Los Campesinos! -- WE ARE BEAUTIFUL, WE ARE DOOMED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I just had a vicarious Shouter flashback to his weekends in Japan.

Well done.

That'd get shitty in a hurry. In the best way. YLB's the only non-baseball fan of the bunch, which I chalk up to his being between the Fish and the Devil Rays. It's a little too late to latch onto the latter, he says. I agree.

All of those things certainly add to the hilarity, but I think we're all generally sharp witted and good enough with the written word to have it translate.

But yeah. I wouldn't want to subject my IRL friends to this shit.

Just because I like Pedobear doesn't mean I like jailbait.

Thank you.

And Lance with the solid base knock!

YLB does like hoops, though, so it's not like he's anti-sports. Lance likes.....tennis, right?

US Open :drool:

Well done.

YLB does like hoops, though, so it's not like he's anti-sports. Lance likes.....tennis, right?

US Open :drool:

I fucking hate basketball. However, surprisingly I enjoy most other sports. I can't stand following baseball through broadcasts, but I love going to live games. Same with soccer. "Football" I enjoy through any venue.

But yeah, I love tennis. Playing and watching. Also love playing badminton and golf. And of course the Summer Olympics are seriously like the best thing that happens to television every four years.

Well done.

Well, yeah. He knows his shit too. I'm just saying he's never established himself as much of a baseball fan.

Also love playing badminton

I fucking hate basketball. However, surprisingly I enjoy most other sports. I can't stand following baseball through broadcasts, but I love going to live games. Same with soccer. "Football" I enjoy through any venue.

But yeah, I love tennis. Playing and watching. Also love playing badminton and golf. And of course the Summer Olympics are seriously like the best thing that happens to television every four years.

Have you been to any Nationals games?

I'm sure I've expressed my love of badminton on this forum well before the whole Shuttlecock phenomenon took off.

Yeah, but in a year or two, get ready for THE STRAS!! to make his debut!

Yeah, and now you're already way over my head. My knowledge of sports only goes as far as the mechanics of the games themselves, aside from a few key figures within Tennis, Golf, and the Olympic games.

Yeah, and now you're already way over my head. My knowledge of sports only goes as far as the mechanics of the games themselves, aside from a few key figures within Tennis, Golf, and the Olympic games.

Ah, ok, sorry. The Nationals held the #1 pick in this year's amateur draft, and they drafted an insanely highly touted college pitcher named Stephen Strasburg. They signed him to a lucrative contract minutes before the signing deadline. Guy is supposedly a once in a generation talent. We shall see, as the paths of #1 picks are sometimes fraught with peril.

Stephen Strasburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That thing they do every game with the presidential mascots racing is fucking hilarious. If they're still doing it, that is.

There really aren't any wordS for how much I love this. It was only recently brought to my attention via Sportsnation, where they showed a clip of Lincoln completely Usain Bolt-ing it and prematurely celebrating/taunting.

It. Was. AWESOME.

the paths of #1 picks are sometimes fraught with peril.

And whipped cream.

There really aren't any wordS for how much I love this. It was only recently brought to my attention via Sportsnation, where they showed a clip of Lincoln completely Usain Bolt-ing it and prematurely celebrating/taunting.

It. Was. AWESOME.

I was working in DC for about six weeks and caught a game. Never had heard of the race thing before.

And I love the "Let Teddy Win!" movement. Came close to buying a t-shirt.

let-him-win.jpg

Fantastic shirt there. Almost as fantastic as the powder blue LC! shirt you got that I wanted. Fucker.

The Philosophy Football is awesome, by the way.

Los Camps like Football.

C WUT EYE DID THEY'RE?

Well played, old bean.

Obviously, I can't complain about any of that. Out of all the famous people (the term is used loosely with musicians) I've managed to speak to, everyone from Junior Griffey to Bill Clinton to the guy from Fruit Bats today, my conversation with Harriet was the best. Even better than Annie. Gareth was also completely awesome and a great dude.

Sorry for all the name drops.

I've met a ton of athletes, of course.

I've also met a lot of B celebrities through various work functions.

I told you all the best was playing blackjack with Mrs. Constanza. She was a fucking riot.

Wow, you guys absolutely did work on this thread.

I imagine a meetup with THE CLIQUE! at some sporting event would go swimmingly.

I don't know if that would include me, but I am a dangerous hooligan, at sporting events. Constant heckler, once made Felix Pie cry, brutalized a few high school athletes (back in the day), a regular verbal assaulter of opposing team's fans (of literally all ages), and bound to show up wearing profanity-laced clothing/carrying profanity-laced signs/ready to spout profanity-laced tirades until nearly dead.

I somehow wound up at the hella-epic game 6 of that also hella-epic Chicago/Boston series, in May, and at several points found myself perched atop a row of seats at the United Center, conducting the crowd behind me (with shocking success, hence "at several points") in scandalous chants and riotous outbursts. I lost my voice for 6 days, had a go at swine flu, and saw to it that those poor Boston fans, two rows down, were never again seen, after half-time. ...Although I suppose I did see them being interviewed on ABC, complaining about the hostile treatment they received at the game.

Brilliant.

I don't know if that would include me, but I am a dangerous hooligan, at sporting events. Constant heckler, once made Felix Pie cry, brutalized a few high school athletes (back in the day), a regular verbal assaulter of opposing team's fans (of literally all ages), and bound to show up wearing profanity-laced clothing/carrying profanity-laced signs/ready to spout profanity-laced tirades until nearly dead.

I somehow wound up at the hella-epic game 6 of that also hella-epic Chicago/Boston series, in May, and at several points found myself perched atop a row of seats at the United Center, conducting the crowd behind me (with shocking success, hence "at several points") in scandalous chants and riotous outbursts. I lost my voice for 6 days, had a go at swine flu, and saw to it that those poor Boston fans, two rows down, were never again seen, after half-time. ...Although I suppose I did see them being interviewed on ABC, complaining about the hostile treatment they received at the game.

Brilliant.

Yeah, maybe we'll meet up with you later or something. :)

Ha ha ha. A diplomatic answer, and more than likely a smart one, too. Or the right one, I guess I should admit.

Brilliant.

I got kicked out of a youth sports league game ... while I was in the stands ... at the age of ten.

Yes, I've been known to abuse the occasional referee.

Back
Top Bottom