Los Campesinos! -- ROMANCE IS BORING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very true. The only folks I know who are even aware of LC existing heard about them from, well, from me.

I know one person who independently had heard of Los Campesinos! But that same person had to be introduced to The National by me, so there's that.

I lurk on a few other music forums here and there, and the only person who's ever mentioned them on the other forums has been myself.

Reminds me of the old Zen Buddhist koan: what is the sound of one hand clapping?

Or, if I can put that in Utahian terms, what is the sound of one wife cleaning?

The first three shows of the tour have been canceled due to Icelandic volcanoes. Fuck Icelandic volcanoes. Where are Bjork and Sigur Ros when you really need them?

That sucks, my friend. If it's any consolation, they've never come here, so I feel your pain.

Apparently they're using the Penn State date to instead make up a gig in New York. Which I guess makes sense, since it was a free gig here. Still, I will probably be totally miserable for at least three days, and then again next Monday when I'm watching my roommate play Splinter Cell instead of watching LC! rip through a live set for the first time.

He has the new one, Conviction. I've played it once, it was pretty damn entertaining. This coming from a guy who plays remarkably few video games.

E-mail.

Calling America,

April
25 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club (18+)
26 New York, NY Irving Plaza
27 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
28 Covington KY Mad Hatter Club
29 Madison, WI Majestic Theatre
30 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro

May
01 Minneapolis MN First Avenue
04 Seattle, WA Showbox Theatre
05 Portland OR Hawthorne Theatre
07 San Francisco, CA The Regency Ballroom
08 Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theatre
10 Pomona CA The Glass House
11 San Diego CA San Diego Women’s Club

If you look to the listings above, you will see how we hope this tour to pan out.

Incase you’ve not become aware previously, due to the erupting of a volcano in Iceland, all flights in and out of the united Kingdom have been stopped dead for the past 5 days. An upshot of this has meant that we have been unable to travel to the States. We've already had to cancel a handful of shows, and I cannot emphasise enough what a horrible thing this is for us as a band to have to do.

More recently, flights have begun to be allowed, however as we were due to fly on the 15 April, we are no longer a priority to the airlines. Sadly it’s not a case of us being able to jump on the first flight over, we have to wait our turn.

I’m very sorry that we have disappointed some with the necessary cancellations, though obviously you appreciate that everything has been totally out of our hands. Please, if it offers any comfort, consider how sad you might be to miss us and multiply it by several million to get somewhere near how gutted we are to be on the other side of the world, missing these shows, missing you guys and hemorrhaging money.

But, all is not lost, and hopefully we will be with you on the weekend.

The gist is this.

Tonight’s Toronto show, and tomorrow’s show at Maxwell’s, New Jersey are CANCELLED

Thursday’s New York show rescheduled for Monday 26 April.

Saturday’s Boston show will happen one day later than orginally planned on Sunday 25 April.

It just remains to say thank you very much to Alun and Ffion at Ankst for working so tirelessly to get us on flights and keep us in the loop, and Matt Hickey and his guys in the States for helping re route this tour.

One thing I am certain of, when we make it to you, these are going to be the most violently euphoric shows we have ever played.

We will see you soon,

LC! x

Not sure if Cardiff is a Top 5 UK University, so LC just might condone a little knife crime.

Knife. Crime.

I used to hate Carson Daly but over the years he revealed to be a lot more insightful and funny than I was giving him credit for. Especially compared to fools like Jimmy Kimmel or Jimmy Fallon.

Glad they debuted on his show instead, even if that probably wasn't by choice. And I've said it before, but this song was not the best choice for a single. Though I like the guitar solo on the live version a lot.

Lastly, I did NOT go to the L.A. show, but the one a couple nights later and 30 miles away. Much more intimate venue than the El Rey.

Dry route to Devon, So great, like heaven, I think that we are losing a way.
June 26, 2010, 8:59 am
Filed under: WHEAT

This is one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to write. I’m afraid it’s not a food review, but I am sat in a little café north of the border that does amazing Orange Polenta cake.

It is with very sad regret that I have to announce that I, Ollie Campesinos!, have parted company with Los Campesinos!.

When we first started this band we never expected in a million years that three years down the line we would have done and achieved all the things that we have. It’s been an amazing experience and I wouldn’t have missed it for the world.

I want to thank everyone that we have ever worked with. Without your hard work we wouldn’t have done all these things. Thank you to every band I have ever had the privilege of playing with. I have made some really great friends.

But most importantly I want to thank every one of you that has ever taken any time to take interest in us. Whether it’s coming to a gig, buying a record or merely reading my food reviews. If it weren’t for you guys and gals we would have faded out a long time ago.

It’s been a true honour and a privilege, my life is going to be very different.

Thank you.

Ollie x

God damn.

Yeah, but how long until one of them decides school or work is more important and also bows out?

Yeah, but how long until one of them decides school or work is more important and also bows out?

Gareth and Tom ARE the band, so I don't see that happening unless the whole band goes under.

Ellen seems the most rock and roll of all of them; what the fuck else is she going to do?

Back
Top Bottom