Los Campesinos! -- WE ARE BEAUTIFUL, WE ARE DOOMED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You would get infinitely more use out of it than I would.

What was the list you even ended up with, Laz?

I thought it was hilarious until I found out they were related...and then I just found it to be rather Star Warsy.

She, along with Aleks, is in the Sea Is a Good Place video. Does that mean both of them performed on the album?

That's good news. Now tell me if I won the damn record box.

It was all based on accuracy. Lois submitted her answer, got all the correct answers and didn’t add in any extras/guesses or anything. A few people got all the answers but also piled in some others that went against the instructions and guidance I gave at the start, so that seemed the obvious way to whittle it down to one.

Damn it.

lulz

Gareth is kind of an asshole, sometimes. But, then, I probably am, too...and would probably be even more of one, if I suddenly went from a regular-ass, obsessive indie kid to somebody whose every word gets misquoted or misrepresented (sometimes significantly), far and wide.

"There Are Listed Buildings" is the first song in this playlist!!!

BBC iPlayer Console - Huw Stephens: 30/09/2009

Starts at about 1:30. I think it starts pretty shakily (and though there isn't much there, it seems Gareth's sister cannot sing...at ALL; or, if it's Aleks, she left the band due to throat cancer), but from the first chorus...wow. Jesus F. Christ, wow. Does anybody write a catchier guitar lick than Tom Campesinos!, these days? I'm serious.

Really hating Huw for not just shutting the fuck up, too. Asshole.

Still waiting for the band to record a bad song. My jaw is on the floor, in better-than-Huw-Stephens-stream quality. Take note, people. 2010 will begin with a bang.

Stream:

There Are Listed Buildings ? LC!

Lyrics, via Gareth:

You glug and you glug, salt water from sandcastle bucket. You glug and you glug and the tide turns in your stomach, splash your shoes. You complain the tap-water runs solid white, you dangle fishing line for crabs, but they're not interested, I'm your only bite. I watched your face move in a compact mirror; how the powder settles in - premature crows feet, caused by worry. You say I circle you unwanted, like a seagull swoops and feeds from bin.

There Are Listed Buildings and woe betide your listed heart. I think I'd do it for love if it were not for the money. I'll take any scraps that you can give.

Comewhat midnight, you commandeer a fishing boat, decree to drift further than we could swim. Comewhat midnight, the neon signs, have been unplugged and fade, you danced a jig down at the harbour, create your own flash show with security lights. I remember being naked to my waist though not in which direction.
"And oh, I am a glutton for love, can you give me some romance? I'm a glutton for sin".
We are but two atheists in lust, you know, we gotta make our own luck.

There Are Listed Buildings and woe betide your listed heart. I think I'd do it for love if it were not for the money. I'll take any scraps that you can give. I think I'd do it for love if it were not for the money. I'll take any scraps that you can give. I think I'd do it for love if it were not for the money. I'll take any scraps that you can give.

Mark yr calendars.

Our new album, Romance Is Boring, will be released on February 1st 2010 on CD, digital and vinyl.

There is plenty of time for conjecture and discussion, but in the meantime, here are some facts.

The tracklisting is as follows:

In Medias Res
There Are Listed Buildings
Romance Is Boring
We’ve Got Your Back (Documented Minor Emotional Breakdown #2)
Plan A
200-102
Straight In At 101
Who Fell Asleep In
I Warned You: Do Not Make An Enemy Of Me
Heart Swells/100-1
I Just Sighed. I Just Sighed, Just So You Know
A Heat Rash In The Shape Of The Show Me State; or, Letters From Me To Charlotte
The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future
This Is A Flag. There Is No Wind
Coda: A Burn Scar In The Shape Of The Sooner State

The album was recorded and mixed between March and June of 2009, in Seattle, Connecticut and Monmouthsire, with producer John Goodmanson. It features guest appearances from Jamie Stewart, Zac Pennington and Jherek Bischoff.

It is a record about the death and decay of the human body, sex, lost love, mental breakdown, football and, ultimately, that there probably isn’t a light at the end of the tunnel.

That last song is going to suck balls.

"Letters From Me To Charlotte"?

Looks like Lance is gonna have a new favorite song.

Also, Impy gotta be pissed that Oklahoma gets a shout-out.

I'm just pissed that Gareth kept cyber-yelling at people for deducing in advance that the record was called Romance Is Boring. A few days ago, an Amazon or Wichita or something URL ended with, more or less, "Romance_Is_Boring," and that pretty much sealed the deal. Still, it now seems like he was just pissed that everybody figured it out. Blah. Going to be fucking awesome, I'm sure.

Well, considering we were all discussing a song call "R.I.B." all summer, it's even more obvious.

Nothing he needs to get worked up about. Christ.

I've really only noticed it since starting to follow the blog and Shouter mentioning the temper. He couldn't be nicer in person.

Back
Top Bottom