Los Campesinos! -- HOLD ON NOW, YOUNGSTER...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did no one get my Flight of the Conchords reference?

:angry:

I picked up on it. A 6/10 in my book.

Two albums in a year? Damn, I haven't even been able to listen through the first one much beyond a few tracks. These guys are already off to a great start.

Death to Los Got_Edgepesinos!

I resent that
crossarms.gif

So I'm guessing Pitchfork is going to rate their new one over 9.0 just for having the balls to release a follow-up that quickly.

Any takers?

Are the Sticking Fingers Into Sockets and International Tweecore Underground EPs worth getting, or should I just download the main tracks from them on iTunes?

I notice You! Me! Dancing! and Don't Tell Me To do the Math(s) are on the Sticking EP, are they identical to the album versions? (the You! Me! Dancing! seems to have a different track time on it)

I'm pretty sure the songs are the same versions. Are they worth getting? If you really love cover art.

We're only talking three legitimate songs (the shortest being Mixx at 1:30) plus the Pavement cover between the two EPs. Clunk-Rewind is less than 30 seconds long.

Oooo what Pavement song?

Also stopping by to say that You! Me! Dancing! is one of the best songs I've heard all year.

Are the Sticking Fingers Into Sockets and International Tweecore Underground EPs worth getting, or should I just download the main tracks from them on iTunes?

I notice You! Me! Dancing! and Don't Tell Me To do the Math(s) are on the Sticking EP, are they identical to the album versions? (the You! Me! Dancing! seems to have a different track time on it)

Fingers, even as an EP, was one of my top ten records of last year, so I'd definitely say that it's worth getting. "Frontwards" alone would be worth the price of admission, but nearly everything else is nearly as good. "We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives," for example, is (notice a trend developing) one of the best singles I've heard in years (and do take note of the jaw-dropping music video, upthread).

"Math(s)" is the the LP version, but the LP version of "You! Me! Dancing!" is very noticeably different (and not nearly as good) as either the version from the old-school Hold On Now, Youngster... EP or the version on Fingers (which I'd say is easily the definitive take on the song).

The "Tweexcore" single is only worth buying if you're a big fan of Black Flag or Calvin Johnson. If you're not, then just stick with the A-side, which was, by far, one of the best songs to see release in 2007.

Thanks, IYS, that helps. I think I'll get them on iTunes to save some dough then.

I'm just embarrassed that I've never heard the original version of that Pavement song....

I don't have the deluxe version of Slanted & Enchanted, just the original.

you can probably find a used copy of watery,domestic alone for way cheap now.

Shoot the Singer, the last song on there, is one of the greatest things Pavement ever recorded, as is Frontwards. Both probably better than anything on Slanted.

Maybe I'll just buy the deluxe version, looks like it has a lot of cool stuff on it and is only $15 now.

Even the hidden track is epic. Well done, Los Campesinos!, well done.

I'll try to get their new album soon, after I listen to a couple other ones I just got.

I finally succumbed and listened to this album. Wow, it's fantastic! It usually takes me a little longer to get into female vocals, but I'm enjoying the interplay between the male/female vocalists. :up:

And, two albums in one year?!? :drool:

I think I listened to Drop It Doe Eyes around 3-4 times today, consecutively, at two different sittings: in total, a substantial number of spins. Ellen's bass line in the chorus is a hook of epic proportions. I still don't have a clue what she's doing (technically), and I noodle around on guitar enough to be able to hear music and imagine what it takes to execute a sound, even if I couldn't play it myself. I can't even hear distinct notes in her playing; it's just slinky, sludgy perfection, and it makes the song.
For a good time, go listen to it.

:drunk:

Back
Top Bottom