Los Campesinos! -- HOLD ON NOW, YOUNGSTER...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The girls in this band are real cuties. They're twee-popping slowly into my heart.

Yeah, listened to this a few weeks ago finally and was very impressed. Easily one of my favorite albums of the year so far. Sure it plays pretty much by the slightly twee, slightly witty, and HUGE sounding indie rawk playbook (see Arcade Fire, Broken Social Scene, Stars, CYHSY!, etc.), but I love that shit. And these guys do it damn well. :up:

Watched these 2 videos. Really cool stuff, especially that video for YMD. When I get some $$$ I'm definitely going to have to grab the album. Thanks If You Shout for continually promoting this band until I had to check out the thread to see why it was on page 1 for a week on end. :wink:

I like the music a lot, the lead male vocals not so much - too much of a Generic Indie Singer for my liking. Although the boy/girl vocal interplay is very lively and fun, :up:

I agree with you on the guy's voice, though I tend to be very tolerant when it comes to male vocals. I think it will grow on me, especially in the spirit of the vocal interplay.

The girls in this band are real cuties. They're twee-popping slowly into my heart.

Also, this is wonderfully true. I would fuck all of them, if given so much as a hint of a chance. Twice, even. At least.

Still, it is a testament to the sheer, absurd, delirious genius of their first two music videos ("We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives" and "You! Me! Dancing!") that I actually preferred this hella-easy-on-the-eyes band when it was faceless, because the animated videos were just so jaw-droppingly magnificent and beautiful.

I bought this damn album. Is that what you wanted? Are you happy now?

There's also a track-by-track podcast available for download, here. This came out a while back (maybe mid-March, or so...?), and I've honestly never been able to bother myself to listen to the entire thing. I'm still rabidly anti-podcast, but the promise of something possibly new at the end of the new one is enough to rope me in. I guess I'll just have to fastforward to the end and hope for the best. Anyway, the link to the track-by-track breakdown:

Los Campesinos!

Should be noted that anybody who's been enjoying this record would probably enjoy a lot of the new Johnny Foreigner record, Waited Up Til It Was Light, about which I'm going to start a thread.

Also, you may or may not like the new The Mae Shi record, HLLLYH...liking that one, though, means that you really, really, really buy into the more psychotic, drug-addled, sugar-/coke-fueled moments of something like Architecture In Helsinki's In Case We Die, and that your only complaint would have to be that, you know, that shit's just not quite crazy enough.

I can't make any guarantees about The Mae Shi (way beyond a love/hate band...more like a murder for/actually murder), but I really do think that you guys might love Johnny Foreigner. The album cover, alone, is stunning...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zR+fedSTL._SS500_.jpg

New Los Campesinos! album before the end of the year!

Los Campesinos! to Release Another Album Already | Pitchfork

"It's no B-Sides and rarities or 'songs that weren't good enough to be on the album cobbled together with some remixes and field recordings of Cardiff's indie scene'; it's 10 all-new tracks that none of you have ever heard before.

"Sure, we considered re-releasing a radio-edit of 'You! Me! Dancing!' and trying to get famous and scraping another tour out of that, but our parents unanimously agreed that if we did they would never speak to us again."

We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed:

01 Ways to Make It Through the Wall
02 Miserabilia
03 We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed
04 Between an Erupting Earth and an Exploding Sky
05 You'll Need Those Fingers for Crossing
06 It's Never That Easy Though, Is It? (Song for the Other Kurt)
07 The End of the Asterisk
08 Documented Minor Emotional Breakdown #1
09 Heart Swells/Pacific Daylight Time
10 All Your Kayfabe Friends

Awesome blossom

blossom.jpg

"How I Taught Myself..." hasn't done much of anything for me, so far, but I'm still more excited than anybody will ever understand to hear about this record. I read about it on TMT, a few days ago, and lost my shit. Can't wait for this, although I'm definitely not looking forward to having to wait until November 11 (that's right, right?) for the A&C release.

"How I Taught Myself..." hasn't done much of anything for me, so far, but I'm still more excited than anybody will ever understand to hear about this record. I read about it on TMT, a few days ago, and lost my shit. Can't wait for this, although I'm definitely not looking forward to having to wait until November 11 (that's right, right?) for the A&C release.

FYI, IYS....you're going to get punched in the mouth in the near future, and I won't be the one doing it. Just a heads up for you......

Did I miss something...?

Also, the "new" song is absolutely not on the record. It's just a previously unreleased track from the Newfeld sessions for Youngster.... Just wanted to let all y'all know.

"Sure, we considered re-releasing a radio-edit of 'You! Me! Dancing!' and trying to get famous and scraping another tour out of that, but our parents unanimously agreed that if we did they would never speak to us again."[/I]

This quote here is one of the best things I've heard a band say in a long time.

Did I miss something...?

Also, the "new" song is absolutely not on the record. It's just a previously unreleased track from the Newfeld sessions for Youngster.... Just wanted to let all y'all know.

You missed U2popscumbo telling the whole forum that he's going to Japan, either in the past, or future, to punch your face.

You missed U2popscumbo telling the whole forum that he's going to Japan, either in the past, or future, to punch your face.

Well, to be accurate, that wasn't THE reason I was going to Japan. It was more of a, "while I'm there, may as well" type thing.

Back
Top Bottom