Los Campesinos! -- WE ARE BEAUTIFUL, WE ARE DOOMED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If you shout...

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
LEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAKLEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Score one for all of us! YES!!!

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Fuck leaks.

Fuck illegal downloading.

Fuck people who can't wait a couple months for something to be released legally.

Fuck people who say they'll "buy it when it comes out" and never do.

Fuck people who think downloading is an acceptable way to "see if they'll like it enough to buy it".

Fuck people who say "I don't like it enough to buy it", but then continue listening to it.

Fuck illegal downloading.

Fuck leaks.

I'm not sharing with anybody, nor am I stealing. Just saying word, because several people around deez parts really love this band and I'd love to discuss this record with 'em. I already pre-ordered my copy, and I own Youngster alone on both ($30 Japanese) CD and vinyl.

I typically post my leak alerts with a message urging you to purchase the music to which you're listening and to support the artist, but nobody every seemed to pay them any mind. I'm glad to see that at least somebody appreciated or would've appreciated them, so consider this your notice, people--BUY THIS RECORD WHEN IT DROPS AND SUPPORT A GREAT BAND AND A GREAT LABEL (Arts & Crafts)!!!!!

P.S. Welsh music is better than sex.

P.P.S. I see that you've edited your post. I still stand by my words, and (in all seriousness!) commend you for taking a stance. But, really...I have no regrets listening to this. These guys are the most ballinest shit evah, and I'm not uploading anything.

Maybe the same four people who post in the other one somehow wouldn't have seen it if it was posted there....

Maybe the same four people who post in the other one somehow wouldn't have seen it if it was posted there....

cookiemonster.gif

Song for the Other Kurt? Documented Minor Emotional Breakdown #1?

I'm in heaven.

This band releasing two albums in one year is like scoring some hot chick who then is like , "hey my hot best friend thinks you're hot and wants to get with you, and I'm totally ok with it".

Thank you music gods.

This band releasing two albums in one year is like scoring some hot chick who then is like , "hey my hot best friend thinks you're hot and wants to get with you, and I'm totally ok with it".

So it would be just like any other Friday night for me?

Cool.

Well, barring unimaginable incident (ie, if Radiohead actually releases this: THE-FLY.CO.UK / Top Stories / Radiohead Reveal New Album Details), this will be the first year in my lifetime in which one band has released the two best LPs of the year. Ridiculous. I really, really, really miss Dave Newfeld's work on the boards, but there is almost nothing about which even I can think to complain, here.

I cannot believe this...I mean, The Hold Steady releases Stay Positive, Johnny Foreigner releases Waited Up Till It Was Light, Ruby Suns release Sea Lion, and The Mae Shi releases the stunning HLLLYH, and I'm not even willing to consider a single one of these releases as the best thing I've heard. Not even close. I will borrow from the Ian Mathers Youngster... review on PopMatters:

"Los Campesinos! are the first band of my own generation I have ever had real, honest-to-goodness faith in. I believe in these guys, and I swear to you that I have the standard issue Internet-scribe pragmatic shield against hype. Like a lot of contemporaries, overly explicit proclamations of ambition/belief/love tend to make me squeamish. But I have started buttonholing friends and making them listen to this album. Cynics and those who just don’t feel it may claim instead that this is, at best, just a collection of good songs, with witty lyrics, without much dynamic variation; but I tell you today, five or ten or 20 years from now, the only way we won’t be speaking of Hold on Now, Youngster… as a classic will be if Los Campesinos! have already topped it."

I may be ignorant and I may be stupid, but I'm sure-as-fuck happy, listening to these kids.

Well, barring unimaginable incident (ie, if Radiohead actually releases this: THE-FLY.CO.UK / Top Stories / Radiohead Reveal New Album Details), this will be the first year in my lifetime in which one band has released the two best LPs of the year. Ridiculous. I really, really, really miss Dave Newfeld's work on the boards, but there is almost nothing about which even I can think to complain, here.

I cannot believe this...I mean, The Hold Steady releases Stay Positive, Johnny Foreigner releases Waited Up Till It Was Light, Ruby Suns release Sea Lion, and The Mae Shi releases the stunning HLLLYH, and I'm not even willing to consider a single one of these releases as the best thing I've heard. Not even close. I will borrow from the Ian Mathers Youngster... review on PopMatters:

"Los Campesinos! are the first band of my own generation I have ever had real, honest-to-goodness faith in. I believe in these guys, and I swear to you that I have the standard issue Internet-scribe pragmatic shield against hype. Like a lot of contemporaries, overly explicit proclamations of ambition/belief/love tend to make me squeamish. But I have started buttonholing friends and making them listen to this album. Cynics and those who just don’t feel it may claim instead that this is, at best, just a collection of good songs, with witty lyrics, without much dynamic variation; but I tell you today, five or ten or 20 years from now, the only way we won’t be speaking of Hold on Now, Youngster… as a classic will be if Los Campesinos! have already topped it."

I may be ignorant and I may be stupid, but I'm sure-as-fuck happy, listening to these kids.

Even though I cannot wait for U2popscumbo to go to Japan and punch you in the face, this has inspired me to check this band out.

If you're not into whiny British male singers, you may have a hard time getting past Gareth's voice.

I have a feeling Hold On Now Youngster and Malkmus's Real Emotional Trash are going to be neck and neck til the end of the year for my #1 spot.

I cannot wait for U2popscumbo to go to Japan and punch you in the face

I still don't understand this. Somebody link me to where this gag started. I was without the internet for about a month, from the last few days of July through the vast majority of August, and I clearly missed something.

Also, "Miserabilia" is better than life. So is the rest of the record, of course...just maybe not quite as much better.

So I listened to "Hold on Now, Youngster" and thought it was ok. Then gave it a 2nd listen on my flight out to NYC, and was like, "this is pretty good". Then I listened to it on the plane back and was like "this is good". Then I listened all day at work yesterday and was like "this is great". There you have it.

IYS, I do not recall the thread, I just know that U2popscumbo made mention of wanting to go to Japan for a few reasons, but one was to punch you in the face.

So I listened to "Hold on Now, Youngster" and thought it was ok. Then gave it a 2nd listen on my flight out to NYC, and was like, "this is pretty good". Then I listened to it on the plane back and was like "this is good". Then I listened all day at work yesterday and was like "this is great". There you have it.

Sounds about right. Good for you. Welcome to the fold. The new record is brilliant and surprisingly different from what's come before. It is a Goodmanson production, through and through. I miss Newf, but Sleater-Kinney was the shit and apparently would've sounded awesome, if they were to be resurrected as a suger-rush, hyper-twee pop-a-thon band. Wonderful stuff. Stream the title track and others legally, and read a nice little write-up, from a link, right here!:

"We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed" [Stream] | Pitchfork

Welcome to the club. It's a grower for a lot of people, despite how catchy it is.

Once I got hooked I was just playing it over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom