Los Campesinos! -- WE ARE BEAUTIFUL, WE ARE DOOMED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was a colossal asshole, so that only makes it harder for me to defend Rush. Sigh.

I have REM on my mind today. Was just thinking about when they first came on the scene, how college radio just fucking adored them and whatnot. I was a devotee almost from the beginning, and could not get too many others to listen, even though the HS I went to was littered with kids with great taste in music (My HS was more like a college setting).....U2 was my favorite band even then, but REM were fucking heroes to me, in a world filled with Journey and whatnot being popular. Anyway.

Man, I really wish I'd been around when REM first came on the scene. I'm a huge fan of their music now, but I can't imagine what it would've been like to come up then, and actually be a fan as it all happened.

I can play Death to Los Campesinos! and You! Me! Dancing! on guitar. Warrants mentioning.

Man, I really wish I'd been around when REM first came on the scene. I'm a huge fan of their music now, but I can't imagine what it would've been like to come up then, and actually be a fan as it all happened.

I know that it must get boring to hear old folks babble about what it was back in the day.....but, for me, being a young music fan as U2 and REM started out their careers was simply amazing. Is it lame to say that I'm proud of both bands, and thrilled that I was around since almost the beginning for both bands?

I think Steve Perry would have been too embarrassed to sing Stand, and there's nothing even on the side two of either album to rival the tepid irrelevance of a clunker like The Wrong Child.

Perhaps one of the most disappointing major label debuts of any college rock band. The drop-off between Document and Green is like stepping through elevator doors into an open shaft.

I think Steve Perry would have been too embarrassed to sing Stand, and there's nothing even on the side two of either album to rival the tepid irrelevance of a clunker like The Wrong Child.

Perhaps one of the most disappointing major label debuts of any college rock band. The drop-off between Document and Green is like stepping through elevator doors into an open shaft.

Man, I'm not comparing Green to REM's earlier work, but come on.

I know that it must get boring to hear old folks babble about what it was back in the day.....but, for me, being a young music fan as U2 and REM started out their careers was simply amazing. Is it lame to say that I'm proud of both bands, and thrilled that I was around since almost the beginning for both bands?

No, it's not lame at all. I'm jealous that you got to experience that. I'm not saying that music now doesn't have the same impact on me, but then, the whole college music/indie/alternative scene was new and exciting, and being there as a new way of making music was being formed would be amazing.

Escape and Frontiers > Green

From the master who brought you Scorsese > Spielberg.

That's totally awesome though. And to think you had to shovel your way through 50 miles of snow to get to school and listen to those bands. Fantastic.

The "Shout at the world because the world doesn't love you" part? Fucking awesome!

I may just be very pleased with myself for purchasing this based solely on the unbridled enthusiasm of IYS.

The "Shout at the world because the world doesn't love you" part? Fucking awesome!

I may just be very pleased with myself for purchasing this based solely on the unbridled enthusiasm of IYS.

Just wait til you hear the first record, B. For real. Another great record to sit down and listen to with the liners in hand, so that you can keep up with the seriously neverending string of brilliant lyricism and metric phrasing/sleight of hand. Wonderful.

Sadly, I was recently personally told by Gareth that the article plays a bit fast/loose with the facts. He said not to hold my breath, for a record even in time for the fall. Bah! I was pretty excited, for 12 hours! You can't win them all, right?

10 days into recording a new record, it seems. Again working with John Goodmanson. 15 tracks. Not going to be out super-soon, apparently, but still on the way. I = Happy. :hyper:

LC!

Yes, Gareth lied to me. The fucker.

SPRING TOUR:

03-29 Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts
03-30 Burlington, VT - Higher Ground
03-31 Montreal, Quebec - La Sala Rosa
04-01 Toronto, Ontario - Opera House
04-02 Detroit, MI - Magic Stick
04-03 Milwaukee, WI - Turner Hall
04-04 Minneapolis, MN - Fine Line Cafe
04-05 Omaha, NE - Waiting Room
04-07 Denver, CO - Bluebird Theatre
04-10 Seattle, WA - Neumo's
04-11 Vancouver, British Columbia - Richard's on Richards
04-12 Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom
04-13 Sacramento, CA - Harlow's
04-15 San Francisco, CA - Slims
04-16 Costa Mesa, CA - Detroit Bar
04-17 Indio, CA - Coachella
07-11 Lisbon, Portugal - Alive Festival
07-22 Buenos Aires, Argentina - Niceto Club
07-24 Bogota, Colombia - Teatro Metro
07-25 Caracas, Venezuela - El Teatro

I won't be going to Coachella, but they're playing in Orange County on my birthday!

FUCK YEAH!

At least there are a few days around the Denver date for them to add a show here. Probably won't happen, but I do have my fingers for crossing.

Back
Top Bottom