Los Campesinos! -- WE ARE BEAUTIFUL, WE ARE DOOMED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got an e-mail announcing more dates.

'Sup dudes?

All's good in the LC! hood. With less than a week to go on our current 'right hand side of the US tour' with Titus Andronicus, we are a little maudlin, because it's been the funnest time ever, but there is light, because we today have the pleasure of announcing West Coast/ Mexico/Canadian dates.

As follows:
March 6 - Mexico City, MX @ Lunario Nacional
March 7 - Guadalajara, MX @ Teatro Estudio Cavaret
March 29 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
March 30 - Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground
March 31 - Montreal, PQ @ La Sala Rosa
April 1 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
April 2 - Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick
April 3 - Milwaukee, WI @ Turner Hall
April 4 - Minneapolis, MN @ Fine Line Café
April 5 - Omaha, NE @ Waiting Room
April 7 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theatre
April 10 - Seattle, WA @ Neumo's
April 11 - Vancouver, BC @ Richard's on Richards
April 12 - Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom
April 13 - Sacramento, CA @ Harlow's
April 15 - San Francisco, CA @ Slims
April 16 - Santa Barbara, CA @ Velvet Jones
April 17 - Indio, CA @ Coachella Music Festival

Touring partners to be announced soon.

Thank you to everyone who has come to watch us and spoken to us and been generally lovely to us on the recent dates. You have been the nicest crowds we have ever had the pleasure of playing to, and we are very grateful.

I'm trying to think of some things to say to make this relevant those of you not from the places written above.

Erm, we'll probably play in the UK again some time. I'd imagine so.

THANKS!

Hang loose,

LC! X

I guess that I never heard about any more dates being announced. NSW, are you going to Milwaukee, next weekend?

Ahh, that must have been when I was complaining about them playing Coachella and nowhere else in the L.A. area.

My prayers have been answered! I bought three tix an hour ago. Now I just have to decide which two ladies will be coming with me!

On that new blog that I posted, you can ask the band questions. You should ask Aleks to go with you/marry you. If you can get Ellen in on that, I'll go green with envy/ask you for details, details, details. Just get them to have the techs play for them, that show. It'll be the greatest shit ever!

I'm going to try and pick her up in person, thank you.

There's nowhere cool in Orange County for them to go, so maybe I can convince them to come back up to Hipsterville with me.

Jesus, what a great show, tonight! Sadly, it was way too short and nowhere even remotely near as rowdy as that Chicago gig. News/observations/pointless puffing-out-of-the-chest:

1) Aleks (and Neil, pssh) stood DIRECTLY behind/next to me, during the Sky Larkin set! I nearly fainted, because all the blood rushed from my head to my...well, uh, you get the idea. My GOD, she is a beautiful woman.

2) Semi-related and cool news: the chick from Sky Larkin hit on me, after the show! Score! Too bad I think she's gross, I guess. Regardless, that was a first (not being hit on, but being hit on by a professional musician) and I felt more than flattered!

3) Tom says that the band has plans again to work with producer Dave Newfeld (BSS, SFA, etc.), but he also says that nothing is set in stone. He mentioned that they'd just spoken, earlier in the day, about where everybody's at, these days, and a little bit about the future. Good news, for me. I'm a huge Newf supporter; Tom seemed equally smitten with his work.

4) Ellen is fucking gorgeous. I mean, seriously. That hair...! Man, I love blonde, punk chicks. Especially the bass players.

5) Gareth, Tom and Neil came into the audience for the closer, "Death to Los Campesinos!" and sang/played the entire song from the center of the floor. Very cool stuff. I lifted Neil back onto the stage twice.

6) I have been sworn to secrecy, regarding details...but Tom told me about some summer plans which have me more than a little bit excited.

7) Gareth told me that I am "a voice of reason," amongst Los Campesinos! fans. We talked about Xiu Xiu. I had fun.

Interesting to note, though: as much as I enjoyed this set and as much as I so embarrassingly obviously love the band, I listened to SFA nearly all the way from Milwaukee to Chicago. That new record is that good, kids.

Wales 4evr.

Fuckin' right, man! You would, too, if it happened to you! ;)

I couldn't bring myself to speak to Aleks. I tried, but failed. Twice, in fact. Both during the Sky Larkin set (good set, but the album's nothing special...painfully, numbingly samey stuff) and after the show, when I had more than a chance. Ugh.

Seriously, who is this beautiful? And without seeming to notice it, too? Ballin'-ass smile, on that chick, and she was smiling for the entire show.

YouTube - The International Tweexcore Underground

I'm embarrassing myself, but I don't care.

Felled by a sudden loss of blood from the head. A damn-ass shame, but there's be further opportunities to terrify her, I'm sure. I know people in Minneapolis. I should've gone up, for tonight's show. I still could, mind, but it's actually cheaper to fly there, at the moment. Too late for them shits.

I wonder if "Someone I know has a huge crush on you and I want to make him jealous" would be enough to get Aleks to pose for a picture with me.

Ha! I knew it was a reference to something, but didn't feel like going along/had no idea that it was this. Wow. To what has Interference come...?

I'm liking these guys more and more and more. Glad you had a good time, Shouter. Here's a picture to mire you in your regrets:

cam4yw5.jpg

Take it away, Laz.

I don't even want to get started on how hot that picture of that woman is. Wow! On a more serious note, I do feel a bit "off" going on and talking about how attractive the girls are, because that angle unfortunately comes up again and again and again, when discussing any band with a look-at-able woman in the lineup--when viewed in the continuum of music journalism/general discourse, it's pretty insulting and reductive.

At the same time, of course, I think that the vast majority of the regular posters in this thread--whether LC! supporters or detractors, and including myself--have risen above that particular fray, instead focusing almost exclusively on the merits of the music. I mean, there's of course nothing wrong with finding Aleks disarmingly gorgeous. Such is life. Some people are hot, and that's that. There's absolutely nothing wrong with noticing it, pointing it out, or, you know, having a good time with yourself while thinking about it. ;)

I just get a bit self-conscious, because, generally speaking, the focus too often falls on looks, with female performers. See: Halle Berry winning an Oscar only for showing her tits, and literally all of the mainstream discourse focusing on/not having any problem with how much the Oscar was deserved specifically because she was willing to "bare it all for the art/the 99% male population of US film critics."

Sorry. I know that that's not quite relevant to our briefly mucking about, in here, but I figure it's worth thinking about. And, of course, I still want her (or Ellen!). Badly.

I wouldn't mind putting her paws on my recorder, if you get my double meaning.

I was hoping you'd go the route of "I wouldn't mind Hot Cross-ing her Buns, so to speak."

IYS, I think we all rise above it with any of the female musicians we like. Do I think Annie Clark, Lisa Lobsinger, Chan Marshall, Leslie Feist, etc. are hot? Of course. Ridiculously so. But I still appreciate their art because it's just plain good. The hotness is just a nice bonus. These are genuinely talented women who just happen to make me go from six to midnight.

In all the pictures I've seen of Los Camp! there is one girl who is clearly the best looking. If I remember, she's brunette. And small. I don't know which is which or who is who but, yeah.

Annnnnnyways...that "You! Me! Dancing!" is quite a song, eh?

GAF, we appear to have the same taste in women. Women who have reached the age of consent, at least.

57.jpg

Harriet = winner winner chicken dinner. Aleks = close (very close) second.

And I might be in the minority here, but I like Beautiful more thanYoungster.

Nothing like the latest incident in a completely fucked up "relationship" to make you love Los Camps! even more. Awesome!

/Zoo Confessional'd

Back
Top Bottom