Los Campesinos! -- ROMANCE IS BORING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Full North American tour was put up this myarning:

April
17 Hoboken, NJ Maxwell’s
18 Laval, Quebec Maison des Arts De Lava
19 Burlington VT Higher Ground Showcase Lounge
20 Toronto, ONT Phoenix Theatre
22 New York, NY Irving Plaza
23 Princeton, NJ Terrace Club at Princeton University
24 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club (18+)
27 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
28 Covington KY Mad Hatter Club
29 Madison, WI Majestic Theatre
30 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro
May
01 Minneapolis MN First Avenue
04 Seattle, WA Showbox Theatre
05 Portland OR Hawthorne Theatre
07 San Francisco, CA The Regency Ballroom
08 Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theatre
10 Pomona CA The Glass House
11 San Diego CA San Diego Women’s Club

Fuckers.

First they give a shout out to fucking Oklahoma and now this.Consider my Texas nuts kicked.

i read that. imagine if you posted that final quote in eykiw. :crack:

i really liked this bit:

Pitchfork: On the first track off the new album, "In Media Res", you finish the song with a question: "If you were given the option of dying painlessly in peace at 45/ But with a lover at your side, after a full and happy life/ Is this something that would interest you?" I'm curious as to how you would answer that question about finding out when you would die.

GC: I do spend too much time just thinking about death and just how it ties into religion and love. So the proposed scenario in "In Media Res" is offering something that people could potentially agree to and feel OK about, because a lot of the fear about death is not having control over your own destiny. In all honesty, I would answer "no" to the question. But I could certainly see the attraction, and I'm sure there are times when I would answer "yes." The rest of the record sets up that happy scenario as an impossibility because it's drenched with the lack of any perfect love or satisfactory relationship. So my answer would also be influenced by the fact that I don't necessarily think the scenario is possible. Which, of course, it isn't.

i love that lyric, and song.

I just sent them an e-mail asking if the rumors about a show at Penn State at the end of the month are true. If they are, my year has just been made.

(Self note: Disquis/Yahoo account with the e-mail. Not gmail. Just so I remember where to look for a reply.)

Wow. Good for you. Hopefully that means a couple more similar dates could be added. Maybe one at a certain school known for a drugged out steer sitting on its sidelines.

Well in that case, who knows? Maybe you'll get a situation like Cass had where only 50+ people show up.

I'm pretty sure that term isn't considered derogatory, and is arguably the "preferred nomenclature"? Although that would usually be the verb, not the noun.

I mean, compared to some of the stuff you get called around here...

I'm jealous, Peefer. They've yet to come here.

On a side note, I've seemed to find myself in the mood to listen to songs from Romance is Boring while running or doing cardio lately.

The album remains really good. I've drifted very, very far afield of (I'm sorry, I don't want or mean to sound reductive, here) "typical indie" music, over the course of the last few years, and I have tended to enjoy new albums from bands I really like(d) from those circles less and less...but the songs on here are just really fucking strong, to my ears. I am able to come back to this again and again with no strong reservations. So good.

I still think it's too long, still think it's their least accomplished ALBUM, and I also think the mastering is faceless and ugly (I mean, my ears physically hurt if I listen to this entire thing on headphones), but the songs are fucking spectacular. Jesus. Nearly every single one of them. One of my complaints of this LP as, you know, an LP is that there's just too much of a good thing; I'm spent, by the time it's over. Cannot wait for the Chicago show, in a few weeks. Should be good fun.

This isn't one of those, "Well, I shouldn't like this, but I do...therefore, it's GREAT!" kind of things, either. Far from it. I hope it doesn't sound or seem that way. I'm just saying that I am sort of surprised that the dude who's spending Record Store Day seeing two Puffy Areolas shows and a White Mystery in-store is also a dude who's all over this. Really refreshing.

The album remains really good. I've drifted very, very far afield of (I'm sorry, I don't want or mean to sound reductive, here) "typical indie" music, over the course of the last few years, and I have tended to enjoy new albums from bands I really like(d) from those circles less and less...but the songs on here are just really fucking strong, to my ears. I am able to come back to this again and again with no strong reservations. So good.

I still think it's too long, still think it's their least accomplished ALBUM, and I also think the mastering is faceless and ugly (I mean, my ears physically hurt if I listen to this entire thing on headphones), but the songs are fucking spectacular. Jesus. Nearly every single one of them. One of my complaints of this LP as, you know, an LP is that there's just too much of a good thing; I'm spent, by the time it's over. Cannot wait for the Chicago show, in a few weeks. Should be good fun.

This isn't one of those, "Well, I shouldn't like this, but I do...therefore, it's GREAT!" kind of things, either. Far from it. I hope it doesn't sound or seem that way. I'm just saying that I am sort of surprised that the dude who's spending Record Store Day seeing two Puffy Areolas shows and a White Mystery in-store is also a dude who's all over this. Really refreshing.

:up: it's been on regular rotation since i bought it. dominates my top 25 on itunes as well.

just a shame no one seems to have even heard of it in this country. or they're too busy fapping to Contra.

Cobbler, despite how it seems on this forum, they're not remotely popular here either.

Back
Top Bottom