Los Campesinos! -- WE ARE BEAUTIFUL, WE ARE DOOMED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could have just as easily assumed it was an Annie Lennox reference, for that matter.

AnnieSandyVert4x.jpg

So...did nobody see them, at Lollapalooza? What the fuck?

Also, sez Gareth (re: somebody saying that he confirmed, at Lollapalooza, that the record would be out in 2009):

That's a classic case of some idiot thinking they know more than they do. It will definitely not be out this year. And I didn't mention the record at all at Lolla.

Also, the two new songs we've been playing are called Who Fell Asleep In, and, probably, Ribs.

Sadness.

Tell her she should take the advice of my signature when she goes off for her studies.

The fuckers don't come on until midnight, so I'm standing pat for a while. Not feeling the usual sequence of checking out the opener tonight, so I'll continue watching the Rangers and PBRing. But yeah, if I get a chance to speak with Aleks I'll let her know how much everyone loves her and tell her that an education is secondary. And probably hand out a hot dicking, but like education, that's secondary.

Gareth is boozing and shook my hand at merch. Harriet walked past me before I realized it was her. Fuck. Soundcheck now. No sign of Aleks.

Wow wow wow wowwwww. What a night. So many stories. I'll tell them later. Here's Cliff's Notes.

Gareth is such a great guy and divulged a few bits about the record box project (him and Tom bought seven (!) new 7" at Waterloo today) as well as the next record. Even remembered my name. Can't wait to see them tour the US again in January. According to him, they'll do Austin again, which is great since this was probably in the top ten best shows I've ever been to.

Aleks?. Yes, I talked to her. She seems annoyed with people telling her to stay. All I said was I dug the show and think she's making a wise decision. The least friendly of those I spoke to, which was everyone but Ellen. Sorry, Shouter.

Harriet? Well, she's the new Annie Clark. One of the best conversations I've ever had with anyone, nevermind a beautiful female musician who I've been in love with for several months. She's mesmerizing. What an amazing, gorgeous woman.

Ollie, Neil, and Tom are swell dudes.

Got the setlist. I'll post it later. I also took several photos with the increasingly frustrating iPhone camera. I was secord row in front of Harriet. I'll put those up tomorrow.

This is unbelievable. I'm in the same place several times a week.

Laz, PM me if you're headed to any of the California shows next week.

Harriet > Aleks.

I said it.

For the record, I was so right.

Honestly, I want to give all the credit in the world to IYS. He was pimping this band from the very beginning, and I'm so glad I got into them on his recommendation.

Seriously, man. Props.

No worries, B. The live show is just overwhelming, is it not? If you're allowed to share any of the specific details you got, regarding the album, please do share. And any hints on how to win the record box, yet?

Wow wow wow wowwwww. What a night. So many stories. I'll tell them later. Here's Cliff's Notes.

Gareth is such a great guy and divulged a few bits about the record box project (him and Tom bought seven (!) new 7" at Waterloo today) as well as the next record. Even remembered my name. Can't wait to see them tour the US again in January. According to him, they'll do Austin again, which is great since this was probably in the top ten best shows I've ever been to.

Aleks?. Yes, I talked to her. She seems annoyed with people telling her to stay. All I said was I dug the show and think she's making a wise decision. The least friendly of those I spoke to, which was everyone but Ellen. Sorry, Shouter.

Harriet? Well, she's the new Annie Clark. One of the best conversations I've ever had with anyone, nevermind a beautiful female musician who I've been in love with for several months. She's mesmerizing. What an amazing, gorgeous woman.

Ollie, Neil, and Tom are swell dudes.

Got the setlist. I'll post it later. I also took several photos with the increasingly frustrating iPhone camera. I was secord row in front of Harriet. I'll put those up tomorrow.

Laz, PM me if you're headed to any of the California shows next week.

For the record, I was so right.

Good shit, glad you enjoyed yo'self.

Damn it, impy. Where are the new album/record box details? Don't make me call Howie B in here, to set you straight...

Sorry, Shouter. I was in DFW for a couple days and this thing fell to page two.

Album is out in January, as you know. They played a couple new songs, "Who Fell Asleep" and "Ribs." Gareth and I didn't talk about the album much. Harriet said Aleks' replacement is an as-yet-unnamed friend of the band who hasn't learned all the old songs yet. She was really a complete joy to talk to.

As for the record box, Gareth said the contest will probably consist of some question(s) about the box itself.

And a setlist photo:

29em1hz.jpg

My photos of the show itself didn't turn out so great, which I chalk up to all the movin' and shakin'.

This is how You Say "Hahaha..."
Death to LC!
Different Ways to Make it Through the Wall
Drop it Doe Eyes
Miserabilia
Who Fell Asleep (or "Who Fell Asleep In." Seen it both ways and we won't know what's right for a while)
My Year in Lists
Knee Deep at ATP
RIB (which I've seen called Ribs and R.I.B.... who knows. I was getting a new frosty PBR during, but it was still a nice song)
Fingers for Crossing
Tweexcore
Exhale
Pavement's "Box Elder" into...
You! Me! Dancing!
We are Beautiful, We are Doomed

Encore:
Sweet Dreams Sweet Cheeks

Are they not playing Documented Emotional Breakdown on this tour?

Because I'm going to be really bummed if I don't hear it.

Maybe ALEKS will take my request. Or at least the one about the song.

Back
Top Bottom