear it's growing on you!

ps, that's an awesome stat. i thought i had more posts in this thread than that, lol!

I'm surprised that I like this album so much, since I was bored to tears by Deerhunter. I hear some Jesus and Mary Chain/Dinosaur Jr. influences and that's always a good thing. The closing track is gorgeous.

I actually don't care much for Atlas Sound. There's Walkabout and then there's everything else.

I'm really surprised by the amount of distaste for Deerhunter. Not that anyone has to like them, of course, but I was under the impression that their albums were much better received around here.

They're well-received everywhere else on the internet.

This is the only forum I've seen that gives two fucks about Father John Misty, so there you go.

Back
Top Bottom